Reviews for KK: The Rise & Fall Book 2 Part 2: Birth of a Jedi
VisualIDentificationZeta chapter 10 . 6/26/2014
You're an amazing writer, but I simply cannot believe it. SHE is such a witch to him for so long, she is undeservedly angry at him, she ASSAULTED him several times, raised/laid her hand on him, even tried to and wanted to KILL him, murder him in cold blood, had divided the crew and didn't care what happened, went completely mental and out of control, and then HE is apologizing to HER and grovelling at her feet, even literally?! And of course taking all the blame. This reminds me too uncomfortably of the cannon "couple" in JAG, a couple that I can't see as anything but poison for each other. :( Yes, I know that sometimes a man is expected to take the blame even if he isn't guilty in order for peace to reign, no matter how stupid or unjust I see it, but Kyle went further, he came across as a doormat. This book painted Jan as a typical case of domestic abuser and Kyle is acting like a typical abuse victim, taking responsibility on himself and absolving his tormentor of any blame.

It breaks my heart to realize that these two characters I've come to sympathise with during the last several hours have changed so much.

I hope I didn't come across as harsh or even flamy because that's one thing I hate in reviews. It's just that this series is so epic and has had such a positive effect on me that I felt the disappointment much more acutely than I would've otherwise. Apart from the stuff I said, I really like it. Thanks for posting.
Motoruven chapter 10 . 2/17/2013
Just recently discovered this story, love it so far!
Manus Dei chapter 33 . 5/24/2011
Those two are quite a handful. WeGee had better get some armor upgrades just in case they ever decide to have kids... and now I just had the scariest idea ever... HK-47 babysitting them. I have no idea where that came from. Anyway, I'm glad I finally got around to reading the rest of this, and it's good that things ended well. I wish there were more happy endings in real life as well. I guess we'll all have to wait and see what comes our way.
Tinuviel Undomiel chapter 33 . 5/18/2011
Sorry for the late review. My sister and I have to share an ethernet cord at this hotel and it's been a crazy past couple of days.

I had a feeling Mon Mothma was planning a surprise party. So sweet! She's like a second mother to these two.

Hahahahaha! Our namesakes are hilarious yet again! And we got Kyle to confess his feelings for Jan. Yes, we have all the powers in the universe.

So sweet that we caught them smooching. About time that we did, LOL.

Great ending this story. I cannot wait to see the next part of Kyle's journey. I'm sure it will be brilliant.
jmnar4 chapter 33 . 5/15/2011
great ending to a great story. i hope you write one about Jedi Outcast, especially with Kyle and Jan's R&R that is suppose to happen after the events in the game.
Nerwen Aldarion chapter 33 . 5/15/2011
I think I'm about ready to cry. I can't believe you finished it...and that this might really be it. It's bittersweet really, I'm glad it ended so well and yet...I don't want it to end. I'm excited about the new journey you yourself are embarking on but...I really don't want this to end!

Ugh it's sad but I suppose it had to happen sometime. I hope one day you'll come back to continue this journey, until then I suppose I can content myself with lots and lots of rereads.

Thanks for the memories. Somedays your stories were the only things that kept me going. Thanks for the fun times and don't you ever ever EVER forget that Blaze got run over by a speeder.
Ovall Aocrog chapter 33 . 5/14/2011
Well book 2 is finally over, it's been a fucking blast since I first read it then deciding to review it, thanks for allowing my own creation to be a part of it. Aww, they finally said I love you and the peeping toms was funny. Enjoy that break, you deserved it and hope to see more stories of any subject really but especially an Outcast one!

Until next time, keep up the great work!

-Kyle
Phygmalion chapter 33 . 5/14/2011
DDAAWWWW! That was Amazing! And cute, too! And I loved my cameo! Thanks for writing me into your story - it really made me happy (I'd say "made my day", except I've been in your story for a little longer than a day. ;)

But we're at the end of it all now! It's sad that I'll not be seeing chapter updates for this story anymore. I wish you all the best in your future writing endeavours, though! If you do ever publish a book, you'll have to tell me the title so I can read it for myself. :)

A very good job on wrapping everything up. Looking forward to your next project! Hopefully Jedi Outcast is just around the corner. Later, friend! :) :D
Tinuviel Undomiel chapter 32 . 5/14/2011
Awesome chapter, though it is sad that we are winding down to the end.

HOLY CRAP HOLY CRAP! JAN MET MORGAN! JAN MET MORGAN! BEST SCENE EVER!

