Reviews for Chuck vs the Watch
Go-Chuck-Go chapter 17 . 10/24
Good story...but like appears to have been waiting for an update by a few years! Nice to see your writing again. You did a good job of describing Sarah's conflict.
tut1971 chapter 17 . 1/9
I know it's rather pointless to review/critique a story that hasn't been updated in over 3 1/2 years but after reading all the stories in this series (as well as MI6) I just felt I needed to say something. I haven't seen much better writing from the standpoint of structure, grammar and dialogue, and to a good extent pacing. It really is in the top 5-7% of the Chuck fandom so that is to be applauded. That said some of the plotting leaves something to be desired and for the most part the characterizations are just horrible. Especially and most notably Sarah.

This series claims to be an AU extension of season one. However, it draws on the full season one as canon so it is to be expected that the characters follow the personality characterizations that were brought forth by that season. They don't. Sarah Walker in season one was characterized as an efficient and deadly CIA operative with a good heart beating beneath the surface. The Sarah Walker of the first two stories in this series (coincidentally enough the two stories that take place DURING the canon season one) gives us a fair representation of the agent and the woman she is struggling to become. It is not great but the signs are there. It is in the third and fourth stories, which show the woman trying to overcome the agent , where the horrible characterization really begins to take effect. In the third story we have Sarah the Agent working with Bryce and being as professionally skilled and proficient as she is shown to us in canon but the minute she gets back to Burbank and then in the fourth story as Sarah the Woman also needs to make her presence felt, the Agent begins to act like a first year trainee in many ways. As the woman struggles to find herself it most certainly does not mean that the agent must lose herself but there are far too many examples of just poor skill and judgement that occur for no good story reason. Perhaps it was the intent of the author to suggest that the two could not coincide but if so it is a ridiculous assumption to make. Too many authors on this site take the show's absurd stance about emotions and just go WAY beyond overboard with it. Practically EVERY active CIA agent in reality has a family and friends, even the DEEP cover ones. It's fine if a writer wants to keep their universe in tune with the shows but please don't rip it to shreds and make it unrecognizable. As bad as things were in those stories it is this last tale where it just drops of the deep end or ridiculous and falls into the pool of absurd. Others have gone into great detail about just how OOC the whole kill order scenario and explanation is, not just for canon but also for the woman the author has crafted previous to chapter 13 of this story so I will not expand too much on that. But I do have a thing or two to say.

By the very definition of the word Sarah Walker is NOT a sociopath. There are FAR TOO MANY examples even in just the stories of this series of a woman who:

1) care
2) feels
3) loves (even if she doesn't quite know it)

None of those things are possible with a true sociopath. Now while it may be true that a person with sociopathic tendencies could and possibly would make for a good agent a true sociopath most certainly would not. They would be too much of a unknown to ever be trusted. It cannot even be truly said that Sarah has those tendencies, doing what is necessary does not make one a sociopath. So with that said there is absolutely no way in ANY universe that the Sarah Walker as presented in season one canon and the sum of this series up to chapter 13 would for more than a micro moment consider killing Chuck. This probabilities exercise presented in this chapter as reason of explanation is nearly as absurd as the premise of her accepting the kill order. It presents only one side of the discussion and as such Chuck should have dismissed it out of hand as completely flawed. It does not good to present the exercise as the reason to accept the order (the greater good, needs of the many, blah, blah, blah) without recognizing that NOT accepting the order may present the exact opposite outcome for entirely different reasons. Killing him simply because the numbers dictate that should he be captured A or B might be killed and C might happen without at the same time recognizing that if he is killed and not bunkered/protected or even the government just do their damn job and keep the status quo D or E might fail resulting in F or G being killed and H might happen it is EXTREMELY short sighted and ignorant. No one at the head of any intelligence agency is going to issue a terminate on sight order (let's just ignore the fact for now that to do so is illegal) for an American citizen who has access to information that can continue to save lives and positively impact the American way of life without knowing with absolute certainty that that same information will definitively and negatively impact the same. It won't. Virtually everything in Chuck's head that could be used against the US could be negated by simply changing things. Whether it be launch codes, agents in cover or prisoners in deep dark cells, long running black ops or simply documents not wanted to see light of day, anything can be changed, removed, or spun to remove the devastating effect. The government in power has the power to affect change. The rogue organization does not have the power, even with the Intersect, to stop it. The sheer number of lives that CAN be saved by having the Intersect alive and functioning on the side of the US dwarfs that of the lives that MAY be lost by having the Intersect taken by the enemy. The enemy has always killed, always plotted, always destroyed. All the Intersect will do is allow them to do so quicker and maybe more efficiently. The scale will not change. Any exercise done to show why needs to also be done to show why not. Any first year recruit from any Ivy league quality school would question this and not accept the BS answer that was presented in the final chapter.

