Reviews for Cast Your Soul
You are a gift chapter 1 . 5/7
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuussssssssssssssssssssssssssss~! •*o*•
I really loved this! It's fantasticly heartfelt and the longing is like a fucking punch in the gut, but your gonna be happy about it cause it's a gentle sin, ya know? Haha

But most of all, I'm just delighted they get the opportunity to explore their individual cultures and worlds with each other!
That was the only thing that stayed with me in a sad way from the movie, cause the finality in Ariel's separation from the sea just seemed needless when the King had the power to gift anyone fins whenever.
Like for real, I would be so down to read a whole saga of their adventures together!
But anyway I've rambled enough. Suffice to say I have a lot of feels and you put them there
So Thank you for this wonderful story!
The BritCrit chapter 1 . 11/19/2015
I'm going to begin with some minor criticism - There are some typos, especially in the early part of the story. However, that's the only problem I have with this fanfic. There's a reason why so many people have given this a "Favourite".

The idea is excellent. Like many TLM fans, I love Ariel and Eric as a couple, but I feel like they get their happy ending a bit too quickly and too easily. Having a story where Ariel and Eric continue to stay in touch for a year in spite of remaining stuck in their separate worlds ensures that they get to maintain their relationship beyond mere infatuation. The extra time they spend together emphasises the fact that Ariel and Eric are just right for each other, and makes them even more convincing as a couple.

The characterisation is perfect. The fanfic generally focuses on Eric. His selflessness and fascination with Ariel are portrayed excellently, as he gets to spend more time with her and gains a greater insight into her love of the human world. Ariel is also depicted well, trying to express her love for Eric within the ocean whilst avoiding impulsive risks (Not going to the surface in stormy weather, for instance) such as the ones she made in the movie.

I also love the description. The sentences are generally short, but manage to spell out every action and thought in a wonderfully vivid manner. It generally focuses on Ariel and Eric's feelings, and this makes it easier to connect with them and their relationship. Structuring the story around the seasons was also effective, highlighting the manner in which Ariel and Eric's relationship gets stronger as the months progress.

The ending was really sweet, with Ariel and Eric finding a compromise; Six months in his world, six months in hers, balancing Ariel's responsibilities in the underwater world with the freedom of life on the surface, and Eric's need to run his human kingdom with his desire to be part of Ariel's world (It's never easy to resist that line!). The final line, "Help me learn how to deal with this thing" finished the generally sad fanfic on a wonderfully light-hearted note.

Overall, this is a terrific fanifc, and I enjoyed reading it.
Kimco96 chapter 1 . 12/13/2013
Awww :) :) that was so cute. I loved the ending I was always wondering how she could completely give up being a mermaid. I think that you did a great job :)

Nora
HideSeekKeep chapter 1 . 2/18/2013
You were breaking my heart right up until the end. I loved your twist on the events of the story. Gorgeous work.
crazyhpcfan chapter 1 . 12/31/2012
A much better ending! Thank you!
Rosa Cotton chapter 1 . 12/17/2012
Awwww.
BreeT chapter 1 . 10/22/2011
I like it. it made me laugh
Leticia Goncalves chapter 1 . 4/14/2011
Awwwwwwwwww sweet ending 3
nuclearfallout217 chapter 1 . 1/22/2011
well done please write more of these stories i love them Ariel and Eric fanfics are the best
MikoKagome1113 chapter 1 . 8/6/2010
xD Erics statement at the end was funny! This was really good!

~Miko
poyntersally chapter 1 . 7/15/2010
I liked it a lot! It was really cute. I thought his condition would be marriage, though.
Dagger Kitsune chapter 1 . 5/19/2010
Nice little ficlet. I like the idea of Eric actually seeing Atlantica himself. I enjoyed reading about the seasons changing and how they affected the pair.

Thanks for the great read.

~Dagger
schmexuschmurf chapter 1 . 5/5/2010
I love it.
You turned the story on its head, and you managed to keep the characters more in-character than the movie. :D
It always bothered me that Ariel gave up everything to be with him. Your story has rectified the wrong of the sexes!
... have a cookie.
Tatsumaki-sama chapter 1 . 4/27/2010
I love this! For a while, I was thinking that perhaps Eric and Ariel would never be together. But then, the ending cheered me up right away. It sort of reminded me of the Greek myth of Persephone, who lives six months with her husband in Hades and then spends six months reunited with her mother.
Lala Sharada chapter 1 . 4/17/2010
Oh, I loved it! So sweet and really cute! Loved the ending, that was just perfect!