Reviews for The Art of Regeneration
MarisPallitax chapter 1 . 4/18/2010
Aw! I love Matt Smith!
MontyPythonFan chapter 1 . 4/17/2010
Loved it :-)

I like the similarities too - but love the differences. This series is gonna be a good'un dont you think?

Jess

x
Space Foxes chapter 1 . 4/14/2010
Aw!

_

I love it!
Whirlwind421 chapter 1 . 4/13/2010
Great story! I like the comparison. Amy is a good companion.
Kendrix chapter 1 . 4/13/2010
First off, I'm happy that you tried writing some Eleven, because I love him so much!

But I gotta say that your writing felt a little too much like Ten. Well, I guess you have been writing FFs of him for the last years, and two episodes might not be 'enough' to get the 'feel' of Eleven, expecially if you're one of those who kind of grew up with everyone's favourite walking pole. - too much introspection, you see, we hardly get shown what lies beyond Eleven's pretty eyes - he rambles a lot, like his predecessor, but he doesn't just blurt out his thoughts, they're already 'processed' when they leave his mouth (For example, Ten wouldn't just spit out some blatant lies as a strategy to introduce Amy into his Art), and Amy also seems too much like Rose - she's not so much the 'deep emotional conversations'-Type, I missed her wit, defiance and evil-ish streak in this, as well as her very prominent inner Child - she sounds to "girlfriend-y" not as "accomplice-y" as Amy normaly is... She is not the person to be secretly scared of risky decisions - They're both reckless adventurers and some kind of dreamers with their very own opinions and 'strage traits' There's not so much protectiveness in their Relationship (The Doctor would unleash eternal warath on anyone who would touch Rose - and vice versa. But there was a 'mysterious' distance between them - In Amy's case, it's not 'protectiveness' but more some sort of 'taking matters in her own hands' she's not half the 'pure heroine' that Rose doesn't rely on "good influece" or "teh power of love", he doesn't try to 'change him' or 'domesticate' him in any way- she sees him through as he is. She is ware of the fact that he's lonely, but she doesn't feel that she has to 'take care of him' like Rose does - For Amy, he's the object of her fascination. Compare the reconciling of Amy and the Doctor in "the beast below" tto how him and Rose reconcile after *their* first 'real' fit in "Father's Day". (And that was still Nine back then - Nine would show it when he's pissed, Ten... had way more "break the Cutie" potential, which pushed Rose further into her 'caring girlfriend' position)Rose had that 'epicness' about her, like she's a hidden jewel of some sorts - the shopgirl that became the bad wolf. Amy's more the "badass normal" with the Doctor bing the "magical girlfriend (well, boyfriend)" in their relationship.*tries her best to characterize the differences between Rose and Amy*

I Guess you're more likely to read similarities into things when you're looking for them and I can kind of understand you as the "team mechanics" work quite a little differently in the "new new series" XD If you were to compare Amy to someone from the RTD-era, I't be Lady Christina, perhaps with the tiniest little bit of Peri/Sixth-Doctor-relationship-flavoured spice. The closest thing to Rose or Donna in Series 5 is most likely River Song (She had quite of a motherly personality in Silence in the Library/Forest of the Dead, but the trailer also showed her kicking some ass)

Still, I see where your difficulties come from and it's quite nice to see that you tried at writing wa FF of what I believe to be the awesomest Doctor/companion combination ever. I hope my comment will help you improving.