Reviews for The Private Eyes of Tendo Nabiki
James Birdsong chapter 1 . 1/21/2013
Obviously excellent
pspinler chapter 1 . 4/19/2010
Quite interesting. The Master Li quote at the beginning was a bit misleading - it left me expecting a Master Li style supernatural mystery instead of a Holmes style mundane one. Nontheless I enjoyed it.

Thanks, and please continue,

- Pat
Taechunsa chapter 1 . 4/13/2010
I loved this story.

We need more Ranma/Akane stories that don't revolve around their relationship. This was a good example of exactly the type of story we need. Yeah, Ranma and Akane get married. But, that isn't the main point of the story. The main point is the mystery.

My biggest complaint with this story was the ease with which it was solved. There was none of the misdirection or incorrect guessing. There was none of the interviewing or lying that are typical of this type of story. Nabiki walks into Kodachi's room, sends out a few people to verify her assumptions, they come back and verify it. Case closed. Entertaining, but not completely fulfilling. We were never really given a chance to try and figure it out for ourselves.

Also, we never got to see Akane in action. What was the point of having a bodyguard if one wasn't needed? With a longer drawn out process Mikado could have had a chance to feel Nabiki closing in on him and try to take her out before she discovered the truth. Thus allowing Akane to serve a bodyguarding purpose.

That aside. I am glad that you wrote this. We really need more of these types of stories in the Ranma fandom.
asda chapter 1 . 4/12/2010
This was a very interesting story.
Pu7o chapter 1 . 4/12/2010
Heh, this looks like something straight out of Detective Conan, only with Ranma characters. Pretty neat.
Bassneo chapter 1 . 4/12/2010
Have to admit, this was definetly an interesting take on using Nabiki's intelligence for something useful, as opposed to all the fics out there where she's relegated to blackmailing everyone she can. Looking forward to more of these, if you'll post them.
Silent fan chapter 1 . 4/12/2010
Nabiki as a detective. Not the first time I've seen that. I saw a more "within" the canon story dealing with her doing the detective stuff about nine or more years ago in this site, I think it was called "The Nabiki mystery" or "Nabiki's mystery adventure" but it's been years since I've read it, so I might be wrong.

Anyway, your story is more on the dramatic side of things while the other story was more of a humorous little one shot, so the similarity is only on how Nabiki is used and how Kuno is the trigger for the action.

Your story is good, a nice read and it is based on a good idea, but the concept of detective Nabiki is not as original as you might think.