Reviews for A Question of Loyalty
Alia92 chapter 4 . 8/7/2011
The ending was awesome:) oh please write more!
Alia92 chapter 3 . 8/7/2011
:) hell yea! I been lookin for someone to do a "welcome back and thank you for totally savin my ass" chap after the collector base to honor Shep, niicely done lol I however take my hot ass drell lover with me everywhere:) anyways think this us my favorite chap, lived the Thane bit 0.0 ahhh I just love him...
Alia92 chapter 2 . 8/7/2011
Hey ;( too short!
Alia92 chapter 1 . 8/7/2011
Lol that Is what I was thinking the other day when I was talkin to her "Wrex would totally hit that" XD anyways niice writing!
amaretto and coke chapter 4 . 3/23/2011
Lovely. Very nice to see another side of Miranda that isn't hyper-sexualized, and I love the way that you characterized Jacob.
PadawanMage chapter 4 . 6/6/2010
Very nice! Love to see Miranda care about other things besides her sister.
BetaReject chapter 4 . 5/19/2010
Oh gosh wow that first scene was so incredibly touching! I normally don't ship these two as a pair but you've done such a wonderful job of portraying their relationship. The silent understanding that surpasses words. I like how you show through his actions the affections these two share, how he knows just what she needs and when to give it.

Oh wow the second deleted scene was equally powerful. Though I admit I had to smile upon hearing Jacob's nickname for Shepard heh 'Miss Lazarus' very appropriate. Equally powerful was the fact that once more you show without showing how deep Jacob's feelings for Miranda runs. How well he knows her, how he can read her with a mere glance.

I liked too how you show Miranda's strength and her vulnerability. How she is this powerful woman capable of doing some serious damage, but she's also a human being with doubts, regrets and insecurities. It was equally powerful too how she chooses to recall Jacob's kindness his unspoken support instead of falling back onto the easy way out of keeping everyone at arms length. I think that moment where she's reminicising the good time instead of the bad really shows how far she has come and how much she has grown.

Equally powerful was the fact that as muhc as she wants to break down she doesn't. She knows that what she has with him is almost if not equally fragile as the friendship she shares with Shepard. How there is that promise that one day she will fully remove her guards, its just not today.

Oh gosh that ending was so perfect too how through his simple statement he says so much more than either are ready to admit. How in his own way he expresses his own loyalties and his support of her decisions.

Honestly this was amazing I do hope you will continue to do tales that explore these characters in further detail as you have me completely hooked! m(_ _)m
Paladins chapter 4 . 5/19/2010
I very much liked this story. I like that Miranda had an issue changing sides. She didn't just flop over with a cheesy grin. I also liked your approach to Miranda as a whole. She's a fun character, because you can make her a Cerberus bitch (quoting Jack) or she can change sides to Shepard. Which gives you a lot of room with her. Other characters as well are fun in a similar way (Jack and Zaeed come to mind just off the bat), but she has more pull than them.

Anyway, I got off topic. This was a sweet story, and it does make me want to go play just to see if I can get something sweet out of Miranda (not counting playing as a guy... ya know).
OmegaCrusader chapter 3 . 5/7/2010
Now, it's definitely one thing to write a fanfiction portraying a MShep ROMANCING Miranda.

It's another thing entirely to portray a FShep BEING FRIENDS with Miranda.

Let me begin once again by saying that you essentially captured Miranda's essence and character perfectly. She's been psychologically abused by her father, isolated from the rest of the world, and, quite possibly, the extent of social interaction for her, for her standards, was simply with her contacts (which I don't think she considers 'friends', simply allies), and Niket was probably the only true friend she ever had. She believes that close relationships can break more than it can make, friend or lover. For example:

Imagine if a MShep romancing Miranda died during Omega-4. You can essentially imagine how heart-broken she would be (especially if Shepard chose the 'I promise I won't die' line), because she feels that Shepard is the only person she can actually look to as an equal, that Shepard is THAT type of person, the type of person that can breach her emotional barriers that had been erected due to her early childhood and seeing herself as merely a tool to be used and thinking that no one sees past that facade either.

I'd continue, but my take on Miranda's character is an essay of several pages long xD

So, all in all, well done, very well done. We don't see a lot of Shep/Miranda friendship fics (In all honesty, I haven't seen any besides yours o_0), and it's nice to see something different from the norm of MShep/Miranda romance fics.

