Reviews for His Gift
rebelxxwaltz chapter 1 . 9/22/2010
This was really good!

I like how you described Nathan's unsettled thoughts and warring feelings in such an effective free-form style. I found it to be really well done, and demonstrative of how traumatized he was by these events.

My favorite bit was probably the contrast between the first repo victim he encounters, where he says he hates the sound of her screaming, and the one a couple paragraphs later where he says he loves it and seems to be enjoying himself. It does a good job of showing that he might be just a bit psychotic at times (or really maybe all the time?). Hahaha...

Anyway, yeah. The ending between Nathan and Shilo was cute as well, if a little said. Nice fic!
geneticimperfection chapter 1 . 9/5/2010
My favorite thing about this is the style. It's really free-flowing, so there's room for Nathan's thoughts as he has them. Which is the best way for this story to be written, as he's not particularly in control of his thoughts (or much of anything else) during the time that Shilo was born and Marni's death.

I'm favoriting this.
Rippertish chapter 1 . 7/19/2010
Wow! That was amazing!

It translates well what should be Nathan's anguish.

It shows how he's led to do all he did.

But the paragraph in which he enjoys the killing and the next moment after thinking of Shilo feels disgusted is brilliant.

My fav parts were:

* Wait, what's he signing? No! This goes against everything he believes in! What's it matter? They took Shilo away. Marni is dead. A big heavy bag is placed next to him. He's being let out.

And the end line where she says she would die I'd he died. It's a very nice line that you've use during the story for Nate and Marni and Shi says in the end...

Ahhhhh... Soooo nice but sad to think that he dies... Snif snif
Dreaming-Of-A-Nightmare chapter 1 . 6/4/2010
oh, this is so sweet and sad. i love the raw, intense emotion behind each and every line, and i also love the bounce between flashbacks with Marni and a more current flow of time.

simply put: this is amazing. :)
shadowpanda101 chapter 1 . 5/14/2010
This was really good. I especially liked how you kept making Nathan's thoughts switching from one thing to another. It really shows his descent into insanity! Bravo!
ConfusedColumbia26220 chapter 1 . 4/18/2010
Aw! I don't even have the words for how unique and beautiful that was. Very in character. You captured both Nathan and Repo Man very well. This is great. I'd love to read more from you!