Reviews for Forging and Temperance
neb1234 chapter 1 . 4/16/2010
I didn't really like the fact that Ranma was completely manipulated like he was but, the story and the ending in particular were so very welly done it made up for it.
King Tarol chapter 1 . 4/16/2010
You have talent. That much is very clear.

The story was a little jumpy at times, like I couldn't tell exactly who was speaking when, although I do not include the times where you did that on purpose for the sake of the plot.

I honestly don't know if "weird" is the correct description for your story. It's intriguing, it's well-layered, it's mostly flowing (except for the few jumpy bits I mentioned), and it's downright heartbreaking at times, but that gives this story a rare beauty. Even compared with other Ranma/Sailor Moon crossovers with a similar theme, yours has the feel of a sad song that one wouldn't want to stop listening to, while a good portion of the others simply lump the emotion. You weave it, if the imagery makes any sense. And by the fact that you have 26 stories here, I get the feeling that you've been weaving emotions for a while.

You did something with the plot that I commend heartily: while most write that Pluto "can't" see through time for any given reason in Ranma/Sailor Moon fanfics, you rather wrote that she CHOSE NOT TO. In that choice, you humanized Sailor Pluto in a very big way, while still managing to show her mysterious and powerful side through all her other actions. This is a rare and delicate balance.

And further, through that, you brought out the true tragedy towards which you caused this story to inevitably spiral. That is a deep plot, without only being convoluted. A very large part of me likes happy endings for all, and so I thus would've liked to see more chapters dealing with this situation. However, I know better; your story had to end this way.

An extremely elegant work, and I'm truly appreciative to see that you've given it to us all.
Exodus5 chapter 1 . 4/16/2010
Nice story but can't Setsuna just go back in time again and fix it?
m.night chapter 1 . 4/16/2010
What a twist!
ix chapter 1 . 4/16/2010
cheer up emo kid
Newbie Reader 117 chapter 1 . 4/16/2010
Wow, now ain't that a kick in the rear end. Poor girl, I feel for Setsuna here. Good story this, hope to see you write more like stories like this, maby even a sequel.
Guest chapter 1 . 4/16/2010
setsuna, she's a cun.t
Eh chapter 1 . 4/16/2010
I remember reading this a long time ago. But I don't remember it being any different. In any case, it is just as bitter as the old one and just as moving. Though I have to agree with the other, about how it's more like a series of scenes to write around.
Jace chapter 1 . 4/15/2010
Thia has to be the saddest happy end ever. Although they do have a long time ahead of them, so perhaps someday...
TikiTDO chapter 1 . 4/15/2010
That was the most amazingly bittersweet story I have ever read in my life. Bravo sir. You do some amazing work.
Kuno-Baby chapter 1 . 4/15/2010
Quite an ending you got there.
mikaerusan chapter 1 . 4/15/2010
I read this once, a long time ago. I am glad to have come across it again. For sometimes a journey can circle upon itself while still moving forward.
Grinnerz chapter 1 . 4/15/2010
A good story, but not one I think I'll be reading again anytime soon, no offense. It's just it was a depressing opening and a hopeful middle leading to a depressing end. I just prefer stories that the characters, the ones I find sympathetic at least, all get their happy ending; or something other than weeping their eyes out over their lost love at any rate.
SFBKludge chapter 1 . 4/15/2010
Semi-decent story. The big problem I had with it was that there wasn't any real continuing narrative. This looked more like a fleshy out line with scenes written to insert into completed full chapters.
Riniko22 chapter 1 . 4/15/2010
Well that's a slap to the face, her own face it seems. If I read this right Setsuna gave her husband away to Minako/Ukyo because she thought that he really did not love her but his sister. I'm not sure I feel that sorry for her, as she arranged it so that all those people died to fit her plan and it was flawed with partial information. Truly, I suspected that she was the wife, but thought that he would reject the senshi when he learned how he was manipulated.
61 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 Next »