Reviews for What If?
missgsmith51 chapter 18 . 1/2
Oh, dear! Your archaic verb forms some serious work! When you use "thee, thou, thy, or thine," you also need to adjust your verbs.

"Thou lacks common sense and would tickle a sleeping dragon." I think the verbs should be "lackest" and "wouldst." There are a few more, but I'm sure thou hast the idea! (Just kidding. I couldn't resist.)

I'm glad Harry didn't just let Albus off the hook for so many years of stubbornness and manipulation. I thought he might just go the old "ends justify the means," "let bygones be bygones" route. I'm glad you didn't do that.
missgsmith51 chapter 17 . 1/2
"He just wondered how long it would be until Hogwarts was breeched by the Death Eater. That was things would get really HAIRY." Pun intended, right?

Poor Hermione. That Horcrux using her unborn child against her was really low. (That's not a criticism, it's a compliment, because it's just exactly the kind of thing Voldy would do.)

I think you made Crabbe and Goyle even stupider than their book counterparts, if that's possible. Filch, however ... A sniper in Her Majesty's Service? Are we going to find out even more surprises about our grouchy caretaker? I can't wait to see what he gets up to in the battle.
missgsmith51 chapter 15 . 1/1
It was good that Harry let them all see the Horcrux and how evil it is, how it uses a person's fears to lie to and control him or her. I don't think some would have believed how much power it could exert over someone had they not seen it in action.

I like Harry's method of dealing with Molly. He is right, though ... Her mind is clouded, and she could endanger them.
missgsmith51 chapter 12 . 1/1
Well, that was kind of scary. I thought Harry was finally "done for," so to speak. I thought Dumbledore was going to take him out. I'm glad he had knowledgeable help this time to get rid of Riddle for good. I think he and Hermione need to be spending way more time in the RoR, giving Tom headaches! ;) (Hey, it's worked before!)

Nice to see Ron seems finally to have recovered from his ongoing bout of cranial-anal inversion. Perhaps Draco will, as well. I hope so.
missgsmith51 chapter 11 . 1/1
LOL at "Hatty" and "Featherbrain"!

Um ... Hasn't Harry already done the "naked and dead, return to live another day" thing in this story once before? When Ron AK'd him, I believe. At least this time in limbo, he was able to meet not only his parents but also his and Hermione's unborn child. That must have provided some comfort for his loss.

Speaking of dead ... Both Ron and Ginny have now made attempts on Harry's life. I don't care if Ginny's was accidental. She still intended a different sort of harm to both of them. Hermione could be her next victim. I think the two youngest Weasleys are hazardous to both Harry and Hermione's health and should probably be sent home or to another magical school.

Well, at least the problem of the Horcrux in Harry has been resolved.
missgsmith51 chapter 9 . 1/1
I think plenty of people want Bella dead. Yes, this certainly gives Harry another motive to take her down. I do think, though, that they need to use stronger contraceptives just now. Being pregnant would make Hermione an even more enticing target, because of the pain Harry would suffer at the loss of both a wife and child.

I hope Sirius will take Bella seriously as an opponent in this story. In the book, it was his cavalier attitude toward her that cost his life, IMHO.
missgsmith51 chapter 8 . 1/1
Why do I have a sick feeling that Cedric is not going to get lucky twice in a row? I hate the DoM battle with all of those creeps. Dolohov, Bella and the two Lestrange brothers, Macnair, and Lucius are just as evil and disgusting as Voldemort, IMHO.
missgsmith51 chapter 6 . 12/31/2014
I'm surprised old Twinkles gave in so soon. Perhaps he felt that both Aberforth and Alastor would spill the beans if he didn't level with Harry and stop manipulating him. I'm glad he seems to have accepted that Hermione is the other light figure.

Now ... Are we going to have ANY fun with the Toad? I do hope so. Driving her nuts and making her life a living h*ll is the only fun in the year five fanfics. Otherwise, it's a pretty unpleasant time for everyone. JM2K, of course ...
missgsmith51 chapter 5 . 12/31/2014
"No. I can't invite Harry. Dumbledore thinks he's safer where he is."
Another short squawk.
"So? I respect Dumbledore and I know what he is doing."

This from the man who has already told Harry he thinks Dumbledore is up to something? Hm. Rather inconsistent there, if you ask me.

If Dumbledore thinks the second warrior ("knowledge, cunning, and pure of heart") is himself, it's clear that lemon-drop brain-rot has reached the final stages. It's only a matter of time. It's quite obvious that it's Hermione. Well, that's what I think. ;)
Sixstringsamurai83 chapter 2 . 12/24/2014
you know, i have tried to read this full story twice, If it's the one i think it is, there was a reason i stopped, But what i wanted to say was, i love how you made harry more Thoughtful, A bit softer, and Smarter, i always thought that after second year Harry become more intelligent, and he also became more open, but J.K rowling changed that in this book..
plus Harry and Hermione were perfect together
good job
love this story always gives me chills
-jesse-
desireejones99 chapter 2 . 12/22/2014
Very Good writing skills, you have made this very fun to read
Luiz4200 chapter 1 . 11/6/2014
Oh, the wasted potential from when Ron complained about Harry ditching him for a girl. Harry could have faked surprise and say something like "Ron, I didn't know you saw me like that. I'm sorry but I like girls. Don't worry, I'm sure there's a boy somewhere who'll like you, assuming he doesn't mind your table manners."
ElementalMaster16 chapter 20 . 10/26/2014
pretty cool fic! it's a bit of a shame we didn't get to see any of harry's "battle mage" skills. or much of that summoning contract thing. still i really did enjoy it.

keep writing awesome :)
Guest chapter 20 . 10/23/2014
Awesome story
Guest chapter 9 . 10/17/2014
hate you for causing Hermione to miscarry a baby? not really and don't get me wrong (whoever reads this) it was a terrible thing to read about but its not hate you would have to worry about its all the ladies that read this and then go hunting for you with all manner of sharp pointy things *shutters* I don't envy you when they find you.
903 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »