Reviews for Queen of All Oni
MultiplePersonas chapter 25 . 12/19/2021
"Strawberry-flavored vengeance" and "taste the awesome" just entered my bank of awesome catchphrases. Thank you for that.

I'm finding it harder to follow this story as I go on. Partly because I'm not reading it all in one sitting, or anywhere near that, but partly because I feel like you have to be really smart and have a fair amount of knowledge in other areas (magic in fiction, Japanese history and culture) to really get it all. I mean, kudos for writing something so smart, but it can be tough on a lot of readers, ya know? Not that I'm asking you to pander. Plus some plot threads seem a little out of place (parts about characters from the future, for example).

I really like how you expanded Miss Kimber's part. She was a cool character on the show, and one of the few people to get through to Uncle. It's nice to see her live happily ever after.

As I started this chapter, I was starting to feel like it had almost lost Jade's character, but seeing her break free of her restraints and kill those hags really helped, especially with "taste the awesome". I shouldn't have doubted you.

I'm sorry if this review isn't more detailed about the chapter's events, and kinda wishy-washy. My head hasn't been quite right in a while.
crazybunnyfangirl chapter 29 . 9/24/2021
This story was phenomenal, it captures the true essence of the series while making it your own!

This is the best JCA fic i've ever read in my life and it is in the top 10 of books (fanfic or otherwise) i've ever read!
warrior of six blades chapter 4 . 9/6/2021
Well, Jade learned a hard lesson about how the masks or rather the demons in them are far from helpful, but it did give her a power boost after breaking one with her supernatural teeth and eating it’s power.

Valmont is lucky she didn’t kill him and that old dark chi wizard is very lucky she completely forgot about him.
warrior of six blades chapter 3 . 9/6/2021
Seems Jade’s little operation had hit an unexpected complication, but she did get rid of the dog talisman. After many failed attenpts by the shadow khan to destroy it.

Ninjas with chainsaws and explosives… you know they must be getting desperate to resort to those.
warrior of six blades chapter 2 . 9/6/2021
Oh boy, I can see why Finn really wanted out of the magic business, he and his two buddies tend to get the bad draw a lot and worse they always find themselves facing Chan only to get their butts kicked despite their powers, if any, gained.

Hak Foo however is different, he was a real threat to Jackie Chan and when he got powers he was even worse. Makes sense Jade would decide to recruit him while she was at prison, but I wonder how she intends to get rid of loose ends with Daolong?
warrior of six blades chapter 1 . 9/6/2021
Poor Jade, she really is having a bad couple of days leading to this and Jackie is struggling trying to be a responsible adult.

I wouldn’t have punished Jade for hitting that boy though, I’m with Uncle on this. He should have left her alone if he didn’t want to risk getting hit.

But alas, I know not all parents think that way and nothing can be done with how they raise their kids too much legally speaking.

Tohru however seems to be a good friend to Jade here and I’m glad to see it a bit as he tries yo help her when he assumes she was simply sick, but had a suspicion it was more than that on a subconscious level.

Nice touch by the way how he laments almost being willing to cut her open in the past for the rooster talisman. I always did find his character development interesting of being a bad guy gone good after Valmont dropped him.
MultiplePersonas chapter 24 . 7/17/2021
Poor Jade, her mind twisted this way and that. I can't imagine the torment she's suffering. But her family will always come through. That's what the Chan Clan does.

I wish I understood more about these flashbacks to ancient Japan, but I think I'm getting enough context. I'm also a little puzzled by the brotherhood's plans, but I'm sure to pick up on it. This is working toward a pretty explosive finale.
MultiplePersonas chapter 23 . 4/29/2021
I didn't like this chapter QUITE as much as that Hak Foo-heavy one, but it's close. There were so many cool action scenes, and Courageous Conrad made for a hilarious character. I love how he had magical items available in his store, and charged a fortune for them. Also, did he say Uncle tried to pay in bean paste? And he accepted it?

I think my favorite part was how Tohru gave Jade a verbal smackdown, and she subconsciously refused to kill him. That's a beautiful moment that shows who Jade really is, no matter how much evil is in her.

One thing just hit me, though: Aren't the tablets written in Japanese? How is Jade reading them? I mean, I'm sure she could have someone translate, but she was alone with only Hebi, who probably can't read that, either. Just a thought.
MultiplePersonas chapter 22 . 4/16/2021
This really does feel like an episode of the show, for the most part. Cutting away to a comedic B-plot (I don't get the references in those scenes, would you mind explaining them?), and the disgruntled employee donning the mask. Think Megan will reappear? Seems a waste for someone that talented to just disappear. I wish more had been done with the Shadowkhan, though, but at least we got a lot of meta comedy with Jade's rant. How much of a backstory did she really have in the show, though?

One thing I noticed, though, was that there were an awful lot of typos in this chapter. You said you were in a rush, so I understand. This is just my job as a proofreader rearing its head again.

Also, Jade is NOT comparable to Scrappy! Jackie is the Shaggy and Scooby, Uncle is the Velma, and Jade is the Fred! I know you meant it as a joke, but it needs to be said. Scrappy just makes everything worse, and almost never offers solutions. Jade is cunning and resourceful. But yeah, this comparison comes from a Hate Sink, so...not much backing it up. Great work!
MultiplePersonas chapter 21 . 2/24/2021
Wow. Okay, that was, without a doubt, the best chapter yet. Honestly, best chapter I've read in a while, and I'm currently reading Ender's Game.

I'll break it down bit by bit, with some obvious comparison to the actual episode. For starters, I like how they knew the removal ingredient off the bat. It made no sense in the show, considering that the three cards reveal themselves together. They'd have several hours to look at that card before they lost it, and the just didn't? Here, though, the problem of removing the mask is much more in catching Hak Foo, which is a tougher task, anyway.

For another thing, you actually got me to like Paco! I never liked him in the show, just Jade-lite: None of Jade's edge, and with his annoying fanboy status. Here, though, he genuinely takes a role as a hero, fighting for a loved one and making his moves count. His courage and cunning are to be commended, and are exactly what Jade would do (and has done, except she put the mask ON a guy). Also that beautiful moment when he orders the others out so only he will have to see El Toro's mask removed was heart-wrenching.

Jackie's awesomeness also went up a step in this chapter, taking on one of his strongest opponents yet with none of his usual panic (like it or not, he whimpers a bit at first) and showing exactly why Hak Foo's beliefs will always be his downfall. He didn't move much, but that actually worked for him here, letting the opponent tire himself out.

Uncle didn't have as much chance to shine here, but Tohru made up for it by going berserk in some pretty cool action scenes. And Hak Foo himself was as awesome as I've ever seen (and I just put out my own chapter with his deadliness cranked up a couple notches). I also can't get enough of Queen Jade's snarky sense of humor. It's awesome that that's so much of who she is that turning evil didn't affect it at all.

Honestly, aside from the odd (and unimportant) spelling or grammatical error, I can't find a single thing I didn't like. Spectacular work!
MultiplePersonas chapter 20 . 2/19/2021
Wow, I understood very little of that. Between the flowery language and new characters, I was pretty lost. Not that it was bad, just kinda confusing. So, Blankman has a history fighting and rejecting evil, and Jade is married in the future? The part with the monks in Hokkaido was pretty cool, though. Sorry I don't have more to say, but it IS a short chapter, after all.
willam and jack and jake chapter 29 . 1/24/2021