Reviews for Homecoming
Guest chapter 1 . 4/28/2013
This was really cute :) I love taang
Guest chapter 1 . 5/16/2011
I adore it!

Clearly, you have mastered the art of subtley. Your writing has a gentle beauty to it, a quality that's left me sighing and smiling contentedly.

As soon as you spoke of her "moving instead with her own sense of time" I knew it had to be Toph. But then there was the thing with the water, which made it seem like Katara(That was smart, by the way). I was so happy when I discovered that it really was Toph! I love Taang.

Anyway, great job! You have a gift so keep using it.

-Tk.
xcgirl08 chapter 1 . 5/7/2010
"In the pale light of dawn, a man returns home."

I love love love this opening line. It's a wonderful introduction to the poetic way the story flows, and it's a nicely subtle way to sets up the feel of it: that gray, still, reflective time to begin the day and knowing that someone's waiting for you to share it.

While I'm in rave mode, this line was also awesome:

"He reached home sooner, traveling at his own pace, and it gave him a sentimental sense of adventure."

And sneaking up on Toph...Aang, you should really know better. But it was a terribly Aang-ish thing to do, and I particularly enjoyed the little detail of him teasing the stray curl of hair.

XD

Very, very nicely done.
arizony chapter 1 . 4/11/2010
Well done. Although I personally think canon is best, your story is wonderfully done. I especially like the manner in which you have not fully identified your characters, outside of Aang and Appa, obviously, though still no names are used. Your technique only adds to the story. (btw, a little shameless self promotion here, I used a similar method for one of my first stories, "Throuh His Eyes".)

-arizony-
Kimberly T chapter 1 . 4/10/2010
I like it! Though the bit about "a stream of water comes flying out of the bowl" had me thinking that the lady is a certain waterbender, until the last sentence. The phrasing was deliberate misdirection on your part, I'm guessing!