Reviews for Theft of Symbols
narnian23 chapter 1 . 12/5/2014
This is just gorgeous. You've characterized this pair wonderfully-Rose is cheeky and outgoing without being immature, and Nine's lightheartedness isn't too goofy and doesn't belay his mysteriousness. I love that when he catches up to Rose in the club, he doesn't just stand back and sulk, he actually enjoys himself. As he should, watching Rose parade around with 'Possession of The Doctor' written all over her.

You've given so much more depth to the jacket, taking something that is always written as defensive or protective as liberating as well. Lovely!
TiaKisu chapter 1 . 8/23/2014
Oh, that is one beautiful little story! I love how the Doctor's jacket stands for so many different things to Rose: security and adventure, rebellion and having a home. She wears it proudly, not knowing what it even means to do that (and I just love it that it means she's his!). And when the Doctor comes to the club as well and he's simply smiling, knowing that somehow she is screaming it out to the world that he and she belong together - I really loved that.

Thanks a lot for writing and sharing this awesome piece of work. I really enjoyed reading it!
Blue Stone Shining Wolf chapter 1 . 8/19/2014
Lovely story.

First...imagining that song with Nine's low voice and Northern accent is swoon-worthy. Second, knowing he walked into the club with JUST his jumper made my knees go weak. And THEN he had to go and straighten out the lapel while she was wearing it. That made by breath hitch.

The rest is just lovely and then they are caught up in a kiss that is so very poetically described.

Nice subtle imagery at the end and a nod that this is just the beginning.
fieldsoffebruary chapter 1 . 6/2/2014
Great read.
Spunkalovely chapter 1 . 2/19/2013
This is perfect! Especially the ending. I actually went back to reread it once I was done.
BewareOfFlyingMonkeys chapter 1 . 12/12/2012
Loved it
LostInWho chapter 1 . 10/6/2012
Sooo enjoyed this story. I love your descriptions - the way he looks at her, the way her mind works in their interchanges.
MaryMatthesen chapter 1 . 5/27/2011
Miss Snazzy chapter 1 . 10/3/2010
Great story. I loved the ending and the role the coat played in the story. I also loved that while Rose was being sneaky, so was the Doctor.
glitterlavalamp chapter 1 . 6/7/2010
Awwwwwwww. I like this very much, Nine gets far too little love. Good characterization, very sweet, and superb one-liners (my personal favorite may just have to be the floor-decorating). Great job, keep writing!
Llyzbeth chapter 1 . 5/10/2010
emeraldeyedirishdaughter chapter 1 . 5/6/2010
I just realised that you have posted this here though you did say you were going too. I just a bit slow.

Thanks again for this gorgeous story. I had no idea when I gave the prompt that this would be the result although being you I had every confidence that it would be amazing and it certainly is.

I forgot to mention over in my lj comment that I absolutely adore Roam no more so was over the moon that you incorporated part of the lyrics in your story and had the Doctor singing them too.

Thank you so much for this. Hope you are going to write for the next support stacie auction because I intend to go for the big prize next time.
Jimm chapter 1 . 4/17/2010
Nice. :-) Should it be marked 'complete', or do you plan to add to it?
Doro.neko chapter 1 . 4/17/2010
Dang - when Rose gets philosophical, it colors the entire story, doesn't it?

I thought the entire thing was surprisingly sweet - although I did have to keep laughing, between the Love Don't Roam cameo and (my new favorite phrase) "borrows the rest of what she's wearing to decorate his floor." Loves!
Terrifica Oneiroi chapter 1 . 4/17/2010
Pwhooah... You're certainly getting into the Nine love with these last few ones, aren't you.

Mind, you've got it down pat, old girl. There simply isn't a better Nine writer than you, and everyone knows it.

You bask in the glory of another wonderful piece written, and we'll bask in the glow your Nine gives off.

Terri O