I would like to see a bit of bonus content, if only for flavor. :D
kiwibliss chapter 3 . 5/7/2010
The Miranda/Shep relationship is a difficult one and I think you did an excellent job of illustrating that. Some of the slightly renegade choices in game (like Veetor) can really leave the darker side of Miranda exposed. I think that she legitimately does change through association with Shepard though, again as evidenced by you.
BetaReject chapter 3 . 5/6/2010
Oh wow I really love how you show Miranda's reaction to the Illusive man. How she terminated the two who had tortured Veetor. I really loved how she handled the Illusive man as well. I love how you show through her actions how she has matured and grown as a person.

Oh my goodness wow I really love how you show this human side to Miranda. My goodness I never thought I'd say this but you have completely sold me on Miranda. I think I actually respect and like her now. Damn.

I really love how she stands up to the Illusive Man, the very person she once believed she owed everything to. This is the Miranda I wish i could have seen in the game. Just seeing her defending Veetor like tht was so powerful. How even she doesn't recogonise her own strength. How she's starting to find herself, and becoming the woman she should have bene allowed to be all along.

Aww I love how Jacob is like a big bro to Shepard. I love how she tries to keep the mood light but you can still feel the weight of hte moment. Equally powerful is how she still is unaware of what Miranda has done. How she still remains distrustful of her though for now they are both bound together by duty. That moment where Thane and her exchange expression was really well done. No weakness, no faltering, just that mutual understanding. That was seriously powerful.

Holy wow just when I thought this couldn't get any better you have Shepard and Miranda facing TIM down! Oh that was just brilliant! Beautiful job there! I loved how Miranda shuts him down right after Shepard tells him off. I relaly loved too how you show without showing that Miranda has entered a new phase of her life. That for the first time, the very first time she is truly free, that she can finally follow her heart's desire without the control or shadow of another ruling her every action.

That silent nod Shepard gave her in reply was just so poignant too. How it says so much without ever saying a word m(_ _)m

Oh gosh this ending was so well done too. I love how each and every person handles the events of the day so to speak each in their own way. I loved Zaeed's reaction heh that is so him, same with Thane's silent presence how he offers support in his own way. But I thikn it was Shepard's response to Miranda that was by far the most powerful. How she returns the spying device that small symbol of gratitude and he unspoken understanding that there is hope yet for the future of their friendship. Her closing words too was really sweet. I just love their friendship!

Oh my goodness what a beautiful ending! Seriously this was such a lovely tale I do hope that you continue on with the addendum bits as I'd love to read anything that explores this friendship and sisterhood further!
BetaReject chapter 2 . 5/5/2010
Woah that was such a sharp contrast from the last chapter. Like Miranda I'm completely at a loss. Wow whatever she did it really set her off my word!

O.O OMG poor Veetor! ;_; I've never taken the option of leaving him with Cerebrus but upon reading this I've only found one more reason why I knew I made the righ decision. I can oly imagine the horrors that poor man went through during his interrogations (

I loved the fire of this piece, the control Shepard shows even in her rage (if that option was available I would have had Shepard space her for that.)

I liked how you showed Miranda's mask in place, how we never really see what's going through her mind though the detachment seems to reveal in its own way her reaction. The fact she needs to distance herself from the matter, the fact she never argues the point or even defends herself tells me that the jury is still out. Miranda isn't really known for her silence when something irks her so I really found it powerful how in her silence she is saying so much.

Beautiful job here I really do hope you continue in the future!
PadawanMage chapter 2 . 5/4/2010
Wow, very powerful! I never allowed him to be taken by Cerberus...and now I know why.
payroo chapter 2 . 5/3/2010
! I had no idea that would happen to Veetor if you handed him over to Cerberus... I think this is one renegade option I won't be able to choose.
The second part was all the more painful after the first one where they bonded and whatnot. I like your Miranda voice!
BetaReject chapter 1 . 4/17/2010
Wow you know this tale has really given me a new respect for Miranda, the struggles she has gon ethrough and is going through. It can't be easy to learn how to be your own person when your entire life was built to fulfil another's dreams and greed.

I like how you show this human side of her that is so rarely seen in the games or even in fanfiction for that friendship she shares with shepard was equally powerful and endearing. Its not often you see Shepard's human side either in teh tales. Usually she's angsty or too bad ass (not that I mind but I love this down to earth woman you can imagine is approachable and is capable of friendship).

I have to say it once more I really love the friendship between Miranda and Shepard here. Just seeing them as two women as opposed to soldiers, warriors or heroines. Its so refreshing to say the least!

Wow that ending just blew me away. No pretense no warning just Miranda taking that first step into finding her own person. Making her first real friend and finally finding that place where she belongs all along.

Please tell me that you'll be writing more on their friendship in the future i would love to read it!