Reviews for From One Prison to Another
Calliecature chapter 15 . 6/1/2014
I'm not a die-hard White Collar fan. the ideas are good, you got past from scratching the surface of their perceptions but not enough to get the verbal feel of their characters. you have the dialogue but try to add their gestures that readers wouldn't have noticed when watching the show but can relate as though they are the ones experiencing it.

for example:

Neal gives him the smile that has bended unsuspecting victims at his will. It was more out of habit even though he knows who he's talking to.

"Okay, I promise."

The faint lines on Peter's face became more defined as he scowled. Though Neal's earned reward are in his hands, the air between them still waver with guarded mistrust. One look on the fed's eyes tells him that Peter's aware of it as much as he is.

"No. No promises."

Or something like that. I barely remember the scene but i always love their interactons. when they squabble with neal smiling charmingly and peter looking pissed, it kind of reminds me of an old-fashioned dad who is trying to deal with the teenage boy worming his way out.

Try to capture that because i think that's one of the reasons why fans enjoyed White Collar, besides the plot and Neal's good looks.
epicpickleninja chapter 15 . 2/5/2011
*stares suspicously* well i think you DO own White Collar and you ARE making a profit off of this. ha. ha. ha. P

:) jk, jk.

now on to your story. I thought it was well-written, funny at times, sometimes make me feel sad a little inside (poor angsty thought/gloomy Neal) and it was a pretty well-accurate Neal thought version of the pilot (which reminds me! when i was applying at Holiday World, they made us wear name tags and this one girl's last name was Caffrey. I completely flipped out D ) oh, and i loved your Peter at the end :) very Peter-y and your added on Neal and Peter banter. so wish that was actually in the pilot...*sigh*

Insert stern eyebrow raise here XD
j3nnee chapter 1 . 1/3/2011
Really enjoying this. :D
peppe1951 chapter 15 . 1/1/2011
good ending...and it is a countdown to the second part of White Collar's season 2...season 3 probably won't start until summer...
mam711 chapter 14 . 9/5/2010
Some decent writing throughout. I think if you continue with Threads, it should be a new story; however, this one could use a stronger ending: more of a Peter/Neal moment (which is how the episode ends), and perhaps circling back to the title somehow.

And in Chapter 13, the French for 'lost' is spelled 'perdu'(m) or 'perdue' (f).
Wondo chapter 13 . 7/23/2010
I can see how Neal and Kate would love their time in France. He is quite the romantic.

Lost can also mean beyond recovery...
taliya162 chapter 12 . 7/11/2010
love it! i like how u get inside his head, its so interesting :D
epicpickleninja chapter 11 . 5/27/2010
ooooooooh an experiment? how spiffy :) hope it was a success! anyway...i really liked how you did this chapter. you're kinda adding a depth to Neal that i never really though of before b/c i kinda don't like Kate...like at ALL so i tend to ignore her or think about her in the worse possible way and i just think Neal is an idiot for trusting her and that's pretty much all the thinking i do on their relationship. s
Writer's-BlockDP chapter 10 . 5/20/2010
Haha; an amusing four years, indeed :D

Loving it!
Sparky Dorian chapter 9 . 5/19/2010
Aw, I liked it. :) It seemed very realistic about their first meeting.
Sparky Dorian chapter 5 . 5/19/2010
This chapter was so sweet. :) And I loved it!

The guest agreed, but only after telling her of his slight predicament, showing her his anklet and then convincing her to take seven hundred a month for room and board, at least to keep the feds happy.

That part was probably my favorite. I don't know if that was how you meant it, but I took it as Neal's honesty. And it was sweet. :)
taliya162 chapter 9 . 5/13/2010
ooo i love this story, its so good :)
BunBunBabe chapter 6 . 5/1/2010
heheh love the chapter and that blurb at the end it was so funny it made me think back to that episode and now I want watch white collar again I can't wait for it come out on DVD so I can watch it a dozen times.
AFictionalWriter chapter 6 . 5/1/2010
Wow great reviews haha I don't even think I had the new chapter up for an hour before j3nee gave a review. But they probably were making a little bit of fun with Seinfeld, since they made fun of the Canadians in the same episode:

Neal: How mad were the Canadians?

Peter: Oh, very. Well, as mad as Canadians can get.
j3nnee chapter 6 . 5/1/2010
I like this! It's very authentic and real to the show.

I also like that dialogue you mentioned too. I mostly noticed it because it sounds like they're making fun of the "Soup Nazi" from Seinfeld when Peter says "No Dance for you!" ;)