Reviews for Queen of All Oni
W8W chapter 26 . 8/13
Cieszę się że seria się kończy na początku było fajnie ale patrzenie jak Jade popada w paranoje jest bolesne. Dziewczyna traci swój humor i zaczyna zachowywać się głupio odchodząc coraz dalej do tego co w niej polubiłem mimo to jestem ciekaw końca tej historii.
JimmyHall24 chapter 19 . 8/4
Shadowkhan Viper. I didn't expect that :o
wondertown9 chapter 26 . 5/11
Finally got myself into reading this thing thoroughly and peacefully. And after 26 chapters, I have many things to say. Have in mind that this review is about the whole story, not only last chapter.

1) The idea is brilliant. Project Dark Jade was a very good idea to have. However, this was the first story to actually run with the whole "let's turn Jade evil thong'; and while not having anything to do with the story, it needs to be praised due to the many people it has attracted to the JCA fandom.

2) The plot/mythology of the story itself. This work starts as an AU for season four, and thus the Oni Masks play an important part. However, they are not the only Mcguffin present in the story thanks to the Teachings of the Eternal Shadow. And that Mcguffin brings the history of both Tarsakudo, Hiruzen, the Elders and the whole Shadowkhan and Oni species into the play. It's clear that you are much versed in Japanese history and mythology, and that clearly shows up here, where it contributes to add a much more 'epic' tone to the story than the "find this season's magic objects, lose them all, fight Big Bad of the season" formula that JCA used during its five seasons.

3) Characterization. This is your forte, really. Not only the characters from the show are characterized spot on, but your OCs seem refreshing and with individual and distinctful personalites. Your take into giving more characterization to the characters that the show presented but that didn't deepen in. Like the Oni Generals (with Kuro standing out as my favourite), or even Tarakudo himself, who you turned into a historical figure turned into demon. The central characters from the show are well characterizazed, and you nail the effect that Jade's transformation and actions would have upon them. Tohru stands as the character that has been better treated by this story in terms of development, which is justificable, since all Oni-related is part of his character. Jackie comes in close second place, thanks not only to Jade's transformation, but also Viper's. Uncle is the one that gets out of this the worst, but this story never was about exploring his character. Which leads to the most important aspect of this story...

4) Jade, and the deconstruction of a hero turning villain. I have always been a fan of the whole 'hero turns to the dark side' thing, especially in regards to light-hearted shows, basically because I enjoy stories with more grayish tones. A hero turning to the 'Dark Side' brings the opportunity to see things from the other side of the coin, from another perspective. However, it is very hard to do this while not falling into an inversion of the roles within the story, therefore transforming the villains into heroes and viceversa. Proyect Dark Jade doesn't fall into this, and this story is proof of that. Jade becomes a villain, she surrounds herself with people that are loyal to her... and it backfires completely. What started as a story of an evil, cool and awesome Jade turning into a person trying to rule the world has developed into the story of a broken, paranoid and scarred girl full of anger and hatred towards everyone around her (especially males, which makes sense since the culture she has inserted herself in was a matriarchy and they were betrayed, a fact that is only increased by her paranoia). Because, why would a child becoming an Oni and trying to take over the world turn as something good for her? This is something very interesting, especially in comparison with the rest of the Project, I think. In the other stories I have given a look at (like Kage) Jade is, even if agresive, the victim. She doesn't want to be in that situation at first, yet she slowly goes there. This fic starts, Wong makes a mistake in his spell... and BOOM! Jade goes full into the role of the agressor. She wants to be the Big Bad and show everyone how awesome she is at it... except that she isn't better than the other ones. And every mistake and bad thing that could happen, happens. And thus we, the reader, learn that a pre-teen girl turning evil is not as cool as the first chapters of the story would indicate, and thus; the greatest point and virtue of this story is giving us readers exactly what we came here looking for (Jade back being the Queen) and then slapping us in the face with the consequences. And the cherry on top is that you can feel her pain, you can feel her mind breaking. Heck, you can see it thanks to your great idea with Jade's mind and her aspects (something similar I'm running with I'm my own story, albeit with actual people instead of concepts). She's the villain, the story doesn't shy about it. But you also feel bad for her, for how deep her sanity has sunk. Evil is not a Toy, indeed.

So that's basically all I have to say. I hope the whole review has reached to you. Your story is awesome, and I looking up to its ending. I suppose I'm going to read Ripples next. Good bye.
Marcus.D the Bastard chapter 26 . 1/4
so that's it then? no resistance to thoughts Uncharacteristic Of Oneself? no people trying to get her help despite her gathering people who should be doing exactly that? no...learning how to not fail? just someone falling from the True Path and being taken down, For Justice. how dull.
astral trinity chapter 26 . 1/3
Jade is falling deeper I just hope that she thinks more smarter. Because lately it seems like she is not thinking smart. I had thought she was going for the smart, ruthless, cool, powerful villain. Awesome chapter and thanks for updating.
D.J. Scales chapter 26 . 1/2
Not bad. This makes a good point
sarista wow chapter 26 . 1/1
Well now, that was intriguing, her decline has been very interesting to watch and I like the casts overall interactions and the general tone as much as every, lots of great subtle character work as well.
nightmaster000 chapter 26 . 12/31/2016
Great chapter
CaptureGod-Otamegane chapter 26 . 12/31/2016
Inclued the final mask with the end of the year, very synergistic.
Bloodyninja88 chapter 26 . 12/31/2016
Well the final battle is nigh, the final mask has been found, jade has lost yet another battle with Torhu, and it looks like every one is preparing for the upcoming battle, both in the outside world and inside Jade's head, over all this was a good chapter to tie up the last loose end before the story's finally and epilogue, good job over all.
BrazeRancor chapter 26 . 12/30/2016
Thanks for your hard work over this year and look forward to more next year!
Secundum chapter 26 . 12/30/2016
Yeah, I was one of the ones who liked the intelligent villain Jade, rather than the raving psychopath we have now.
Still, this was a good chapter.
More Dakka chapter 26 . 12/30/2016
Hanging lampshades. I see what you did there.

Always awesome to see this update. Hope you had a merry Christmas.
zWarLock chapter 26 . 12/30/2016
You know... you're absolutely right.
I've always liked stories about the hero becoming the bad guy though any decent ones were annoyingly difficult to find, and I think you just nailed down the reason why: they were always so unrealistic, trying to make them "cool." Jade's Caligula-like transformation, while tragic, is much more in line with the reality of villainy. p.s. Kudos on the lampshade joke, only Tropers will get, and only a die-hard Tropers would think of it. You are truly One Of Us my friend.
monsterhat chapter 2 . 11/18/2016
So this is after the first time with the dragon tato sould be fun. it had been some time sence I watched the show but great story so far