Reviews for You Get What You Give
yamifannetje chapter 1 . 2/20/2011
Oh my, I wouldn't have liked to be in the place of anyone around there!
L. M. Lockehart chapter 1 . 10/31/2010
To the very pleasant comment bellow:

1- it's actually very practical. when caught off guard, the body cant protect itself, and the stone floors make for a perfect bone-fracturing material. though luna's weight alone could not cause a break, who's to say he didn't twist and landed on it wrong, adding her weight, it could easily cause a nasty injury.

2- I agree, the bawling was a bit random.

3- You read it wrong. She wasn't bragging. Luna, being Luna, would think of it differently than the others students. She thought of it as a friendship-break through, not a mean thing to do. Though they didn't think it that way, she was proud of it.
Elodie the Scribe chapter 1 . 7/24/2010
One: I seriously doubt a grown man like Severus Snape would not only be knocked to the floor by a small girl like Luna, but break his leg in the fall. A sprained ankle, I might have believed, but a broken leg? What? It usually takes a lot of force to break any bone.

Two: Okay, what's with the sappiness? Luna just mentions that Snape was never hugged as a child, and he bursts into tears? What? That makes no sense. It's totally unlike Snape. He doesn't cry over people mistreatment of him, he gets angry and bitter. He never cried about his parents at all, not even to Lilly as a child. As far as my knowledge, Snape only cried about two times in the books, and every time, he cried for Lilly, once in privacy and the other, in the company of one person he trusted. Snape crying in this fic not only doesn't match his character, it also seems to just come out of nowhere. Besides, I'm sure that's not the only time Snape's been reminded of his childhood.

Three: why do you portray Luna as all sweet and kindly, then have her brag about making Snape cry at the end? Why would she do something mean like that? Like with Snape crying, it just makes no sense.

Your grammar and spelling is good, but please, have the characters in character next time.

~Elodie
BlueMango chapter 1 . 4/11/2010
That was entertaining! Can't wait to see more!
mew-tsubaki chapter 1 . 4/11/2010
I agree with the first reviewer -sad but sweet! What a delightfully funny pairing! I'd never considered them before, but I would love to see what you could do with them in the future. And I was thinking exactly what Luna voiced -she made him cry! Ha ha! She's probably the only one who can!

Very cute, Snape's a wittle emotional, but I want to see more of them from you! Do a chaptered story next!

Great job, rowlings-assistant! XD

-mew-tsubaki
AfraidOfFalling chapter 1 . 4/11/2010
aw that's so sad and funny all at the same time. Mostly sad, of course-things tend to be that way when you put two such lonely characters together. But I love sad. That's why Snape's my favorite character. And Luna's in my top 6, but other than Snape, my top 6 don't have a particular order. One typo that I noticed: an extra "as" when the first-year was trapped in the hospital wing. Anyway, lovely story; well done! Happy writing!