Reviews for A Waiting Game
xBBx chapter 1 . 4/15/2012
Cool little ditty :)

BB
Alamo Girl chapter 1 . 4/14/2010
I was so hoping you'd written something for this subject. Especially after Peter's absolutely adorable little "I think I know what's been bothering you..." speech in the car last week. I wanted to glee about it on LJ, but haven't gotten around to it.

I love that, as always, you capture the essence of Peter and his need to keep Olivia in his life, at all costs, in one form or another. Even if it's not in the way he MOST wants, not yet, anyway.

And how awesome was it to bring up that this was longest he'd ever stuck around. So powerful a confession for Olivia to hear, yeah?

Anyway, LOVE this to bits and pieces, as usual.
jessi chapter 1 . 4/13/2010
Great story!
oranfly chapter 1 . 4/12/2010
I could totally see Peter thinking all that and it makes me feel better about him giving her that lame friends/family line. I understand they had to do it to keep us waiting and watching, but urg! Thanks for the read!
Skate-815 chapter 1 . 4/12/2010
I really like this one.

Very short and sweet. It's sort of sad that he thinks the reason she's so withdrawn is that he tried to kiss her.

Every word of it was brilliant.
killmotion chapter 1 . 4/12/2010
Oh my God. This is so perfect. Literally every word, every sentnce I was going 'Yes, yes yes!' I could quote everything but I'll just do a few.

"She's off balance and withdrawing while she tries to regain her equilibrium, and if he's not careful he could fuck this up and scare her away."

What you've written? That's exactly how I perceive how they feel at the moment. Their attraction is such an elephant in the room and Peter is very self-aware he cares deeply for her/loves her but Olivia is so not ready to admit that to herself despite not being able to sleep over the secret she carries about him (which in my eyes means she feels the same wayabout him as he does her but doesn't want to admit it to herself just yet). And how he knew when she was in the hospital, I agree on that, as well and she right when their lips almost touched in the Massive Dynamic computer room...place.

"Besides, nothing about those looks of hers say "not interested", just "not ready". He can give her the space she needs to figure out what she wants to do."

Gah! The fact that they decided they don't want to ruin their 'family unit' by not acting on their feelings...heh. Um, you two can't just stop being attracted to each other and burying your feelings will do no good in the long run.

"maybe, if the time comes when she's ready, he'll get a second chance at making his move."

Yeah! Eventually those emotions are gonna come out again, and probably stronger than before. You are going to want to take the gamble because the sexual tension will just be too much! Ahem. That's how I see it playing out anyway.
MadeOfStars chapter 1 . 4/12/2010
Short, but well written and in character. I can beleive Peter would see it this way. Good job!
CiderApples chapter 1 . 4/11/2010
Your writing is elegantly sparse...I wish I could be as utilitarian while still keeping that emotional base that you create. The way you write their thoughts is so evocative, and the mix of descriptive and informal tones felt really natural.
wjobsessed chapter 1 . 4/11/2010
Nice and succinct. Well done.
redhead88 chapter 1 . 4/11/2010
Wow, very good insight to his feelings. And I think it's really in character for him too. I actually felt like I might have been in his head. Great work, can't wait to see more!