Yeah, you brought in Revan. I always liked his character so it was nice getting to see him again. He sort of reminded me of Kyle, a man who took a walk on the Dark Side but found his way back to the light.

Hmm, what's up with Mon Mothma? Intrigue.

I can't wait to see what my alter-ego is doing next. Update soon.
Nerwen Aldarion chapter 32 . 5/13/2011
Awwww man! First the Smallville finale and now this is ending too! :'-(

But I did love this chapter. Jan FINALLY met Morgan! So happy for that! I've always wanted that to happen so I'm glad it did, that was a real nice touch.

I'll ignore the cheesy michaelangelo sculpture thingy, I know you were just keeping in context with the game and the scene before it made the whole thing seem A LOT better.

Speaking of, meeting all of those Jedi including Revan, absolutely AWESOME! Totally adored that! That was just neat really, really made the whole thing epic.

Loved the ending too but now I'm curious about what the heck is going on with Mon Mothma? You've got me concerned, I hope you update the final chapter ASAP.
Ovall Aocrog chapter 32 . 5/13/2011
A great chapter but it is a shame we're winding down and the end is pretty much the next chapter. Truth be told, I'm somewhat glad cause I was getting a little bored of this game and hoped we'll get to the next one soon.

Holy Hell, I was unprepared when Revan appeared, wonder how he got there.. and what happened after Kotor 2, I ain't playing Old Republic and wasting money over time,I swear LucasArts is getting dumber and greedier: The Clone Wars and Old Republic? Give me Kotor 3 or a series that doesn't make the characters pathetic, one bounty hunter besting two jedi masters? Anakin getting beat up simply because he didn't have his lightsaber? If I worked there, I'd call you to make this story into a TV series cause it's so much better. Anybody actually likes either things than good for you.

Back on subject, the scene with Rahn and Morgan was cool and it was funny when Morgan liked Kyle's beard, Kyle should've been like "At least someone likes it Jan." Shame about the Crow, remember that Wexter has to flip about it.

Let's hope the next chapter is as good as this one,keep up the great work!
Manus Dei chapter 32 . 5/12/2011
Revan was always a sly, smooth rascal. I loved how in the game you could have a load of fun teasing Bastila until she snapped. He did some unsavory things in his time, but ultimately the Jedi of his age were flawed and arrogant, and one thing led to another. I just wonder what happened to the Sunrider girls. They might have been able to talk some sense into those old procrastinators.

Not quite the reception they were expecting, I see. I can only guess that Mon Mothma is keeping her poker face on and getting ready to pop a surprise when they least expect it. And the good doctor is going to be utterly confounded when he takes a look at Kyle.
Manus Dei chapter 31 . 5/12/2011
The worst part about the damn timed puzzle was how clumsy the interface was. It would be nice if we didn't have to scroll through all the Force powers over and over again, and if we could use Force Jump just by pushing the jump button like in later games.

Anyway, this chapter only serves to further demonstrate that Kyle Katarn kicks ass. Unfortunately the only way he'll get the attention he deserves is through stories such as these, which take time and effort to weave. But it's all worth the wait.

Also, I can't wait to see if the infamous Hurricane Ors has calmed down for good.
Phygmalion chapter 32 . 5/12/2011
Yay! I LIKE happy endings! :)

Ok, first things first: I LOVE the resolution that you gave here. Kyle was able to say goodbye to Rahn, his dad, and the five Jedi that helped him out. He met Revan, who is one of my favorite EU characters. You gave an actual explanation for what happened to WeeGee, and you gave us the chance to say goodbye to the Crow.

I'm looking forward to the next chapter. It'll be sad to see this end, but on the other hand, the sense of accomplishment will be amazing - for all of us: You, the writer, for actually finishing this monster; us, the reviewers/readers, for reading this entire thing and critiquing it where appropiate; and the characters, for defeating Jerec and saving the galaxy.

Speaking of the Galaxy, I just bought the Official Star Wars Atlas, and IT IS AWESOME! :D It even comes with a star chart and a history of the galaxy!

Well, I can't say much else, except that I'm looking forward to the last chapter, and to whatever your next project is. I'm sure that it will be epic! Great job!
Manus Dei chapter 30 . 5/12/2011
It is a common theme in such tales for the hero to be battered, beaten down, and seemingly die, only to rise once again with an unexpected and unstoppable power. Superb handling so far. And with some luck, you'll have been able to figure out something more interesting than that accursed timed puzzle with the statues. As Kyle would say. "I came here to fight you, you eyeless freak! Now stop meditating and levitating and get your ass over here!"