I have read a LOT of stories on this site but I don't think I've ever read ones that were as well written in so many different ways but as completely failing in the end as these. I can't say that I am upset that this story wasn't finished. I doubt it would have been any better.
knightrid3r chapter 17 . 11/17/2014
Yeah sorry but even though you portrayed Sarah pretty well until the last few chapters, I still think that this is something Sarah from the show wouldn't do past like the fourth or fifth episode. And once Chuck was heading to a bunker we were certain Sarah would never let Chuck go to a bunker let alone be killed (and on top of that do it herself). I would have been fine with it if your whole story was about her playing him and while this series had a lot of instances where she acted that way around him sometimes you always showed her true feelings when she was by herself. So I'm sorry but the last three chapters kind of ruined this series for me because of how Sarah did not resemble her character throughout the rest of the story one bit. And again if you portrayed her as a heartless bitch the whole time I would be fine with it.

As a side note no way in hell I am trusting her after discovering the watch but I'm especially not trusting/forgiving her after almost killing me. After that even though she didn't my feelings for her would be pretty much 100% gone.
knightrid3r chapter 15 . 11/17/2014
Ok sorry but this chapter is completely out of character from the other parts of the story and also the show. If she was ready to shoot longshore and go on the run to stop Chuck from going to a bunker, I'm pretty sure she wouldn't kill him. And she was so torn up in the other chapters of the story and now all of a sudden she is ready to kill him? I'm sorry but I just don't buy it. Not the way you've written her or she show has written her.

And on another note if I were Chuck no way in hell would I trust her after finding the kill switch in the watch let alone trust her after this display. Frankly after this chapter I think that she is kind of a terrible human being, if she can even be called that anymore.
Guest chapter 3 . 11/4/2014
This story isn't making much sense so far
MissMonk chapter 17 . 8/6/2014
I love the world you've created within S1 of the show. It fits nicely with what had been done and created around it making everything plausable. I quite enjoyed reading these stories and I'm very upset that sadly you didn't continue. I'm at a loss! what happens next? Does he win? is he safe. I'm glad you at least got Chuck and Sarah back together that was a load off my mind at least.
Grayroc chapter 17 . 7/26/2014
I am a late comer to fanfiction. You have caught the essential duality that is Sarah. The original writers of the series must have enjoyed the ability to make her this girlfriend in love with Chuck and then in the next scene a cold blooded killer . In a real person the immense struggle would be waged in their psyche. Nice piece of writing
lockdale23 chapter 17 . 6/19/2014
I see it's been a while but I hope you will continue this story.
Rab chapter 17 . 6/10/2014
This is a great read. I like how you put the conflict into Sarah on wanting to carry out the order...the only thing I disagree with is getting busy in the sheets so quickly afterward. Chuck is really much more of a mental giant in that respect. He is let down because he trusted her but he knew he had to trust someone. He obviously had a fair amount of people stiched up...Also if Sarah was actually contemplating completing the mission on terminating him she would have notified someone about the placement of the missing asset...One slight oversight so in retrospect they should both be dead and where is Casey?
The Queen's Fabler chapter 17 . 2/19/2014
This is a fantastic story. I love the twists and turns that has a reader keep guessing. I know that it has been quite a while since you updated, but I hope you will decide to continue the story. It is just too fantastic to leave it half done.
Baby Huey chapter 17 . 1/13/2014
it has now been two and a half years. are you ever going to give us that next chapter? Just because the show is over does not mean that you have to stop writing Chuck fan-fiction.
SpeedyTheMouse chapter 17 . 4/10/2013
Well, obviously I loved the story! Keep up the great work! (I know this review isn't very constructive but I like to give credit where it's due :) )
thisisgreat chapter 17 . 3/25/2013
Nice job! It was really great. I enjoyed the ride, but please please please update soon!
JLJMc chapter 17 . 1/4/2013
This is a satisfying conclusion - I can only imagine that Chuck & Sarah have gone on to defeat Fulcrum. Hope Casey's ok in the future! Nicely done! ;)
JLJMc chapter 12 . 1/4/2013
Really loving this Chuck on the run story! However, also concerned at the fact that I'm 2/3 in to a story not marked 'complete' with the last update 1.5 years ago! ;) Sigh. Looking forward to seeing how far it gets, nonetheless!