Reviews for Praying to the Stars
pettybureaucrat chapter 20 . 12/19/2014
Just found this incredible tale! It is so agonizingly good. The way JKR had teenagers shaking off tragic events simply wasn't believable. This story is so believable, and that's what makes it so engrossing and such terrific reading.

Dying for the next update. Want to see them hugging and kissing now! Even Draco and Astoria.
dksamuri chapter 20 . 10/14/2014
Very dark but interesting story
Stephanie O chapter 20 . 9/5/2014
I could definitely sense the change for the better when they all let their tears loose to simply grieve together. MUCH more hopeful and less depressing, even though they'd just relived the worst moment in the pensieve...it got them to actually start productively grieving, and forgiving themselves (even though there's nothing to forgive) was an important part of it. (Carrying all that guilt was obviously not helping them in the least.) As soon as they got through that, I got the very real sense that things were only going to go up from there.
LiumD chapter 20 . 9/2/2014
This is one of the most interesting fics I've read in a long time, and I've read a *lot* of fics. I've never seen anything like it before. I generally prefer to read about happy, fluff-filled stuff, angst is not my thing. But this is beautiful regardless.
anotherboarduser chapter 20 . 9/1/2014
Interesting chapter.
SuperiorShortness chapter 20 . 9/1/2014
A vow that will last Harry's entire life seems a bit ridiculous compared to an exchanged vow that can only last a little awhile... I think you should have had Astoria request the exchange, thus showing a bit of manipulation. I know Harry wasn't thinking clearly due to Hermione's situation, but I don't think even he is stupid enough to offer a lifetime vow for a vow that may or may not have been able to help Hermione over a short span of time.

Either the vow should have been exchanged for a lifetime commitment of some sort of basic protection from betrayal from those purebloods or Astoria should have manipulated him by phrasing it that way and playing on Harry's fears for Hermione...
EmilyWoods chapter 20 . 8/31/2014
WELL...GOOD TO HAVE YOU BACK...I RE-READ TO MAKE SURE THS WAS WORTH THE FOLLWOING AND IT IS...SO DON'T BE A STRANGER...I THINK A LITTLE BALANCE IN THE WORLD BETWEEN THE NEW AND OLD BLOOD WOULD BE NICE...I WON'T USE THE OTHER TERMS AS THEY REEK OF BIGOTRY...LOVE THIS STORY...
BenRG chapter 20 . 8/31/2014
And that is how healing begins. Not before time either, for Harry still has a world to save... And possibly to lead.
ZanyMuggle chapter 16 . 8/28/2014
I have the feeling that I'm going to be very frustrated when I read the last posted chapter. You have written an excellent, compelling novella here. The characters are good, the scenes are good, and so is the plot - all the facets of a good story.

A good-but-incomplete story, I suspect.

Nonetheless, I forge on. Even if it isn't finished, I seriously appreciate you writing this story. The ideas on the effects of grief have been thought-provoking.
ZanyMuggle chapter 7 . 8/28/2014
You must have seriously studied grief, or are yourself a victim of it. (Is 'victim' accurate? Grief is a natural emotion, like love, hate, boredom, excitement, ...)

Your writing is great, very emotional and true to JKR's characters as I interpreted them.

BTW, my thought is that the "pureblood" vs. muggleborn division that you portray is caused by muggleborns being present in magical society but not being assimilated into magical society. The magicals need to integrate the muggleborn, without de-valuing their muggle origins. This has to happen when the muggleborn are first introduced into society, and the assimilated have to be treated like all other citizens. Essentially, society has to minimalize the muggle influence on the muggleborn.

Thanks for writing!
Gundum M chapter 19 . 8/3/2014
This fic is well written, but really depressing.
ray1 chapter 19 . 3/4/2014
Your story is truly amazing. I hope that you can update soon.
captainwhiteshadow chapter 19 . 12/16/2013
Great post-war story! It kept me hooked from the start.
Terahlyanwe chapter 19 . 11/19/2013
This is heartbreaking. Wow.
captainwhiteshadow chapter 1 . 10/24/2013
Wow...wasn't expecting that ending to the first chapter. Well, I'm incredibly happy and intrigued now, so I'll keep going :)