Reviews for Modest, Too
Noble Korhedron chapter 5 . 2/11
"All that and modest, too." Modest?! YEAH, RIGHT! *rolls eyes and cracks up laughing*
Noble Korhedron chapter 4 . 2/11
F.Y.I, you forgot to mark this 'Complete'. If it IS finished, coudl you please do so?
Runecutter chapter 3 . 10/26/2013
I still like the general concepts, for example the idea to "back" the new currency on his own personal Basilisk venom source was pretty nice and failing next to all his muggle school efforts came as a surprise after this whole time of him preparing for it.
Still, i can't really say that my fervor for this story still burns as hot as when i first discovered the whole thing... the thing Tracey mentions, that he is growing hard and cold and lethal is a big problem for me. Not giving a shit is one thing, but he is growing really confrontational and brutal in his methods. No good development and i really wish he would have just kept the bank by himself until it was runnign halfway decent and then flipped them the bird to vanish to somewhere without all this stress and distraction to really build up something worth calling a life. Having to curse another moron every 2-3 weeks, fight with all the greed, corruption and prejudice and as it now turns out carrying with him so much grief and unprocessed losses with him not able to pause for a while to just let it sack in, can't be healthy, improving your sanity or even keep alive anything in the remote nature of a social life...

I mean it seems so much fun to stick it to all those ingrates and their backwards ways to rebel and let out the hogs of chaos and anarchy int heir neat little pureblood ruled world just because... but it's also not a very nice idea to think this might be all there ever can be and this will be all he will experience until some day, in about forty or fifty years one of the douchebags will finally draw faster or curse better... It's in a certain sense cute and uplifting that he cares enough about his on and off girlfriend and her closer family to still keep his promise to first care for the problems "he caused" (don#t see it that way, they elected Dumbledore and Fudge to king retard and Grand vizier, they have to take the blame for all the collateral damage caused by their selfish actions. The cheek alone Dumbledore shows when using morally absolutely unjustifiable acts and accusations against Harry to make him look like he's falling to take the dark path is indescribable and absolutely foul. Not taking any responsibility for his own fifty years of nurturing bigotry, hatred and murder in his little failed school experiment is the other side of the medal and if nobody in England seems to be able to see that they don't deserve anybody bending backwards to keep them alive and chewing.) even though over time every one of them except maybe Natalie has turned on him for selfish reasons and constantly put their own interests above his while enjoying the advantages of keeping him saving the worthless world they are used to live in. Not even Tracey who maybe put up the most effort to give him something back - and he surely won't complain about his bedfellow - is innocent of this. Most of the time for her it's only to keep her mum and sister and gran fed and happy and her whole family from being disappointed in her, but it's still putting pressure on Harry for not following or sometimes even predicting their needs and expectations... that sucks. It's nothing even close to a equal partnership, love or whatever you want to call it, it's a simple and crude exchange of needs or fuck for food when i'm allowed to be so vulgar. And she's prone to take stance against him and defend her own guys whenever there's a discrepancy... also sub optimal.

So all in all i'm not too fond of the whole atmosphere, attitude and living conditions and think burnign it down with fire and make Ron seem like the happy one still would be the more honest, fair and realistic solution. Burning himself up in the banking business to keep them alive another decade or century or millenium just to be the same breed of ignorant mouthbreathers does not seem anything "we" should support and Harry should tolerate. In other words while there might be happy scenes and good laughs in between it's more of a tragicomedy where a lot of the chuckles will stick in your throat and make you swallow or choke and i can't pretend to be a true fan of that concept ;) (That it's not just because of the writing you may see by how long i spend for reviewing the stuff ;) there was a lot keeping me interested. I'm just not in the mood to cheer and wave little flags for it as it tears me down with all the depressing thoughts. Better? :D)
Runecutter chapter 2 . 10/20/2013
To be fair... money ALWAYS is just a placeholder for direct exchange of goods and services. We always THINK gold would have an intrinsic value, but in fact that too is just a societal convention, a common understanding that it is shiny and nice to look at and more rare than demand would be for it if there were endless supplies. If at this moment gold would become undesirable for having negative effects on health, environment or other "valuables" like having an aura that dissolves jewels when they stay too long in proximity of gold, a gold standard would not be worth a wet cow fart anymore... Or if the amount in supply would multiply, then gold as a base for the economy and currency would also lose value faster than new demand can be created... (Most of earths surface gold is bound to the ocean's saltwater Making the process for distilling it out of the water workable and affordable on a pretty large scale would basically ruin gold as an investment, while it would rise in other applications like electronics where atm its use has to be carefully weighed in face of the price it draws)
Therefore "Fiat Money" is not untrustworthy as such, only if you include speculation, inflation and illicit methods of handling it like Ponzi schemes into the mix. As long as the people needing the money are convinced that every cent is covered by actual existing goods and services (through the gross national product) then it's as solid as a gold currency... the government (and private citizens) trying to pay things with money whose "safety" has not yet been produced in the form of loans and debts is what is dangerous for the economy, but then that problem is also older than papermoney, you could not see if your kingdom was indebted over both ears by looking on the coins in your purse, still the interest payments and thus taxes influenced the value and trustworthyness of your "hard cash" without being visible. Don't be mean to "fiat money". It's not worse than the original pecuniam (it's not without reason that the roman word for money and the word for a herd of cattle were the same ;) they still knew all about trading and how unhandy it can become if you need to buy your daily necessities...)

