Reviews for What I'm Fighting For
lara chapter 1 . 4/13/2010
well in response to carolcai this Dean girl absolutely loves Sam and understands him. Sorry to say tho Dean's getting a lot of flake from the Sam girls like yourself who have this ridiculous hatred for the character.

Unfortunately i don't like the self absorbed Sam in this fic - but as he is not the character i see on the screen - rather i see a flawed (like Dean) but noble character who is learning to be a lot less self absorbed than this fic suggests
carocali chapter 1 . 4/12/2010
You know, sometimes you just have to be bitter - and that's alright! While I dont think these words would come from Sam's mouth, he has every right to think them. And you can certainly spill them onto a page.

I"m finding I dont like Dean anymore. And I really don't like Kripke. It IS all about Dean and even when they try to make it about Sam, it's Dean's view of Sam, and I'm just tired of it. Kripke has destroyed any hope of a 'Dean girl' liking Sam again - and that makes me sick.

I think we all know the shitty things that Sam has done to Dean - we've been bludgeoned with them - but Sam has been lead down some pretty awful paths thinking he was doing the right thing. Yup, there was some selfishness there, but really what's more selfish than bringing back someone from their grave because you can't be alone? Sorry, Dean, I call foul!

Wow, I guess needed to vent as well! Thanks for the outlet!

;D

caroline
Ampanda chapter 1 . 4/12/2010
So I kinda cheated and read the reviews for this story before writing my own, and I have to say that I do not think this shows a selfish Sam. I think he is very self aware in this story, and finally mature enough to realize that not only the part he played in all of this, but also that as much as he loves Dean, his brother is like every human being is fallible.

I am really hoping to see Sam show this level of maturity in the show over the next couple of episodes, and I really applaud your depiction here, I was starting to think fans who actually like Sam were becoming an endangered species, lol.
Noninone chapter 1 . 4/12/2010
Amen, Sammy!
annebel chapter 1 . 4/12/2010
boy this is a truely selfish and self absorbed Sammy here! I mean he thinks he's so hard done by - and once again instead of accepting the blame for his own actions - he's foisting it onto Dean - Dean broke the first seal, its deans fault too, and in fact its all Deans fault coz he brought me back from the dead. Oh and Dean's so stupid to believe what he saw in heaven - i mean its not like Sam ever gave him any reason to think its true ... oh like running away both as a child and then late in series 1 and 2 and 5.

Fortunately i have a higher opinion of Sam ... and Dean than is presented in this story
emmau chapter 1 . 4/12/2010
Poor Sam. Dean is terrible. Doesn't he realize it's all about Sam? How dare he not think of Sam first in the middle of his emotional break down?

I'm sorry for the sarcasm, but it's kind of painful to read this level of self-absorbtion from Sam. I would hope he could see the parallels between last year and this year. Sam became so entangled in saving the world he lost sight of everything else-just like Dean is doing now. He sees Michael as the only chance. Does that make it right? No. Does Dean need think about what he's doing to his brother, his family? Yes, absolutely-just like Sam did last year.

The boys have both had their low points. Now it's Dean's turn to need Sam, and I want to see Sam be the strong one, not running over his list of how Dean has done him wrong.
EternalEccentric chapter 1 . 4/12/2010
Holy crap...you just got Sammy in a nutshell right there sweetie...it's just, major thumbs-up ya' know.

The last few episodes have been pissing me off too, it's not acting ro storyline overall, it's more the fact that Kripke said "this season's about bring the boys together again" and all I see is Sammy trying and Dean being an ass :(

Seriously though, this is brilliant, I'm favin' it,

Jess :)

(sorry about the shitly birthday, those always suck :()
cristinaarmoahotmail.com chapter 1 . 4/11/2010
good job, poor sammy, he is alone, he need to dean , big bro. Hug Casammy