Reviews for Breakable
Jemennuie chapter 1 . 8/24/2010
Interesting drabble, because it makes me wonder whether Bellatrix is trying to protect Andromeda or just protect her own reputation.
Inkfire chapter 1 . 4/13/2010
I loved this so much hunni!
Victory87 chapter 1 . 4/13/2010
Very good fic! And a good choice of song ;)

Great work!
Jacalyn Hyde chapter 1 . 4/12/2010
I like this. I like this a lot, actually. Just the emphasis of how fragile human beings are. (It might help my case that I'm currently obsessed with the Saw films.) But what is unspoken still comes into play: the emotional frailty. And that's even more interesting.

"The next morning"... was that a typo meant to be "one morning" or something? Just saying "the next morning" as the very first line feels like jumping in during the middle of the story. If that is the case, i wonder what happened the day before... if that's wrong, don't worry about typos, i have several in my stories and never manage to spot them until after publishing...

I love the second paragraph for several reasons: the somehow amusing resent behind "half-blood daughter with a stupid name", Bella trying to protect the Malfoys from this news as long as possible, the fact that Rodolphus stands up to her...

I also like that she considered killing- or, at least, harming him - but stopped, because the real point was her ability to do so, emphasizing the physical and emotional limits. The lyrics: perfect. Well done. Love.
SKINNYxLOVE chapter 1 . 4/12/2010
Hmm... very interesting. Makes you think a bit. I like it. D
Xx starlight-moon xX chapter 1 . 4/12/2010
I love this! I'll have to look up the song, because the lyrics are quite intruiging and I've never heard it.

"The next morning" makes me wonder - after what? The morning after their marriage? The morning after they sleep together for the first time? The morning after an abortion or miscarriage? It seems as though something significant happened, though it isn't clear what. And for Bella to reflect on her own weakness like this makes me wonder.

"Later, Rodolphus tells her that her blood traitor ex-sister now has a half-blood daughter with a stupid name."

Haha. I love the almost childish way that sentence is structured - it seems so Bella, somehow, so "I-really-don't-care-no-not-at-all". It makes me laugh, her affected indifference, as sad as it is. The equally childish way she can't help but comment on the name being "stupid" made me laugh too. :)

Nice work! xD
Hecate's Wrath chapter 1 . 4/12/2010
It...kind of completes my life that you wrote a drabble centered around Ingrid Michaelson's Breakable.

I love this. I love that you capture so much in so few words and I love the "Bella" and she stops at the end. So, so perfect. Kudos.