On the slightly less ranty themes... the relationship seems to be coming along nicely especially when you keep in mind how they met and what all ensued...
kffs chapter 5 . 6/16/2013
I love the stuff you write.

That's all. Nothing constructive here.
FreelanceBum chapter 1 . 6/12/2013
We will make a goblet from your skull and drink to your painful death.
Awesome line.
noylj chapter 5 . 4/22/2013
building practical skills on a basis of skeptical inquiry

Generally, from the schools I've seen and attended, this means skeptical inquiry into ideas they don't like, but still blind acceptance of what they believe.
Can;t wait for the other endings, but this Tracy still seems too shallow and never did see that her family was abusing Harry while Harry was doing his best to help them. It still seems like a bomb blast at Hoggy (maybe during the summer) and the ministry would still be the best idea.
Of course, ever since book 3, I have pushed for getting the hell out of Britain as fast as possible and never looking back.
xavierp chapter 5 . 4/20/2013
Nice story. I love that Tracey and Harry argued and fell out like real couples.

You raised something that has bothered me since reading the books: Dumbledore does nothing at all in the books. HP kills the Dark Lord and other assorted people. HP saves the school. The Light side does all the defending and dying while the Dark side has very few casualties.

In among all this, the "Greatest Wizard" does bugger all: despite all his personal, magical and political power he allows himself to be driven from the school twice. He never takes a part in actually defending the school or, seemingly, in any of the battles. He does nothing at all to combat Malfoy's power or to make the world (or even Hogwarts) better. He just sits back and expects everything to magically be all right.

So why is he considered a success? He has two things that he can b credited for: beating and jailing Grindelwald and being the only wizard Tom would think twice about before battling.
Guest chapter 3 . 4/17/2013
Haha Tapper has seen the Godfather.
NarutosBrat chapter 3 . 4/17/2013
too bad he hadn't left when he had the chance
NarutosBrat chapter 1 . 4/16/2013
Of course the stories on fanfictionauthors dot net are of high quality, look at who the bloody authors are. Out of that entire page, there are only ten authors I don't have either faved themselves, or at least one of their stories faved. It's like a feaking whose who of awesome in the harry potter genre, and the only name missing from that list of awesome is Rorschacht's Blot who doesn't seem to be posting there.

I'm curious, what happened to Hermione? From what I've read, it seems implied that she's dead, or at least gone from his life in a permanent fashion.

Is it wrong that my favorite character is Natalie? She's adorable, and so innocent, and every random comment she makes just seems to make the whole scene light hearted and silly. She kind of reminds me of that little girl from Wreck it Ralph. Yep, that part about family secrets just confirmed that she's my favorite character in this fic.

Booze, smoke, and sweat? Did Dobby get himself laid?

I see, so that clears up the Hermione question from before. Man, Ron killed Hermione? I hope that Harry did something unspeakably atrocious to him in return.
Kira Regulus Black chapter 4 . 3/28/2013
Actually, I think the hubcaps thing was referring to another currency, not galleons. 16 troy oz would weigh over a pound- and considering a pair of Omniculars costs 10 galleons, that's just not very practical. Especially if it was four inches across. Transporting the things anywhere would be impossible.

...Of course, we ARE talking about the wizarding world here, but all the same. Wizards aren't one for inconvenience.

K.R.B.
Ranmaleopard chapter 1 . 12/1/2012
The Purple Critic chapter 5 . 11/21/2012
Great read, short and sweet
Runecutter chapter 5 . 10/13/2012
I'm glad that you've found your way back around from the dark Harry that killed without a second thought! So it turned back from a story that was borderline unreadable to an interesting tale of great challenges and the answers two very intriguing persons found to counter them! I like the decision to make Tracey Davis the woman of the story as the character seems to find a way of dealing with Harry and his moods that i haven't seen in this way before, at least not exactly that way and not too often in a slightly similar extent.