Reviews for Pain
bec chapter 15 . 12/28/2012
Loved it. Wish it did not end. I think there could have been a couple more chapters focusing on Daniel's psychological recovery, just to round it out. Ok, maybe I just like reading Danny whump and angst. But really the story was wonderful. Characters, scenes, little details really made it come alive. Great story.
magickmoons chapter 15 . 12/19/2011
Excellent story. You captured the characters so well. And the story itself was just heartbreaking.
fangirl29 chapter 15 . 6/11/2011
I don't know why I didn't receive the update that you had completed your story. Let me tell you that it was worth the wait! First, your plot was beautifully set up and the suspense of not knowing if Daniel would survive the poison, if they would get him back was nail biting! Daniel's courage under such heinous circumstances was beyond admirable, and isn't that why we love to whump on him? Your characterizations were dead on. Jack will always be the over protective leader and avenger of all wrongs done on his team :) Thank you for such a great SG-1 story. I know a lot of great fic writers have moved on from SG-1, so finding your story some time ago was a real treat for me. I appreciate all your hard work and the time you must have dedicated to such a wonderful story :) Peace, js
kamelion chapter 15 . 6/5/2011
Marvelous! Absolutely marvelous! It's been a long time since a story kept me glued from page to page. I love the subtle humor, I love the horror, I love that it happened in one day. I love the twists. I love how you wrote Sam. I love that Daniel wasn't weak. I love that Jack was stubborn and pissed but not tripping over himself, and I ADORE Teal'c's protectiveness and comfort. This story was spot-on, very well done!
Raine24 chapter 15 . 5/28/2011
So sorry to be late with this I have been away and just quickly read it on my Blackberry when it was first posted and have just now sat down to read it again more thoroughly. A little sad to see that its over - I have really enjoyed it even thought at times it was very difficult to read. I think your last chapter has summed up the story very well. Sam and Daniel are safe but as you point out 'there are some types of pain that don't go away'.

I particularly liked the beginning scene between Sam and her father (and Selmac) Jacob was one of my favorite characters and I really missed him when was 'killed' off on the show. Also I appreciate that even though the story had a very serious tone that the little touches of humor were appreciated. Only Daniel would think that a documentary on Mesopotamia was stupid.

Again thanks for such a wonderful story and hopefully you have another one up your sleeve!
Marzipan77 chapter 15 . 5/23/2011
Unbelievably great lines: "Jack turned back toward the chicken soup he was stirring with studied nonchalance, pretending that he hadn't just run from outside the bathroom door when he heard the water finally turn off, that he hadn't been checking on his friend every five minutes for the last half hour."

and, of course:

"Well, it's a stupid documentary on ancient Mesopotamia."

And then, Oh Lord, this:

So that's all it took," he said, not looking at Jack. "That's all it took for me to be . . . for them to. . . ."

Jack silently completed the thought. . . . .to make you less than nothing, to strip away everything you believed you were, to make you wish you'd never been born. It was suddenly all Jack could do to keep from putting his fist through a wall. That this could have happened to Daniel, and to Carter, that he could have let it happen. . . .

Your scene when Daniel breaks down and tells Jack about the family of prisoners, about Daniel's attempt to trick Lioss and how it backfired ... ah, my friend, there are no words for this.

This is the kind of pain that is the hardest to recover from. But Jack is strong - and he'll get them through it. That's what I took from the perfect ending of this story. A story hasn't made my throat close up and tears flood my eyes in a long, long time, Jill. Thank you thank you thank you for sharing it.

M
Marzipan77 chapter 14 . 5/23/2011
Ooooh. It's been so long that I've allowed myself to read anything (working on three in progress fics that are stalled is soo frustrating) - I'm so glad I started with this!

I cannot believe the warm, sweet feelings you've give him at the end of this chapter. After all the horrors and pain and frustration and pain we have this beautiful scene between Jack and Daniel in Jack's truck. And the unbroken trust of Daniel Jackson as he turns to his friend for solace. I love this. I truly love this. And it shows what a good writer you are to bring out a feeling like this amongst all the angst of this fic.

I promise to get the next (final!) chapter as soon as I can - hopefully later today. Sigh. This is what I want my fics to grow up to be.
mamapranayama chapter 15 . 5/22/2011
Wow! What an awesome story and you got me all kinds of verklempt at the end. Thank you so much for writing this. :)
MajorSam chapter 15 . 5/21/2011
Wowee! Spent a good chunk of yesterday and today reading this, glad that it was finally finished. What a trip you put them through! I of course would have preferred Sam be the one stuck on the planet, but ah well, it was still brilliant! Very nice flow to the whole story, and involvement from all team members in whatever capacity they could. Good use also of the other SGC members, and a new race! Well, two if you count the shmucks who caused all this trouble. Great bad guy. Love the thugs. I really could go on for a while, if I commented on every bit of the story, lol, but I'll wrap up by saying I really enjoyed it. I'm a huge fan of open endings, though they always make me go "ARGGGH!" lol. I'm working on a long fic like this, and know how much hardwork goes into them. Kudos. MSam
Noxbait chapter 15 . 5/20/2011
Oh boy! I was so excited when I saw you had a new chapter up! I've been following this for a long time and I'm very happy with how you ended it. very nice chapter and a nice intense story all around! Congratulations on finishing it...and thanks!
dpdp chapter 15 . 5/20/2011
Excellent story. Thanks. Looking forward to your next story.
KHLostEmpress chapter 15 . 5/19/2011
Well, it's over and of course I have mixed feelings about it, just because I've liked it so much and I didn't want it to end!

I think the ending really fit with everything, because this is not something the two are going to get over by the next day-it just doesn't work like that. So I thought it really worked well.

Great job on the whole thing. I thought the whole story was very good! Loved it!
Raine24 chapter 14 . 3/27/2011
Daniel's physical pain may be gone but I have a feeling the emotional kind is just beginning. Great scene between Daniel and Jack ... sad but with just a subtle hint of humor.
k8ec chapter 14 . 3/24/2011
I love the way you write your Jack/Daniel interactions, and this is no exception. Beautiful.
dpdp chapter 14 . 3/23/2011