Reviews for The Unlikely Daughter
EagleJarl chapter 2 . 12/21/2013
Argh! You *did* abandon it!

Arghhhh! I really wanted to meet Devotion. That was the perfect name - 'D' and the best one-word description of Mal.

Please come back and finish this.
EagleJarl chapter 1 . 12/21/2013
...ok, yep. Didn't see that one coming.

I so need to read more of this. I sincerely don't live up to your promise / warning / threat and stop updating. If you do, there may be huge ugly mercenaries hired to track you down and tickle you mercilessly.
Indigo1100 chapter 2 . 3/13/2011
Wow! Well, this is interesting, and it is beautiful, and I should it's convenient that I've recently decided to try watching Firefly- I haven't done it yet, but I should probably reread this after I do. Also, I want to note that your stories were pretty much the first I'd heard of the Sandman universe, and since then pretty much every story of yours I've read with it gives me desire to look for it in real life, and this particular story has done that to the point that I'm thinking maybe I actually will, someday. So yeah.

But anyway, as noted, wow! The first chapter had some lovely funny parts-Death talking in the first one, pretty much, and the final line, of course- and some really lovely 'people' parts, the way Mal's 'morning after' is described, the story with Zoe's baby- it gets a few *lines*, but again, very impact-ful, and interesting, and with emotion. I like how River knows what going on, and the 'please, not yet'.

And the second chapter is fascinating- since I've never met these people, having the descriptions matched up with names like that was both nice and interesting, and I liked the notes on who has seen or heard of who and how, and well as the interactions.

And the idea of Devotion- wow, that is interesting also. I don't think I can think about it properly, missing the canon as I am, but it is a thinking thing, and a well one. And finding a D-word too. Wow.

And I like the slang as well.

KiraSparrow chapter 2 . 11/15/2010
I couldn't stop laughing when Jayne yelled at Mal! ("Zhen de ma? Mal, you ruttin' knocked up Death!") And hooray for double-sliders! That's a really clever term that I feel I must use someday.

Are you still writing this story? I see you haven't updated it since May.
voodoobuddha chapter 2 . 10/8/2010
Okay, really love this one.
Hebi R chapter 2 . 9/11/2010
Agreed with you about Delirium's story. And the one that followed, showing how Destruction might have quit his job, but is still big brother when you need him.

And a little extra, remember, even those four adults returned to their normal lives somewhat less pained, though still crazy. Delirium and the formerly comatose girl had enough love to share with them too.
tremerid chapter 1 . 5/12/2010
Ten minutes later, I'm still laughing at the ending of the chapter. "You ruttin' knocked up Death!" LOL. Great line for Jayne.

I hope there's more of this one coming, and I will definitely look for it in the future.

The Black Sluggard chapter 1 . 5/1/2010
Well, this could certainly get interesting...

An idea that this sparked which made me chuckle... Given how Destruction's attempts to subvert his nature and create always seem to backfire, I think if -he- ever had a mortal child, it would have to be someone exactly like Jayne. XD
t.m.p.a chapter 1 . 4/26/2010
More, more please! This is so awesome. You have to write how it goes when the crew meets rest of the Endless family.
Rhyolight04 chapter 1 . 4/15/2010
Okay, how weird would Death's daughter me? weirder than Susan Sto Helit?

I'm not sure you can write through a major bad birthday surprise in one paragraph, but whatever...

I do like your stuff. More is good.