Reviews for Summer School
Actually. Harry never had to do his tests. It was the tournament. Cedric died. Yada yada
Great story
I rearly enjoyed it, are you going to continue, I would love to know how they all got on with the new baby
mysinger chapter 20 . 1/23
Excellent chapter! I love the essay and I'm sure Snape will as well, though the Dursley parts may upset him. Well done!
missgsmith51 chapter 36 . 11/16/2013
Excellent story. I loved Harry's "interior soliloquy" on all he has learned over the summer and, more particularly, his feelings on what it means to finally be part of a family. It's very warm and fuzzy ... but it's also true.

Sometimes we get lucky and our real families are those into which we were born. More often these days, I think, our real families are extended to include those we've learned to trust with the most important parts of ourselves. We've grown to love them because they look past what's on the surface to see who we really are ... and they stand beside us and love us anyway. Like Harry, we gather close those we call family and hang on tight.
missgsmith51 chapter 35 . 11/16/2013
Oh, that is just evil. Yes, I realize Bella and LV are evil. It just must be terrifying to feel so vulnerable, as if there is no safe place out of reach.

So Grimmauld Place is now unusable. I hope all Order stuff was removed before they apparated out of there. I REALLY want to know what has become of Dung, because I think he is responsible.
missgsmith51 chapter 34 . 11/16/2013
Yikes! Did Aurora wander outside the wards? Or was it something Dung did? Is he under the Imperius a Curse? Was he really a Polyjuiced imposter?

Did the others get away, too? The Weasley kids and Draco and Hermione?
missgsmith51 chapter 33 . 11/16/2013
Hangover Harry, eh? Snape was truly gentle with him for this indiscretion. Wait! Are we sure that was Snape? hehe

Harry and Draco are certainly learning some very practical information about expectant mothers and mood swings. At their time of life, it should go a long way toward making them think before acting. ;) Sometimes, a picture really is worth a thousand words.
missgsmith51 chapter 32 . 11/16/2013
I knew it! I have a couple of friends who would love to be able to conceive so quickly. I guess when you are magical, anything is possible. It must be mighty tough on the bod (and the unborn babe), though, to rush a pregnancy like that! Then again, I guess it has the benefit of skipping the morning sickness phase. I can't really think of other benefits, though; the risks are far too great.
missgsmith51 chapter 31 . 11/16/2013
Oh, this does not look good at all. Poor Harry, too. He will take the entire blame upon himself, as usual, and if she doesn't make it ... Poor everyone. I wonder how Snape could make a mistake with potions. That surprises me.
missgsmith51 chapter 30 . 11/16/2013
LOL at Snape smelling like a giant cookie! I guess it's good to find some humor even in such situations.

I like that they are all in the big bed together. I suppose with Harry, it won't be the last time. His thought about Ron holding him one night wrenched my heart, as it was probably the first time in memory that anyone had ever held Harry when he was afraid or in pain.

Shouldn't that be "Severus, why is there a Potter and a Malfoy in our bed"?
missgsmith51 chapter 29 . 11/16/2013
Okay, both of those scenes were creepy.

Voldemort is now doing a full-on possession, or mind control? I hope they figure a way to remove the Horcrux ... soon. Otherwise, everyone is in danger. What, exactly, did Sinistra do to drive him out of Harry's mind?

"This isn't my home and it never will be with them." When Harry thinks this, is that when the wards fell? I often wondered if DD had ever checked them, because Harry certainly never called Privet Drive home, and I often wondered if that would affect the blood wards.

At first I thought the hissing voice was Voldemort, but I guess it was Barty, Jr. Who was the other one ... Wormtail? Instead of taking Harry, they just took his blood? Or did the arrival of the Order thwart the kidnapping part? It's surprising, but lucky, that the DEs didn't just apparate him away. The other Order members at the scene were Sinistra, Moody, Arthur, and Dumbledore?
missgsmith51 chapter 28 . 11/16/2013
Interesting interaction between Sinistra and Harry. Did Harry catch the comment about Snape being busy with "another of our children"? Why not "our other child"? Is she pregnant? I wonder if she worries about what she's gotten into with Harry for a son. That curiosity ... and about such dangerous things. He suddenly seems obsessed with Salazar Slytherin, which can't be a good thing. Mothering Harry has got to be a handful.

I'm guessing Slytherin's sword was given to the Mer people in exchange for the rings.
missgsmith51 chapter 27 . 11/16/2013
So Draco likes Hermione but must keep up a pretense of liking Pansy. Ugh! It does seem as if he is changing, though.

I was surprised Harry didn't know about Snape's Mark.

I love Snape's final "Kelting" comment to Harry. LOL Kids are so silly sometimes.
missgsmith51 chapter 26 . 11/16/2013
Sirius. What a jerk. Like I said, he is immature and indiscreet. That was Sinistra's story to tell. He was just trying to - I'm not sure which - torment Snape or salve his conscience. All I can say is he's lucky Snape didn't deck him.

After Sinistra's comments to Marcus about taking the Mark - and how if he was commanded by LV to rape his sister, he would have to do it - I wondered whether this had happened to her.
missgsmith51 chapter 25 . 11/16/2013
There is something about all off the wedding stuff and the girls' night that reminds me of my Big, Fat Greek Wedding.

Harry and Draco are just 14 (or nearly 15), and Draco has already been apprehended in flagrante delicto during some previous year? This does seem AU, based on the books. I remember thinking, when I first read them, that the Trio, at least, seemed very uninterested in dating compared to my students of the same ages. I figured it was because they were usually focused on things like trying to help Hagrid with Norbert, save the Sorcerer's Stone, deal with LV, escape the Acromantulas, fight the Basilisk, save Buckbeak, survive Dementors, watch out for Sirius, figure out how to get Harry through the Triwizard Tournament alive ... that they just didn't have much time for the typical hormonal adolescent angst stuff! I guess the other houses, not being so encumbered, were typical kids.

Snape seems rather unflapped by all of the Weasleys and Marauders in his home.