Reviews for The Train Is Not A Metaphor
Maiko Chinatsu chapter 1 . 8/21/2013
OOps, forgot I wasn't logged in when I wrote you my review.
I mean it though, if the story is discontinued, please write me an pm and tell me where you meant to take this story. I MUST REGAIN PEACE OF MIND!
Guest chapter 6 . 8/21/2013
OMG! I can't tell you how much I've loved reading this story! It's so unexpected and I have a very hard time figuring out where it goes next. Whenever I think I have it, the story turns and leaves me picking up the new bits of information and trying to piece them with the old and the cycle starts again.
It's been a while since you updated this story, and I hope you'll continue it. But if not, pls tell me the rest of the plot line. I MUST KNOW!
Viraaja chapter 1 . 12/2/2012
Oh god. I have only read the first chapter so far and already...guh. What are the chances of you updating within, oh, the next hour?

3 3 3
me chapter 6 . 1/24/2012
Wow... Just... I don't know how to describe this. I don't know what to think of this. I don't know whether I like it or not, whether I find it believable or not. But I do know, though, that you absolutely must must must update. Got it? Good. Now, go, update, NOW!
tokyoblackbird chapter 1 . 12/17/2011
ooh interesting idea Mello is such a badass 3
XJhoker chapter 6 . 11/29/2011
Wow, I wish my english was better so this review could express at least a little of everything your fanfic had made me feel so far.

I have no words, it's amazing, the way you describe, develop the plot and how you made it all interesting without over-explaining unnecessary details.

This fic must be one of the bests I've ever read... and trust me, I've read quite a lot... too much I would say xD

By the way, you pointed out before that you found it hard to stick to plans, well, maybe that's not a weak spot of yours, but one that allows you to come up with other ways to leave us all -your readers- amazed 3

Hope this review makes sense anyway xD, and so on, that you'll upload next chapter soon.!

Keep on with this incredible story
Raxacoricosupercalifragilicio chapter 6 . 9/16/2011
WHO IS THAT? It sounds so creepy! And sort of like L. Oh god, did L really trick Mello or something? I knew he was slightly evil but not this much! It's not L though, is it? My brain hurts. Is it the Shinigami King? Or Light? Oh, wait no, please don't be Light. God. You twist my mind and reduce it to nothingness. Update soon, hmm? It's not nice to keep readers on their toes for too long XD
phollie chapter 6 . 3/2/2011
.. BIALY.

Bialy...

...-can't breathe-...

You, my love, have officially ruined my heart. It's all shredded up into red strips on the carpet now, because god dammit, this chapter was almost too much for it to handle.

And I mean that in the sense that you've literally reshaped my views on L. Completely. And it's wonderful, because THIS IS L. This is the darkness, this is the bitterness, this is the tongue-in-cheekness, this is the unbridled yet ever so controlled deviousness that so many people overlook in his character, to the point where he's just reduced to this cutesy little insomniac that epitomizes justice.

But no, NO, THAT'S not L. I really believe that. L is not justice; fuck, L isn't even goodness in itself. He's a liar and a cheater and perhaps far more terrifying than Light could have ever dreamed to, far more groundbreaking in his cold brilliance, and you've shown that here so efficiently that I think I might just DIE DIE DIE.

And what is even more bizarre and beautiful about this is that it…it makes me like him even more. O_O It makes me hate him, which by default makes me love him. This selfishness, this vicious blackness that you’ve kept so guarded in this story up until this point has truly made for a breathtaking milestone, not only in the plot, but in the characters and how they connect with each other. L having been within Matt before his death was a genius addition as well.

My heart is bleeding out for Mello right now. I’m terrified of what might befall him, what with this plot twist of epic proportions looming over his head. And the fact that L is his idol, his wall, his hope, and this is what’s been going on beneath the surface of everything is honestly one of the most heartbreaking things I’ve ever read. You know how I feel about Mello and his tragedy. The guy just can’t get a break, not even in death.

But that’s what’s making this story so incredible. You’re making my heart twist and thrash and melt all at the same time. I didn’t think it was possible for me to feel for Mello even more than I already do – surely, I thought, any more aching for him would just turn me inside out – but, of course, it was you that would manage to do just that. And I’m glad it was you. It wouldn’t be right if it were anyone else but you. 3

And as promised, my fingertips are sore.
infinityphoenix chapter 6 . 3/2/2011
Things are getting interesting. Was that really L? It sounds like him, but I this funny feeling that you're trying to mislead me... hmm... I considered for a moment that it might be Light, but he's still alive at this point if time doesn't work differently. Maybe some other letter from Whammy's House. It will probably end up being L anyways, I'm probably just overthinking things, aren't I? The way things sound like, L is trying to get revenge... or maybe he's just using Ryuk for something else.
Middle-Earth Muggle chapter 5 . 2/28/2011
RAAAAH *screams in circles* It's uuuupdated!

Have I told you how much I absolutely /love/ your writing? And this is definitely one of my favorites of yours. I've read a few other fics focusing on the concept of after-death, and I think this one really nailed it- just the way you've built on the given characters to create this, this /perfect hell/, so to speak: tailored to the characters in ways that you wouldn't expect. It's different from the generic fanon- not that the canon gives you much to go on. And it's really original too; not just in that aspect but in the way you've set up the trials and the simple geography of the place. It's wonderful, all of it.

Don't you ever, /ever/ stop writing.

-Trivia
Blinky the Tree Frog chapter 5 . 2/26/2011
Hey, you're continuing this! That's awesome! I love the concept, and the characterisation is totally on point. I'm intrigued to see where it goes!
infinityphoenix chapter 5 . 2/26/2011
Intriguing. I wonder what happens next. Take your time, but don't take to long, please. The suspense is killing me.
scrambled-eggs-at-midnight chapter 5 . 2/26/2011
Oo, you have no idea how happy I am that thi is updating again. :3

Your characterization is brilliant, as is your writing style. I absolutely adored the chapter with BB, since you wrote him so well. And Ryuk is wonderful. Excellent job on this story. I'm practically bouncing from excitement right now. :D

-Eggy
sdfgsdfg chapter 4 . 8/16/2010
UPDATE PLEASE!
feralhand chapter 4 . 8/3/2010
This fic is kind of crazy and out of left field, but it's awesome. Or maybe that should be "and it's awesome." Anyway, I hope it's updated again some day! (Cos' this review is just as belated as the one it follows.) Or I'll always wonder if L was waiting for Raito. Or.. Near, or Wammy, or... someone else. ;]

Maybe it's because I *just* read the L - Wammy's House manga, but I love your Mello's description of L. A lot of people humanize L in their stories, and here you've gone and done the opposite. Of course, this may just be a side effect of humanizing Mello, but whatever! It's all great.

"...as the heat of Beyond is send skidding into the darkness." Especially that.