Reviews for Gambler
GT500RonSmith chapter 1 . 8/6/2013
I absolutely loved this one! Nice work!
14ulysse chapter 1 . 5/27/2011
I really like how it feels like so much happens but there is almost no dialog.

I think you were able to show how much Castle cares and knows Beckett. He knows what she wants/needs from a relationship and he puts it all out there for her but lets her process it on her own. Feels true to the Castle we've come to discover especially this season.

I would be ok with Caskett getting together in this way on the show, seems fitting.

Your writing captured my attention and really dragged me into the story, I couldn't let it go!

Well done.
Kindcaidlyn chapter 1 . 3/15/2011
excellent. You write the characters very well.
Adja chapter 1 . 3/4/2011
I really loved that episode of Bones, though it didn't go where I wanted it to (yet). :)

I also enjoyed your take on it. :D Castle needs to take the lead on this one because, of course, Beckett will play it safe. She risked everything once already and got burned, so... yeah. They have the worst timing.

I'm glad you made it better.
Obsessionsaremylife chapter 1 . 12/18/2010
Ohh this was brilliant and I have to admit I was reading it thinking god this is like Bones and then I read your Authors note and was like OH! (I wish they had finished Bones like this - I really do!)

Anyway back on to Castle! _ Loved this one shot and can't wait to read your other fanfictions - if this is anything to go by I'm going to love them!

Obsessionsaremylife
TutorGirlml chapter 1 . 10/19/2010
That was just great. So beautifully written and plotted and very in-character as well. I absolutely loved it, and could see it coming down to a scene very similar to this in the real show someday. I get what your saying about "Bones"'s influence here. Castle is being very Booth-like in certain places. I loved Booth in that episode and wanted to throw things at the TV by the end of it, but it works well here for Castle and Kate, I'm glad she takes the bet:)
ilovegilmoregirls1 chapter 1 . 10/3/2010
i love this story. i actually thought of the 100th episode of bones when i read this.
Raven Ki-Lin chapter 1 . 7/25/2010
I truly enjoyed this. I think you have a good grasp of the characters and how they would play out this scenario. And I believe anyone who likes Castle would like Bones, too. I was a Bones fan and decided I wanted to see how Castle was playing out the role reversal. I'm still debating which one I like best.
Aquamarine07 chapter 1 . 5/30/2010
"She's lost almost immediately in the idea of finally" - what a beautiful line. And what an awesome fic! :) I really, really liked it. It had such nice little touches that just spoke of both of their characters... wonderful job!
ArafelSedai chapter 1 . 5/13/2010
I just realized that I had not given you your proper accolades for this piece... Love the gambling theme. With the love of poker on the show; it's just perfect. *that and reading whilst listening to Poker Face by Lady Gaga* How is that for wierd?

So, can you just go be part of TPTB...so they don't mess it up?
Jayce Gish chapter 1 . 5/10/2010
This is SO much better than the Bones story. I've pretty much given up on Bones. Castle keeps me laughing, keeps me on the edge of my seat, and I love the romance (not to mention only 2 more episodes this season to go). This story SO kept my interest (and no Demming to pull focus from our writer boy), was completely true to character, and I was rooting along every moment for C/B to finally make some sort of committment to one another: I don't care if they want to keep it quiet or tell only family or only a few co-workers: I just want them to do SOMETHING. The romantics in us want some sort of advancement - and Castle is the gamble while Beckett needs time to process the information. Beautifully stated and perfectly protrayed. Also looking forward to steamy smutty stuff ahead (I can't wait until you tackle their first time together - my attempts at smut are pretty lame, IMHO, and I do enjoy your stagings and language when things are really heating up). This is a terrific platform.

Thanks - I need to re-read your challenges and stuff - looks like a fun place to play. Thanks again.
lucindadixon chapter 1 . 5/1/2010
I really enjoyed this. Hopefully we see something like it onscreen someday. Thank you.
tridecalogisms chapter 1 . 4/19/2010
hahaha...yeah...i love bones as much as i do castle and i starting reading this and got to the line about him being a gambler and i had to do a quick scroll to see if i was still reading castle fic like i thought...lol...i was confused for a minute! so cute...i love happy endings!
Hazmatt chapter 1 . 4/16/2010
Amazing story! I really enjoyed it! When I read the title and the beginning when he says he the gambler, "Bones" immediately came to mind! Very nicely done!
distorted realities chapter 1 . 4/12/2010
As soon as I read the synopsis I KNEW you got this from Bones. And it's perfect!