Reviews for Wish You Were Here
carolfd chapter 1 . 8/10/2010
WOW! This was really beautiful - disheartening, but beautiful. The first one of your stories I've read, and I can guarantee I will be reading many more!
memento1 chapter 1 . 4/26/2010
I love it. I mean, it's painful, it really really is, but it gels with the pain I think they must be feeling, so I appreciate it. I love that last line, and actually that first paragraph, about her leg swinging over the side of the bed. That's such a vibrant mental image, it really sets the tone and the mood of the piece. So, umm...yeah, really enjoyed it. And I hope they can make their way back to one another soon.
happylama2202 chapter 1 . 4/16/2010
Wow. I mean, really, wow. I've read this about 4 times now, and I continue to love it. Really fantastically written, realistic and sad and just great. I have disliked so many of the post-100 fics, with the "Bren realizes her mistake and gives an emotionally moving speech while sobbing perfect tears and then they have the perfect first time sex while driving down the perfect d*mn road." Sometimes I really wonder how many of these kids have actually had first time sex. :P

This has such a great tone, and Brennan's POV is really lovely. I am a big fan of your fics in general, and this is thus far my favorite. Thanks!
TheLifeILive chapter 1 . 4/15/2010
That was heartbreaking. I wanted to cry for her at the end. There really is no way that she could possibly feel good about what's going on and I think you wrote her sadness at the end very well.

It really shows too how much she's changed.

Awesome job!

Leah
Danni Evans chapter 1 . 4/14/2010
Wow...that was so very well written, it actually hurt to read! You've done a wonderful job of conveying the pain she's feeling, the emptiness of her decision.

Let's hope the writers of the show get their act together sooner, rather than later!
daisy07 chapter 1 . 4/14/2010
Beautifully written and so heartcrushing. I hope TV Brennan is also able to achieve a similar realisation.
TemperTemper chapter 1 . 4/14/2010
Ack. So moving - so good *cries*
space77 chapter 1 . 4/14/2010
Hurts so good.
duskbutterfly chapter 1 . 4/14/2010
beautifully handled, i can now only wish the writers of Bones manage to convince her to have some kind of epiphany about her 'other half' as you put it.
Sarah9488 chapter 1 . 4/13/2010
Though not really what we all want it to be... beautiful.
anthropologist chapter 1 . 4/13/2010
Aw, this piece broke my heart, although it was written so well and so realistically. You should be really proud of this one. I love the raw emotion and the deep sadness. Very well done. I especially liked the detail about Brennan thanking Hackner after he compliments her in bed. Great detail.
Robert Modean chapter 1 . 4/13/2010
Impressively evocative, well written, sad and yet knowing that she's the cause of her own pain and that somewhere in that cityscape is a man who is hurting just as bad, I can't feel sorry for her. Lovely piece of writing though, first rate.
a2zmom chapter 1 . 4/13/2010
This was so sad, but I could see it happening. She's so afraid of losing what she has.
AmandaFriend chapter 1 . 4/13/2010
Lovely. You have a strong feel for Brennan- if she could only get in touch with her feelings.

It's odd that Brennan who champions "change is an anthropological inevitability" doesn't think she can make the change. Let's hope she doesn't play tangle sheets with Hacker, but if she does, that she's not having a good time.

While I hope this never happens, you do a nice job of probing her inner voice.
ElizabethDQMW chapter 1 . 4/13/2010
Stunning- absolutely stunning. I just...don't even have words, more like stunned silence. I think this is painfully realistic and in-character. And it's all so tragically heart-crushing that it's literally heard to breathe. By the end, right about here:

"She finally let herself go, silent tears sliding down the sides of her cheeks and soaking the pillowcase, because everything she had left in her hurt. Because she was torn in half, and the half she wanted to be breathing those soft, measured breaths beside her, wasn't."

All I could see was horrific blinding pain- for her, for him, and it's all just a little bit too much. Thank You.