Reviews for Of Players and Pawns
Xemtlenc chapter 1 . 3/21/2015
Yes there, there is no chance that Freddie might be interested in it after the show she gave. This is a very bad move on the part of Sam (she's smart, she should know that it will not work).
nakala chapter 1 . 3/8/2011
this was tremendously delicious to good for more words
ofgoddesses chapter 1 . 7/30/2010

i'm going to try to leave the best review i can with my mind all screwed up now. because this was probably the best oneshot i've read in a really, really long time. the relationship was bitter, maybe, but just...

but really, this was intriguing&fascinating&breathtaking&fuckingPERFECT, and i'm seriously lacking any coherent thoughts so i hope you can forgive this review. the word 'brilliant' just cannot describe this fic. i need a bigger word. just holy shit. wow. i just realized this is basically just a review full of rambling swears. forgive me.

write more. seriously. i demand you do.
D R O W N-I N-S E Q U I N S chapter 1 . 7/27/2010
I'm usually a strict Seddie fan but I prefer Seddie angst anyways and this was oh so perfect. I really really really fracking love the idea of a love... square (or a shape like that).

It's heartbreaking and deliciously bitter. I loved how honest it was, the way you layed every brutal, cruel detailed truth right out there.

It broke my heart in the best way possible, great job!
Show Me the Skyline chapter 1 . 7/26/2010
Ughh, I hate how everyone seems to like Carly more than Sam. The idea of Griffin and Sam is really good
NoctisxNiveus chapter 1 . 7/24/2010
Ringo:Just Perfect :D
i-freaking-loveyou chapter 1 . 7/21/2010
Bahaha. Yeah, you've made me like Sam/Griffin. :P

And I know how you feel. "/
Can'tBeYourSuperman chapter 1 . 6/30/2010
Zomg, I don't really review stories that often, but i just had to review this one! Don't get me wrong, i'm a devout sam/freddie, shipper, but i just clicked sam and griffin to see if any stories would come up and i found yours! i love it, and i can totally relate to what sam (and you yourself) have gone through. you have to write another chapter! or at least another griffin/sam story, because i've just fallen in love with them! 3 :) x
The Screaming Communist chapter 1 . 6/18/2010
You converted me, seriously. I like this pairing to now, but I still like Seddie best. There's something, awesome about both of those pairings, and this story. Nicely done.
NovemberDreamin chapter 1 . 6/2/2010
aw how sad :(

i always hated that, sam never gets guys that actually like her

then again, carly never stays with guys either...

but i think they should give sam a cutie for once :)

you should definitely write more, maybe a for real SamXGriffen one?

although now that i have read this i dont know how i would feel about that...
cliche catastrophe chapter 1 . 5/31/2010
Amanda chapter 1 . 5/23/2010
Okay, I officially like Sam/Griffin now. They really work.
Steampunk Beauty chapter 1 . 5/19/2010
Gah! So angsty. You know, I always thought that Sam and Griffin would've made a pretty good couple. This was so gritty, in a good way.
pearlbutton328 chapter 1 . 5/16/2010
this had me entranced with the first line. i really don't know how to do this story any justice with my review.

I... they're... I just, I really don't know. Their relationship was completely fucking, just, fucking insane and enthralling. it WAS bitter, but it didn't turn me off in the slightest. i loved this. oh god, i loved this.

the bits and pieces of dialogue (and the smoking HOT part where griffin whispered in sam's ear that carly might be curled up in the bathtub) was intense, and that's probably BECAUSE there was so little dialogue. everything was fascinating. from carly whispering "slut" to griffin scooping sam in his arms to her cry, "oh, griffin, take me now!" it read like a rapturous, quiet film- which, by the way, are the absolute best types- delightful and gut wrenching and emotions so strong that you feel like you can touch it with the tip of your fingers, taste it with every breath you take.

the imagery of them fooling around in the hall with carly and freddie as an audience, well, it was more than just arousing. it was more than anything. it made me want to fucking scream. shout, i don't know what, just. man, i'm trying so hard right now to refrain from smashing the keyboard. it was THAT good a scene.

i felt like such a voyeur, taking a peek into this fucked up relationship, yet so unashamed of it- like indulging, enclosing myself in rich silk bedsheets and looking up as sam and griffin's pseudo relationship plays out on the ceiling, washed out and grainy, filmy.

and the sad thing is, i can't even be mad at carly, just like how it seems that your sam can't stay angry with her. she's just carly. and that's just it, right? carly is just fucking carly. when can the bitch do any wrong? when does she fail? at what point in her life will even ONE person step outside of her box and oppose her? fucking carly... just carly.

the last line is a complete winner. it made me want to cry for sam, cry for the fact that she can't even fall back on freddie, that he can't even be her lifeline to pull her from this abysmal existence. he beats her at her own games, and that hurts because all she wants is the right kind of attention.

great idea for this story. i would try to write something like this, but i'm afraid that mine would be a lot less poignant and a little more violent. great execution (and i say this because it really made me feel for each person mentioned, down to freddie's exasperation of being privy to their couch make-out session, and to the confusion of the random teacher who outed griffin's presence in the school). you are SUCH a great story teller. so fantastic. my tenure on ffdotnet would not be complete without you on my list of favorite authors.

write more, you amazing person, you.
Masquerading with Shadows chapter 1 . 4/11/2010
God, this was amazing! The emotions were so raw and real, and the writing was bloody brilliant. You caught Sam perfectly, and I could really imagine her feeling like that if she was in that type of relationship with Griffin. Excellent job with the story.