Reviews for a man three thirds asleep
Procrastinating.genius chapter 1 . 7/16/2014
AHHHHHH NO RUDY WHY AH THE WOUNDS ARE TOO FRESH
underlings chapter 1 . 11/7/2013
beautiful! really captured rudy's character.
thehazeleyedloser chapter 1 . 8/12/2013
amazing…
but how could die?
-— deanna
Don'tTry chapter 1 . 7/21/2011
I think this is really sweet! You have a real talent for writing :)
lookupandsee chapter 1 . 6/22/2011
What poetry. What beauty.

Sigh. Your story was like an exquisite summer breeze in Florida. Breathtaking. Ethereal.
ToldInTechnicolour chapter 1 . 8/15/2010
I've never read a Book Thief fanfic before because I didn't trust them to live up to my favourite author but after reading some of your other fics and seeing this on your profile I decided to give it a whirl. Whew, long sentence!

Anyway, this is lovely! The first paragraph was exquisite. I love this. Beautiful.
Argentus chapter 1 . 7/20/2010
Oh Rudy! Yeah, his was the most bruising, definitely one of the most devastating fictional deaths I’ve come across. Even *Death* cried for him.

I love that he dreams in red, in Liesel-colors. This kind of complements her always thinking of him with his lit-up hair. And guh, it aches to know what’s really happening—the last line is like a punch to the gut.

I really love the way you write.
Paper Pearls chapter 1 . 7/20/2010
It's been a long time since I read "The Book Thief" but this story reminded me of how elegantly written it was. You captured Rudy perfectly, and it was an extremely moving piece. I loved your personification of death, too. Great job.
VickyVicarious chapter 1 . 7/6/2010
Beautiful. I love that it's the colours, and it fits so well with the book.

I ache for Rudy, much like Death does. It's a terrible, wonderful sort of ache and you caused it again here, which is really the highest praise I could offer for a 'Book Thief' fanfic.
bluestargem chapter 1 . 7/5/2010
Oh wow, this is beautiful. So powerful, and so succint - I loved it! Well done, it was really really beautiful.
verity candor chapter 1 . 4/11/2010
I know! Augh, Rudy! I loved this fic, though, beautifully, succinctly captured and this line:

that's all he needs to catch the book thief by the mouth, even if her face comes away looking like a charcoal smudge

is particularly fantastic. Gorgeous.
JacksonFrost chapter 1 . 4/10/2010
This is beautiful 3 I hesitantly went to the Book Thief's ff archives because I wasn't sure if anything would be able to do justice to the actual book (which, I agree, it was one of the best books I've read in a while. I basically read the entire thing in one night. And I don't remember if any book made me cry as much as this one did). However, I really loved this and the ending was heartbreaking. Beautifully written.