Reviews for Dear Diary
Mystical Lady Partridge chapter 26 . 7/21/2010
Wow, I must say that I'm a little disappointed that this story has ended, I was looking forward to reading about the date on Friday. LOL

You've written a wonderful story, told from a teenager's point of view in an era that is sadly, long gone. It brought back a lot of wonderful memories for me. It was beautifully written. Thank you.

I see that you have a new story up already, so I'm going to read that one now.

Karen.
Mystical Lady Partridge chapter 24 . 7/11/2010
Just one complaint on this one: too short! Need longer installments!

The description of "the talk" that she had with her mother and the disappointed feeling that she had regarding her failure to address the issue at hand, was very realistic. I could picture the whole scene.

So, it's only 3 more days til the show? The suspense is killin' me! Please don't wait too long in between postings, I'm jonesin' here!

Installment Junkie,

Karen
Mystical Lady Partridge chapter 23 . 7/3/2010
Okies, another few installments to catch up on! Cool beans!

I gotta say that Donna isn't the only one feeling anxious about Keith's plan. I'm dyin' here...

You know, I can almost see Mrs. Stevens point of view. After all, she's trying to protect her daughter and who can really blame her for that?

Picture this: Keith and Donna get married, have a couple of kids and Keith splits shortly after the last child is born. Just disappears, never to be heard from again. Another deadbeat father...NOT! LOL

For Pete's sake woman, get a life! He just wants to be able to take her out without sneaking around. It's called a date...not marriage.

LOL Sorry, I just had to get that off my chest.

Carry on.

Great job by the way. Please, oh please write faster!

Karen the Installment Junkie.
Mystical Lady Partridge chapter 20 . 6/12/2010
So...wow! I didn't realize that I had a few chapters to catch up on. Yeah baby!

I was glad to find out that Grandma Rose sided with Donna, and that she had an understanding adult to talk to about her problems. Again, you've captured the teenage angst very well...at least how I remember it. It was soooo long ago. LOL

I'm really glad that Keith took the time to write to her, even if he didn't write about anything in particular. Although he really could have told her about the tour cancellation. Oh well, that's a guy for ya!

So it seems as if Keith does have some kind of plan up his sleeve. This should be very interesting. If I remember correctly, he had a few hair-brained schemes on the show...

Great job all the way around, can't wait to read more!

Karen, Installment Junkie.
Mystical Lady Partridge chapter 16 . 5/28/2010
I love the way this one starts out...in a tree! LOL And the cat was a nice touch as well.

I also really like the way you have dug into Donna's character. Your writing perspective is spot on as far as age appropiate. It sounds/reads like the thoguhts of a 17 year old girl. I remember that age, I used to climb trees too!

And now the fact that there's another male in the picture. Watch out Keith, I have a funny feeling. But then they say that long distance romances never really last. So Keith has at least that going for him, he lives next door.

Just gotta get Mrs. Stevens to lighten up...

Well done! And as usual...

Installment Junkie.
Mystical Lady Partridge chapter 14 . 5/16/2010
Ah...you've captured teen angst at it's worst. She has received the worst news of her life! Donna is turning into a drama queen! LOL

I had to chuckle at the skirt length issue that she has with her mom. Someday...when she and Keith have their own daughter (LOL) she'll understand.

I'm enjoying this immensely, please oh please continue. You've got me on the edge of my seat.

Karen
Mystical Lady Partridge chapter 12 . 5/11/2010
Ah...more installments. Cool.

I have to say that they are getting more and more interesting. The fact that Keith has begun to show more interest has got a lot to do with it. I mean, he had me wondering there for a while.

Getting Donns's attention by calling her name from outside shows that he does have a little bit of a bad-boy streak in him. Even if he doesn't think so.

But on the other hand, him not wanting to go against Mrs. Steven's wishes is understandable, I just don't understand why he hasn't kissed her yet. We know that he's interested in her. Has he got another girl on the side, or is he just being a gentleman? Probably the latter.

Great job on keeping the characters true to the original show.

Can't say that I blame Donna though. I'm anxiously awaiting the next posting...

Installment Junkie.
Mystical Lady Partridge chapter 10 . 5/2/2010
Well, Donna hat the right idea to try to talk to her mother about her "view." I wish her luck! LOL

At first I was thinking that Keith spends way too much time in the Library, but then when you revealed that he was actually writing lyrics...then it made perfect sense! Probably the only quiet place he can find.

I think you have captured Donna's teenage angst very well. She's really caught between a rock and a hard place.

BTW, I really like the new poem. Sums up her feelings pretty well, I imagine.

Still jonesin'
Installment Junkie
Mystical Lady Partridge chapter 9 . 5/1/2010
Oh, to be a fly on the wall in the Partridge kitchen during that "conversation" about the band and in particular, Keith. I suppose that we'll never really know what was said, unless Donna asks Laurie specifically about what was said and gets the scoop.

I have a feeling that something's going to happen. I know! Donna AND Keith should run away together, get married, have a kid. Not necessarily in that order. That'd really tick off Mrs. Stevenson...LOL

Can't wait to see where you take this. More soon please!

Karen the "Installment Junkie"
Mystical Lady Partridge chapter 8 . 4/27/2010
I love the new format! It's really original, plus I think it'll be easier to keep track of where I left off. LOL

I gotta tell you, I was angry at that damn librarian too! The nerve! Just when things were looking up.

Maybe Donna can have Candice's parents adopt her. I think I'd divorice my mom after that little scene. I can't even begin to imagine living NEXT DOOR to Keith and have your mother throw a hissy fit about something so...silly, then being forbidden to see him. I think I'd seriously have to consider running away...next door.

Just one question. Can I still call myself a Chapter Junkie, or will it have to be "Installment Junkie?" LOL
Mystical Lady Partridge chapter 5 . 4/25/2010
I gotta say that as short as this chapter was (did I request longer chapters? If I didn't...hear me now!), I really, really liked this one. Mainly for the fact that I was totally identifying with this chick! LOL It was a pleasant read, and if you don't mind me saying so, I think you've/she's got a great start to her love poem!

Suggestion: I know that this is in diary format, but perhaps you can include a few days worth of entries in a chapter. Don't make me beg, it won't be pretty.

Jonesin' again

Karen the Chapter Junkie
Mystical Lady Partridge chapter 4 . 4/23/2010
I have a sneaking suspicion that she's setting herself up for an embarrassing situation involving Keith, with this poem thing. Cant' wait to find out.

More please...

Karen the Chapter Junkie
Mystical Lady Partridge chapter 3 . 4/22/2010
Okies, the only complaint you'll hear from me is the chapters are too darn short! I need more...and I want to know what Keith's problem is. After all, she's a cute girl! I know! Maybe he's scared of her mother! I know I would be, if I were him. She kinda freaks me out.

I hope we get some more Keith action in the next chapter.

I'm really kinda likin' this format. It's refreshing.
Mystical Lady Partridge chapter 1 . 4/16/2010
Cool idea, I like it!

So, she's still gushing about going on a date with the one and only Keith Partridge? Can't say that I blame her though.

What the hell is wrong with that boy? No good night kiss?

If it gets out, it'll ruin his reputation!