Reviews for My Happy Ending
Guest chapter 28 . 3/8/2013
I was so touched and has tears in my eyes when Aoi gave her the dress!
BlueFlames.03 chapter 49 . 3/6/2013
This was the better story that I ever read. I love it so much. I wish that I can write like you. Congras and if possibly write another story like this

XoXo byeeeeee
goodnightdreamers chapter 49 . 3/1/2013
I just started opening FFn again, and boy I was glad I scrolled my favorite stories list and recognized your story.
Had followed this story about a year before the plagarism accident,
I remembered how devastated you were back then, but this ending of the story proved how strong you are !
Glad to finally witness the last moment of this beautiful story.
It's a 5 years worth of reading after all, and I just wanted to say thank you for sharing this amazing story with us.
I wish you good luck in your life, both as a reader and a writer.
Sayonara! :)
Zenchen chapter 49 . 2/18/2013
Please remove this story, it goes against site rules.
Random Fan chapter 49 . 2/16/2013
By far the most awesome fanfic read.
I know you won't read this but, really, best fanfic ever made. :)
onceuponaprincess16 chapter 49 . 2/16/2013
Aww! So kawai!
A job well done :D
Lady Sosostris chapter 41 . 2/8/2013
You said 'they boarded the JR line back home'. I googled what that was - your contextual knowledge about Japan is great.

The description of Natsume is creepily good. I feel that Radiohead's song, "Creep" would be appropriate for Natsume at this point.

"Natsume Hyuuga had become a mere shadow that seemed to be dead more so than alive" - I really wish I verbalise like that. That's such an eerily beautiful line. I can really see a difference between your earlier writings and this more recent writing.

"big-googoo-eyed girl": You have me chuckling like an old man in a pub.

The irony, indeed.

Oh hmm. I wonder what Natsume said to make the boys so flabbergasted.

I love your characterisation of Hotaru. She's absolutely brilliant ("but their fingerprints staining her cups displeased her, and characteristically Hotaru dismissed them all, as she knew quite well that she could probably do a better job than them.

Besides, they didn't seem to understand simple instructions such as, "Three milimetres to the left please.")
I actually skim-read all your chapters before continuing to review, and I recognised the photoalbum bit from a past chapter - you gave us a snippet of the future, which is the present you are describing now (does that make sense?). Either way, I think it's brilliant - your story is interwoven. You meticulously look at past details and employ them now.

"it was warning perhaps, she reasoned, that the memories of 2008 were not going to be shelved like a photo album, yet they were going to be revisited tomorrow at eight at Aoi's place." - my favourite line of this chapter so far.

Youichi and Aoi's relationship is really wonderful.

The omniscient Hotaru Imai strikes again!

Oh WOW. I did not expect the girls' to think that Aoi was pregnant! Chuckling like an old man again.

Okay I couldn't possible read and review when things got heavy, and boy oh boy, did things get heavy! I have to say, I loved Hotaru (your Hotaru is brilliant, seriously) - her role as Mikan's best friend is great. I know I'd be the same, if I saw my best friend in that situation, I'd make sure that she'd stay far away from the ex. But yes, Youichi is right: it's not that simple.

"I just want to this all to end."
Great, great, great, great.

This is speeding up! After two years of nothing, one night changes it all.

It's late. I'll be reading and reviewing some more as soon as I can, when I can!

I'll say now though: well done for constructing this story so beautifully. I skimmed through some of your reviews, and it seemed to me that your literary talents were completely missed by some of your reviewers (who can only comment that they love this story). I don't think they fully understand what depth My Happy Ending has.

I salute you.
Lady Sosostris chapter 40 . 2/8/2013
Hello. Remember me? I'm sorry I discontinued reviewing; I have my life to blame. Anyway, forget about me - on with my review.

(I'm doing that thing again, where I review whilst I am reading - so if this review sounds like a conversation, don't be surprised, it basically is a conversation with myself as I go along)

It's great that Aoi is doing what she loves, but your description about how, despite the fact she is doing something, feels redundant in society, especially compared to her friends is absolutely brilliant. You really zoom into real life emotions, which is so important in fiction. You don't sugarcoat things, like, "Aoi was happy as she was now designing" -, no, instead you really understand your characters. I think that's great.

Although I do have to say that all of them seem to be leading great lives, too great perhaps, after graduating from high school...I can understand Hotaru and Mikan, but where the others get money from (you only told us Aoi's financial situation)?

I suppose they did help her with her album...

Some part of me wishes they were a bit older though (like the manga!). I feel like they've achieved too much for their age. Then again, you said you were 12 when you first wrote this story, meaning there's no surprise in their young age!

Anyway.

'Aoi felt sterile and barren' - T.S. Eliot. Love that.

Thought the episode when the boys were chasing after her was hilarious. I also love the way you reconstructed their relationship, and each of their respective reactions to the changes in the other parties' life.

How Aoi must have felt when the boys told her that her brother was A, killing himself and B, obsessed with Mikan. If I were in her shoe, sirens would be wailing in my head and I'd be running around like a headless chicken.

"all of you have done exactly what the press has done after her album release. Speculation, guesswork and assumption. All done without facts and evidence." - my favourite line in this chapter so far. Wow. Something about that line...

I feel like I am reading a script to a movie. Literally on the edge of my seat.

"You should have told them the truth!" Koko uncharacteristically cried right in front of Aoi's shocked face. "You hypocrite – you lecture us how bad it is to assume, but you not telling your friends prevented them from the truth and also made it liable for them to assume things, just because you didn't tell the truth! - that's great. Mm. Yeah.

Ooh, secrets are coming out of the bag!

Can't wait to read Hotaru vs the Boys...

40 Cents! Classic.

Nice song choice. Not my usual cup of tea, but I liked it.
nerdyvictorique chapter 49 . 1/29/2013
I super like your story...very nice and good job..one of the best complete stories though...supe love
mikan10110 chapter 49 . 1/18/2013
FUUUUUUUUUUUU. :(((((( IT'S OVEEER. :OOOOOOOOOO
Buut, I love the story. :DD It's soo freaken' good. :DD
mikan10110 chapter 47 . 1/18/2013
Gooossh, it's soo good. I can't stop myself from crying since chapter 34. I look so stupid when I'm crying i nfront of my laptop. but it's still worth it. :DD
mikan10110 chapter 44 . 1/18/2013
My god. I was fucking crying while reading the story. :OO
A Humble Fan chapter 49 . 1/17/2013
After reading your previous stories, I realized you improved a lot! I love this story's structure! I love this story!
scarletjj27 chapter 49 . 1/15/2013
This story is so awsome i dont think i can read another story
Umetsuko Haruka chapter 49 . 1/2/2013
I LOVE THIS STORY! THIS IS THE BEST STORY I EVER READDDDD! .! !
2,323 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »