Reviews for Done a Runner
Guest chapter 25 . 12/29/2019
An incomplete gem. So sad.
Mrs Prongs chapter 11 . 12/26/2019
Nice I liked this chapter I can’t wait to find out more about wyarding
Simianpower chapter 1 . 12/8/2019
I write this after reading chapter 17. I know that your OCs are important for your plot. But they're boring. They are not well integrated into the story. And they keep mentioning yet more OCs who aren't even in the story. It's like you're telling only 2/3 of the story, and 1/3 of it is ruining the other because of the missing third. This is possibly the clunkiest story that didn't outright suck that I've ever read. The actual plot that you have isn't bad, but the inadequate OCs, frequent flashbacks, and other clunky bits really drag it down. Without those problems, it would be 7/10 material, but with all of the baggage it's about half of that. It's a chore to read. I skimmed through chapters 15-17 because they failed to capture my interest, having only minimal content relevant to the plot and a lot of filler related to characters I flat-out don't care about or know much about. You told 9 chapters of a very interesting story, and then threw it all away by joining it with another story that was only halfway coherent. So here is where I stop. I can't take it any more. I got to chapter 17, and the story has been trending continually downward since chapter 10. Overall I give this a disappointing 3.5/10.
Simianpower chapter 15 . 12/8/2019
80% of this story is told as flashbacks or memories of events that have already happened. It's extremely clunky! Just tell the story as it happens! How hard is that? A flashback or memory once or twice is fine, but that technique is extremely overused.

That said, the Moody fight was fun.
Simianpower chapter 14 . 12/8/2019
The first half was yet more infodump boredom, but the second half was good. I really hope that this story can recover to the point it was in chapters 9-10, because that was a fun story. But I'll only go another chapter or two if it doesn't.
Simianpower chapter 13 . 12/8/2019
Skim. Bored.
Simianpower chapter 12 . 12/8/2019
The exposition and the introduction of these two OCs has been very clunky. I as a reader have no reason to care about them, let alone the additional names they randomly through out, and their banter during and after a fight doesn't draw me in at all. Had they been better introduced, and had they included the actual main characters in their discussions, I might care more about them, but as it is they're an annoying sidebar that really pushes me out of the story. By the time they start talking about the Powerup McGuffin I was already skimming. The last chapter and this one have shown a marked decrease in the quality of writing of the story. Prior to this it was mostly good.
Wildcatatheart chapter 9 . 9/27/2019
man I love this chapter ending... the drunken Scotsman is an old time favorite...lmao
Guest chapter 4 . 8/16/2019
Now the Order knows that two Death Eaters were outside Harry and Hermione's window days ahead of them, why aren't they worried about this?
Guest chapter 3 . 8/16/2019
Not in any form is this a good prank. Violence for giggles is not funny and having a marginalized group be Harry's proxy just makes Harry look pathetic, it certainly doesn't make anyone look more broad minded. Especially when the victim committed no crime except wearing robes and looking like an older version of Crabbe. If you are trying to make a point about homophobia and muggle prejudice then this scene is spectacularly bad, serving only to fuel hatred on both sides. This is not entertainment, this is tragedy. If I saw someone having their head beat in with a brick, tazed and maced, I would be horrified regardless of who was wearing the robe or the padded dress.

Maybe it's just me. Or maybe you are making a point about the very real phenomenon of bystander apathy.
Realmsmith chapter 10 . 8/11/2019
Voldemort would have never died if he sank the locket the the bottom of the ocean and buried the ring in an unmarked grave in the ass end of nowhere, Africa. Or if he used a random stone as a horcrux, or a grain of sand, or a nokia.
HarmonyAlways63 chapter 1 . 8/1/2019
Interesting interesting
Bad Wolf chapter 25 . 7/29/2019
PLEASE please please come back and finish this story. It's far too deep and amazing to remain unfinished like this.
Hawko chapter 25 . 7/26/2019
An excellent fic so far. I love how the plot goes, its a very original way of showing the characters.
Wildcatatheart chapter 25 . 6/1/2019
can't wait to see what's next.
1,776 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 .. Last Next »