Reviews for The Fringe Benefits of Failure
MiseryMaker chapter 1 . 7/15/2012
Entirely eloquent summary of their feelings and actions. Loved it!
atdn chapter 1 . 10/11/2011
That was a sort of stream-of-consciousness piece that would've had me confused, if you hadn't put it so well. Wow.
penandra chapter 1 . 6/30/2011
Great story.

Thank you.
RositaLG chapter 1 . 5/20/2011
"Failure means the stripping away of the inessential...There is nothing pretend about failure."

I just want to have this printed on a T-shirt or coffee mug or something and just carry it around with me. I love it that much.
sunsetdreamer chapter 1 . 4/13/2011
I'm taking a chance and seeing of ff will stand for me submitting TWO reviews without totally shutting down on me :P . I have had a real field day going through all of your stories (I will even admit to reading them multiple times over).

The 100th episode is one of my absolute favourites, and my heart broke for both of them equally at the end of the episode because I could so clearly see two perspectives and two crushed hearts. It makes me really happy that you were able to articulate those general feelings into such a beautiful piece. You nailed both of them without prejudice and it is so much MORE because you give them both a voice instead of simply picking a victim and vindicating their emotions alone. Brennan's true thoughts on change and what it means to have people change and emotions change, Booth's post-thoughts on the difference between what one says and what one truly means (WANTS to mean), the idea that the fact that it happens at all prevents it from being a failure because SOMETHING happened and it broke their stalemate; it all made my heart so happy.
boredoclover chapter 1 . 1/10/2011
Wow. It's official, I love your writing. This is amazing! Just wow.
marple chapter 1 . 1/9/2011
This was a very nice description of the 100 th episode. I liked reading how you got their thoughts and insecurities.

I loved this episode and at that time i never doubted that there would be a time in the future for them. She wouldve needed time to think and realise he loves her as she is. He would show he would still be there for her. Now i think the show messed all this up with Hannah and Booth. He did not give Brennan any time and he left her as her best friend.

Thanks for sharing.
Potterworm chapter 1 . 1/4/2011
Love this. A lot. The formatting/style was really interesting and made the whole story all the better.
thegirlontheairplane chapter 1 . 9/22/2010
Wow. wow. wow. I really loved this on two levels- first of all the realistic-take-on-an-optimist in me loved how you took what actually happened and didn't over cliche or over dramatize it you just added another film on top of it, adding a layer to it that added clarity in the most honest sort of very-real-lifeish way. Which brings me to the other thing about this- in some weird sort of way this really struck a chord with my (real) life and struggles and honestly made me think. Its just one of those things that was like oh my god thats exactly it.. I spent about half of a lecture today thinking about this. Not only did you incorporate the speeches and absolutely the most thought provoking quotes from the show, but you introduced the idea that Brennan had mastered and studied society, and came to regard it as something separate from herself- and i loved how you explored that falsity of that. Basically, thanks for writing an awesome story!
Fangirlofrandomness chapter 1 . 8/2/2010
Oh how touching! It gets a bit confusing and circular at points, but considering the complexity of those few moments, that's to be expected, and it only adds to the overall mood of the story. Again, loved it, and I can't wait for more!
cal40241 chapter 1 . 6/14/2010
this was beautiful! i love how you interwove past dialogue, little asides, etc. into it. really gave the piece a lot of depth. i like this spin in the 100th episode!
Starlight77 chapter 1 . 5/8/2010
Beautiful fic. I love the interjections in parentheses. I love how you focused in on evolution and how she feels so human, how she's already changed but she just doesn't know it yet.

I really liked your insight into the difference between what Booth's words could mean to her, how he walks a very narrow line.

Fantastic ending with your conclusion that they haven't failed. It's so true. The 100th episode was a real turning point and I'm excited to see what the end of the season holds.
Aquila1 chapter 1 . 4/21/2010
Nicely done. Great introspection and I really loved the last light. It sums everything up perfectly.
ElizabethDQMW chapter 1 . 4/12/2010
Loved it! Just...loved it. I think my favorite thing about this piece is how you interwove all these gems from previous seasons. From season 1 to now, it's always been there- evolving, changing. And you really captured that thread. I am so incredible excited about where this show is taking these two- it's the most original, brave, rewardly brilliant journey, and I think you've captured that perfectly.

Thanks!
ClaireRR chapter 1 . 4/12/2010
Just lovely. I would love to see more of Brennan's inner thoughts written like this.