Reviews for Help From an Unexpected Source
Katamabob chapter 1 . 1/19/2011
O_o Oh dear. Feel quite sorry for Peter in this... Stupid Snape, being nice! Not really, stupid friends for being mean... But this makes me so sad for what could have been. Peter is a very weak person, but he was also very overlooked. *sigh* Sad.

Very well written. Clever that such an innocuous-seeming moment could hold such foreboding to anyone who knows what is to be. Brilliant.

Kate
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 1/16/2011
Of course Remus is going to be revolted-how dare Peter be grateful to a slimy Slytherin.

Poor Peter. The other Marauders are not his friends; they just don't think Peter understands that yet.
Paper Pearls chapter 1 . 9/22/2010
That was a wonderful insight into the relationship between the Marauders and also the mind of Peter Pettigrew, a character you presented as a believable teenage boy. The dynamic between him and Remus was particularly realistic and his interaction with Severus was intriguing to say the least. I liked the idea that the brief bond their similar experiences of childhood created transcended house loyalties. And the line "wank off" made me laugh. Great job!
with the monsters chapter 1 . 8/29/2010
I loved this, it was a great look at the Marauders and Peter and just everyone. I think you had them all greatly in-character, and I really enjoyed it!
SmileAndConfusePeople chapter 1 . 8/19/2010
Maybe Snape helping Peter was the opening for him to become aligned with him (as friends is a bit too strong for their type of... aquantence).
mackgirl chapter 1 . 6/18/2010
I really enjoyed this. I like how Snape helps Peter, and I have a feeling this is what leads to Peter betraying the Potters. Espicially the last at the end with Remus. Great story.
Titania Took chapter 1 . 6/13/2010
This was awesome! I loved the way you wrote the characters and their interactions, and how we got to see peter's first step on his path to becoming a Death Eater, which most definitely was not explained in the book. Great work! :)
GrimmauldPhoenix chapter 1 . 5/7/2010
A nice insight into what could have caused Peter's betrayal in later years! Enjoyed it!
Scabbers1957 chapter 1 . 4/26/2010
And so it begins, all because Snap showed a bit of humanity to Peter

Julia Claire chapter 1 . 4/23/2010
Oh, I liked this. Loved how you wrote all of the Mauraders, especially Peter, whose normally only characterized as stupid. I also liked the way Snape helped Peter because of their fathers and the ending was great as well.
Free Dreamer Night Writer chapter 1 . 4/19/2010
They're are so few really good Peter-centric stories on and this is one of them. I didn't particularly like your James or Sirius, they didn't really come across as Peters friends unlike Remus but I really enjoyed reading this anyway. Snape really surprised me by helping Peter but then I guess that's what the title implies.
Il'Diko chapter 1 . 4/18/2010
Great piece. The characterization of them is spot on, it's the Marauders, how I see them. And it just strengthened my decision to read your marauders /Remus/ fic, I'm very curious how you write them. (Though the reading itself may come a bit later... right now RL demands all my time).

Thanks for sharing.
Sara Winters chapter 1 . 4/12/2010
Unselfish. I admit, I'd be a little suspicious too. Especially given the history of their groups of friends. I suppose everyone has their moments when sympathy outweighs petty differences. And can't we all unite against difficult parents?
respitechristopher chapter 1 . 4/12/2010
The ending is haunting, and the story's flow is brilliant (laugh, problematic, resolution, more laugh, oh shit moment), but what really struck me was the Marauders' characterizations. You've got teenage boys nailed in a way that so very few who've never been teenage boys ever do. The language, so blithely coarse and so effortlessly vulgar, is just perfect. Loved it - much, much fun was had reading this story.
xabandonedaccountx chapter 1 . 4/12/2010
Hmm, the ending kinda set Peter up for becoming a Death Eater, at least that's what I saw anyway.

I liked how you made Peter a nice guy, there are so few stories about him that actually portray him as a loyal, genuine friend before joining Voldemort and now theres one more. Fantastic!