Reviews for Reexamining Things
iammonkey1 chapter 61 . 1/22/2013
i really like this story but it has quite a few inconstant points
Svenion chapter 52 . 12/11/2012
didn't fiendfyre work on the other horcruxes? why only basilisk venom for the diary?
Svenion chapter 51 . 12/11/2012
ummm...why did snape take the students into the forest? couldn't he have gone alone, and wouldn't it have been more safe?
Svenion chapter 45 . 12/11/2012
so, hermione gets a letter and they just let her leave the castle? i don't mean to criticize, but you seem to jump from one plot hole to another. a good rewrite, after a year or so, and i'm confident you could fill the plot holes and repost as an amazing story. right now, it just doesn't make any sense.
Svenion chapter 41 . 12/11/2012
"come forth, magic that dumbledore knows not" ? really? also misspelled "serve", it's spelled "sever" in the chapter
Svenion chapter 37 . 12/11/2012
how did dumbles get in the castle?
Svenion chapter 31 . 12/11/2012
so, what happened to the training that harry is supposed to be getting this summer?
Svenion chapter 19 . 12/11/2012
wait, harry isn't a parselmouth? how?
Svenion chapter 16 . 12/11/2012
so, harry just left his wand laying in his trunk? thought he was smart? not very slytherin of him..
HermioneGinnyHarryNevilleLuna chapter 101 . 5/5/2012
Wow. When I started this story, I looked at the length and felt a sense of foreboding. After I'd read the first few chapters though, I knew I'd have to finish it. I've been reading this for a couple of weeks now whenever I had the chance, and today I finally finished it.

I've always said the only said the only good fan-fictions are ones that make me cry, and believe me... that's a hard feat, I don't even cry at Titanic so well done!

So, even though this is a relatively short review for a VERY long story I just wanted to give my thanks and congratulations for such a brill story.
Griffin Raven chapter 9 . 2/11/2012
Hmm...I kinda understand why Harry reacted like he did in the

matter of the other teams uniforms & brooms...after all its exactly how he was taught to handle things or rather the way the Dursleys handle things! So its not at all surprising that the poor wee lad is a little mixed up but then again who wouldn't have survived 10yrs of hell with the Dursleys family.

So will Remus be visiting or writing to Harry soon? I can't wait to see just what Minerva will do when she learns from Neville who was involved in sliping young Harry a border-line dark pain potion?
Griffin Raven chapter 8 . 2/11/2012
The Professors rant onto students for teasing/bullying students

from different houses but just what stops an adult, a Professor

from allowing there own bias/prejudices to show through in how they interact with the students.

I really don't see how Albus could legally get away with telling Severus to use vertisiuem upon all of the Slytherin students, because sure'll it must be illegal to use on minors without consent of parent/or guardian unless they have definite

proof of guilt in the first place...which clearly Albus does

not have proof that it was a Slytherin student who trashed all

the other team quidditch uniforms & brooms but just because the

Slytherin uniforms & brooms were left unharmed...then a big bad

Slytherin must be guilt, haha!
Griffin Raven chapter 5 . 2/11/2012
Will Harry tell Severus or Hermione about the fact that Ty Raven sensed a dark aura around her?

Wow...Hogwarts certainly has become something of a dangerous place to be even without any aid from Quirrell/Voldemort, or could he be responsible for the sudden uprise in negative behaviour from students? I was surprised that Mr Weasley came

to Albus to protest about his son Ron was placed into Slytherin

as a punishment for what he did? As Arthur Weasley always seem

such a calm wizard, though I guess with Molly prodding him relentlessly to kick up a stink over what happened would make any calm guy eraged.

Perhaps someone should go and see Hermione's parents and tell

them whats going on at school with regards to there daughter because I'm sure that they would be appalled at her most recent

behaviour...it might also aid them (the staff) in getting through to Hermione and thus setting her on the way to being a model student?
SuperWhoVengePottLokiLockLin chapter 93 . 1/12/2012
When I had read this I literally yelled "NO!" and successfully scared the crap out of the people in my house.

I know you had your reasons, and I'll be reading the in a moment, but I still feel compelled to ask this...

"WHY DID YOU KILL SEVERUS!"

I seriously felt, and feel like crying. Your so mean, but this story is so captivating.
SuperWhoVengePottLokiLockLin chapter 6 . 1/12/2012
Wow, Six chapters in and I am reviewing again. I don't know what it is about this story, but you are now the second person that I have given more then one review for, and it wasn't because there was a mistake, like the same sentences twice that the first person had. It's because I am generally impressed with this story.

I looking for something interesting to read, with everything I was looking for in a Severus and Harry story since I have found that I actually quite liked the idea of Severus being a role model to Harry. A story that, didn't portray Harry as being easily manipulated and just like his father. That didn't portray Severus as completely hating Harry because of his father, therefore not willing to give him a chance until something big happened. One that didn't have Dumbledore being the grandfatherly wizard that everyone believed he was, instead of the manipulative wizard he truly was, and many other things, but I'm afraid I would end up running out of characters before I could list them all.

Anyway, from what I have read of your story, so far, it has everything I was looking for, and so much more. This may have been based on a challenge, but I can just tell that you took a lot of time planning out how this would go. And I have to say, I love it when a writer actually does that, and still manages to, well, for the lack of anything to better describe it, bring the story to life. Again I find myself saying, I am generally impressed, actually, I am beyond impressed.

Well, I figure I should get back to reading this beyond wonderful, story. Just in case you haven't figured it out, I am far from disappointed, and I hope that it will continue to be that way as I read further into this. From the last six chapters, I have very little doubt that your story will disappoint me, but well, even though it's finished, there is still that possibility. I hope you don't take that as rude, although it did come off as that didn't it? My apologies, I didn't mean for it to be rude.

Well, I'd better get back to reading before I end up unintentionally insulting you, or the story. Again, no matter how many times I end up reviewing, you are still going to get a review on the last chapter. Still I feel as if i should say this again, from what I have read, it is certainly, a great story.

Kyra