Reviews for The Fourth Wall in the Room
CloudyDream chapter 1 . 1/24/2013
that's so fucking amazing. you just blew my mind
DecepticonDefenestrater chapter 3 . 11/26/2012
This is disturbing. Awesome but disturbing. It's so good I don't know how to describe it. You have succeeded in doing what most authors never can amazing me to the point of struggling for words.
HowlynMad chapter 3 . 3/15/2012
Oddly disturbing that the characters would come to realize that they are only characters... and what are we?
R.Noseworthy chapter 3 . 5/15/2011
This may very possibly be the single most awesome thing I have ever read.
Lexical Item chapter 3 . 1/10/2011
This piece was brilliant. The premise was amazing and the execution was even better.

It makes perfect sense to have the Joker being the sort of individual who would recognise the inconsistencies of a comic-based world. At the same time, there's this great element of double-think: he is the sort of individual who would see it because of the way he was written within the comic itself. Ha.

Furthermore, your writing style suits the content so well. Writing this as horror was inspired. While I could see this revelation as the basis of a humorous fic, this was an infinitely better idea. Finding yourself in a false world where your actions are basically determined and your memory is inconsistent would be quite horrific.

Your use of language is wonderfully expressive and stilted in a way that contributes to the tone without becoming the least bit awkward. You have an exceptional turn of phrase and your chapter titles are great. Your spelling and grammar are also impeccable.
thin white duke of death chapter 3 . 11/22/2010
awesome.
Viviane Renard chapter 3 . 8/9/2010
I love how you screw with the characters, forcing them to face the reality that they really are just lines and ink. You write their dual existence really well. And I love the Joker's special breed of insanity! (In the case of fourth walls, it makes him saner than half the cast). Keep up the amazing writing!
Viviane Renard chapter 1 . 8/9/2010
"From each according to ability, to each according to need."

An Ayn Rand comment, NICE.

I love how you're breaking down the fourth wall with the Joker. It really puts a twist on how the characters (and we) perceive their world. Well, onward to the next chapter...
Sugary Snicket chapter 3 . 6/10/2010
Ooh, creepy Meta!

Very well-written; I love how it comes full-circle by the end. An excellent example of the rare Three-shot fanfic, and a great Meta story to boot.
wbss21 chapter 3 . 5/24/2010
Amazing! This story is really beautiful. Incredibly scary and poignent all at the same time. You actually feel horribly for The Joker, because its really only him who continuously remembers, and he's all alone in that. Batman remembers with prodding from him, but he has to keep doing it. I really like how you capture The Joker's resentment towards the forces controling him, how he wants so badly to resist but simply can't.

The scene with him killing Ivy, knowing it doesn't matter at all, and Batman appearing, again not remembering. I also really like how you incorporate the sudden change in The Joker's mind, how one moment he's thinking clearly, and then when the writers have need of him, he becomes suddenly insane, more like a force. Your transition between his states is awesome!

Very heavy story, very scary and in a lot of ways heartbreaking. It makes me hope that somehow The Joker and Batman will be able to break free from it.
Dark Gotham chapter 3 . 4/23/2010
Ah lovely, well done. I could only imagine how freaky it would be to go through something like that.
Batmanluvr chapter 2 . 4/17/2010
That was great. The way you explained the whole thing was what really made the chapter. Keep it up! :)
Son of Whitebeard chapter 2 . 4/17/2010
This is interesting
Akino K chapter 1 . 4/13/2010
This is an amazing story, as I'm sure you know. I find the concept of breaking the fourth wall interesting in and of itself, and the Joker is my favourite Batman character, so when I saw the summary, I was basically bound to love this. But your story is also really well written, both in style and in keeping everyone in character (as far as I can tell).

I don't really want to repeat what the other reviewers already told you, so I'm just saying: Thank you for such a great story, and I hope you'll continue writing for this fandom.
Batmanluvr chapter 1 . 4/13/2010
Wow. That was just absolutely amazing. I mean, seriously, I have no idea what to say. I am struck absolutely speechless at this pure amazingness. Bravo, my friend! You have an incredible story right here! I didn't really know what to expect when I started reading. At first, I was thinking as I was reading, "Wow. This is gonna get real deep." But as soon as I realized what was going on, I was just awestruck at the idea. I actually scrolled back up to the beginning and read it again! I loved it! And it was just so cleverly written! The story flowed almost perfectly! Thank you so much for making my day!