Reviews for Greetings
Mrs. Bonner chapter 1 . 9/29/2011
I like this story!

Every few years I read the Prydain Cycle. Achren and Gwydion always captured my imagination. Lloyd Alexander did so much with so few words (a bit like C.S. Lewis in his brevity). He lets you know there's so much more to the story, and lets your imagination fill in the gaps.

I like how you don't spell out how they feel - you leave it to the reader to decide that.

I'll have to read your longer Gwydion/Achren story next...
Eilonwyy chapter 1 . 9/22/2011
This is really well-written and quite intriguing. I've always enjoyed those first few chapters in The High King; there's so much going on there. This seems very believable, that they could have reacted to each other this way.
adaon45 chapter 1 . 5/11/2010
You wouldn't happen to have any more of these lying around, would you? (she asks hopefully)

Oh, welcome back, and what fun. You really know how to milk the tension between these two. And yes, what a perfect moment to choose.

I loved the bit about Fflewddur having a panic attack, by the way-even though it's only fair to point out he saves the day in ways I could not imagine doing even if I weren't having a panic attack.

I also really like the bit about Gwydion's resignation at the icy glint in Achren's eyes. What a weird relationship-even if one doesn't see it as romantic or proto-romantic. Gwydion does help Achren out quite a bit, given she tried to torture him to death at one point. And she does nurse him in this scene (or offer to, anyway), and she does seem to pity him. Very strange, very tangled stuff.

Not that I'd mind nursing Gwydion if given a chance, of course. *swoons*
Sher chapter 1 . 4/22/2010
I'm always up for a bit of Gwydion/Achren, even if I have to squint. ;) Enjoyable read! Thanks for sharing!
CompanionWanderer chapter 1 . 4/18/2010
Oh, I love when people find ideas for scenes that were RIGHT THERE IN FRONT OF US but never occurred to me. I've never even thought about Gwydion's first lucid moments at Caer Dallben and how he would have reacted to Achren's care.

I'm also liking how ambiguous this is. That they are simultaneously attracted to and wary of each other. The dynamic plays off very well and gives it great tension. My feeling has always been that this is a relationship that COULD have happened in a different time, different place, under different circumstances, but never in the ones given. And that they would both sense that, and it would color all their interactions.

So good to see something new from you (or, well, new to US.) Thanks for putting it up.