Reviews for Sister
Eyghon chapter 1 . 3/31/2012
Poor Dawnie. Sweet ending. Loved the story! Thanks.
Dattebayo Luna and Ginny chapter 1 . 1/31/2012
This brought tears to my eyes
blue talith chapter 1 . 5/23/2011
Interesting take on this situation and I like coalitiongirl for coming up with it!
Pixlet chapter 1 . 3/5/2011
So sad, yet it's still a positive ending... kinda
NCISMcAbbyISthebest chapter 1 . 2/25/2011
Wow, great story! You wrote it really well.
Laby Anne Boleyn chapter 1 . 12/26/2010
I like the original of this story; I think it could be work out into a longer version but I like it very much. great job.
applemysteries chapter 1 . 7/25/2010
This story was beautifully written, and describes the Buffy Dawn relationship in season six really well. Terrific Job! :)
squaredplanet chapter 1 . 6/23/2010
wow, this is really good. never thought about it that way but that makes so much sense. buffy coming back the way she was supposed to be. lol you'd think joss would come up with something like this

good job!

wish you would continue tho
Music of the wind chapter 1 . 4/13/2010
That is so sad! Keep writing!
SennaFan4ever chapter 1 . 4/13/2010
Hi! This story was really good! You wrote both of them really well! I really enjoyed it!
Jeremy Shane chapter 1 . 4/13/2010
good chapter & more please
Tru chapter 1 . 4/13/2010
Amazing story, really. Gives Dawn, a new side, that I have never really seen. It's a bit dark, but wonderfully written, I've read it twice, and I absolutely love it! Also, props on writing from Dawn's perspective, very unique.
coalitiongirl chapter 1 . 4/12/2010
I'll respond here, though I ask that if you wish to respond again, please take it to my livejournal (coalitiongirl dot livejournal dot com), where I allow anonymous posting, so that this doesn't become a forum in an area meant for reviews.

(Many non-users of this site will sign their names as an email address so writers can respond, good or bad. I'm in the habit of responding to reviews, and it is a pain that on this site, unsigned reviews can't get a reply.)

Everything was clear, again, because she KNEW Dawn. Put yourself in her shoes. Imagine if you had memories of Dawn, of her being your sister. Now imagine that those were stripped away, and suddenly all you remember is that this person you loved was never actually there, that it was all a lie. You may have known it technically before then, but you didn't really understand it until those memories were gone. Suddenly, that girl is a fake, a lie, and everything you gave up means so much less. Mix in a depressed, numb S6 Buffy and then what? You've got a Buffy who's detached from Dawn, and it builds up until the eventual explosion. Important to remember also is that this is completely from Dawn's POV, and this is how she perceives the situation. For example, while Buffy might see herself trying to accept Dawn back into the fold as a good thing, Dawn suspects that it's for selfish reasons.

A flame is a negative review that doesn't contain constructive criticism, so yes, technically your review was a flame. I have no problem with these (it's a lot easier to delete an anonymous review than to take the time to write a response), but I reserve the right, as all writers do, to defend my fic. :D
amy chapter 1 . 4/12/2010
um dawn didn't 'destroy' her life.

have you even watched buffy?

She said everything was CLEAR when she was on that tower.

She KNEW it was her time, that has nothing to do with Dawn.

Dawn didn't "destroy" her life.

Her friends did, by bringing her back from heaven.

Her death wasn't what her problem was, being alive again was her problem,

which had nothing to do with Dawn.

By the way: I don't have an FF account. i don't write so it would be pointless for me to have one.

doesn't make me 'scared' just because there's not a place for you to 'reply back'.

and i wasn't flaming you LOL. i was just saying it's extremely OOC for buffy to say those things to dawn.

sorry you can't take it when you someone gives you an honest review.
coalitiongirl chapter 1 . 4/12/2010
Responding here because...sigh. If you're going to take the time to flame the fic, at least give me a place to respond to you...

Anyway, this isn't about Buffy and Dawn, best sisters 4eva! This is a fic about Buffy and the girl she remembers only as a stranger who was welcomed into her home as family, but now she truly remembers that she isn't. It's easy to call someone sister when you have all these false, convenient memories of her- but when they're gone, all she is is the girl who destroyed your life.

And I don't think that anyone can make a case for the rest of Buffy's characterization as being out of character for Season 6. :D

If you want to discuss this further, feel free to PM me. I don't bite. :P