Reviews for Suzumiya Haruhi no Index
erica.phoenix16 chapter 1 . 4/6
This looks interesting. Please continue. :)
Sora with an S chapter 24 . 4/5
Is it possible to triple like a story? You're mixing the setting, cast, personalities and power levels of all the characters PERFECTLY. The story flows naturally and is brilliant in all aspects. This chapter is especially well done. You, my friend, are a boss. Congratulations.
Hyakimaru, have you never read a single one of To Aru Majutsu no Index's light novels?
kageKun chapter 24 . 2/5
First off, I would like to say that writing the Disappearance arc from Touma's POV was a good choice. Seeing the altered world from his side was facinating and appealing. Changing his exploits from the original world to defeating them in a CHILDREN'S CARD GAME, is a silly, yet totally acceptable explanation.

I like what you've done with the altered world. Touma no longer suffers (as much) bad luck, horrible things that have happened to certain characters never did, and they are better people for it as compared to their canon selves.
Heck since his Imagine Breaker no longer exists, now you gave us Touma in action who gained FOUR love interests in Himegami, Index/whatever her new name is, Misaka and Misaka Imouto in what? Two days? But the ones I liked best were Himegami and Index.
Both characters were boring and downright obnoxious respectively in canon and you made them...likeable! Kudos to you as a writer for that!

But that's where you failed here. You made the new world likeable. And now I have extreme trouble accepting your conclusion. Putting aside your many grammatical mistakes and how anticlimatic the way the arc ended, I can't get over how readily Kamijou Touma reverted the world. Even Kyon in the original series went through a long monologue discerning his thoughts and motivations and struggled heavily with this issue (And blushing Nagato) and all it took for Touma was a fist fight? Really?

Just remember, you're not just dealing with the Suzumiyaverse, you've merged it with the To Aruverse and therefore you've made a bigger picture to deal with here. And as a fan of both series, it's my judgement that the altered world is a much better one.

Why? You and some angry fans may ask?

Touma would have been happier there. Have you read the New Testament novels? Realisticly, someone who's gone through what he's been would have developed severe PTSD by now.
The world is a better place without ESP and magic. YOU made it a better place without ESP and magic. Himegami did not watch her family die in front of her, Index was not treated like a time bomb, 10031 clones did not have to die, Sister Lucia is a nice person now, Agnese and Orsola did not have a torturer/victim relationship, Accelerator did not go through the trauma of ostracism brought on by his powers, and most importantly, Alestier Crowley is most likely dead, and therefore not out to bring the world under his control. There are no power struggles, no fantastic brutality that only magic and ESP can escalate to. The world you made, is for all intents and purposes, peaceful.
How can it stand against the argument (which now, in comparison, sounds outright childish) that the original world is more interesting and fun?
No. I do not think that the fun, old world is worth all the blood and trauma it's built on. Sure you'd have to sacrifice your old life, but isn't that what heroes do? Heroic sacrifices?

Why fix what ain't broke?

Sure, now you don't have a story, or at least, an interesting one. (The other reviews that beg for an Altered World spinoff begs to differ.)
Which leads to my next point:

In truth, this would have been a nice point for you to retire the series gracefully. The Suzumiyaverse is dead. Has been for some time. The author, Nagaru Tanigawa-sama has not produced any new novels for some time now, and KyoAni is unlikely to animate the novels past Disappearance unless they have a steady buffer of novels ahead of what they have animated to this point. It's just how it is.

Although it may hurt some feelings to say this, but you're running out of original things to say. Your fic is running out of the stations of the canon here, and it is very likely that this fic could become dead in the air. I would rather you wrap it up in one final glorious arc like this one, rather than have it lose quality slowly and slowly die off as you reach the final volumes of the Suzumiya Haruhi novels. Don't let it die off like the light novels. Your fic deserves better than that. Conclude it while you can and move on to the next work. You've certainly proven you've enough imagination for that!

You could have made Kamijou and Kyon work out the differences in the new world, gather back the SOS Brigade, and just...stay there. There would be no more struggles and the world would be just...better. And so would Kamijou's love life I might add, it's about time someone let him get into normal relationships like a normal teen would!

In any case, it's too late for anymore complaints. You've concluded this arc, and life goes on. I hope to read more in the future! I'm just sad that Touma rejected this world. It would have been good to him...
Anon64 chapter 24 . 1/11
I liked the chapter, and I second the idea of someone making omakes where they decide to keep this world. Good job!
Joker-ZX chapter 24 . 1/11
This is probably the only chapter that I hate
everything about it just seems so half-assed to me
its like you're running out of ideas to write you're chapters

also ,"I was just like a movie I saw once, I believe it was called: The Disappearance of… of… I can't remember the whole title, but it was pretty good, so check it out if you can.", this just SCREAMS bad writing
could you please just omit this? its just so pointless
it's cringeworthy

and how the hell did Haruhi talking to a nun in the previous chapter lead to Disappearance?
this makes no sense

Also the chronological timeline for HS is as follows:
Full Chronological Haruhi Timeline

09) Live ALive (Late November) Book 6
10) The Day Of Sagittarius (Late November) Book 6
11) Someday In The Rain (Early or Mid December) Anime Only
12) Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya (December 16th to 24th) Book 4

Not adapted into the anime:
13) Charmed at First Sight LOVER (26th December) Book 6
23) Dissociation of Haruhi Suzumiya (April) Book 9
24) Surprise of Haruhi Suzumiya (April) Book 10
25) Surprise of Haruhi Suzumiya- Epilogue (May) Book 11
26) Rainy Day (September a year before Melancholy) Special Edition Book 10/11

you mentioned and shown Sasaki as well as some of her associates so we should be somewhere between book9 and 10
how the hell did we get back to book4? all of the previous character developments suggests post book6 or 7 at the very least
or sometime after Kyon goes back to save himself as shown in the prologue of book7

also Touma was useless in this chapter
tl;dr I don't like thing
-Anon666WTF
BieberLover69 chapter 24 . 1/10
I wish someone would write an omake wherein they decide to keep this world. This was great.
Yoshel20 chapter 24 . 1/3
Yay! loved the chapter! So whatever their power is, its the Card Deck's name? The part where Kamijou and Kyon's talk in the park felt short though.
Kage15oni chapter 24 . 12/30/2013
Now I really, really want a vanishment spin off of this fic. Good job.
Satire Swift chapter 24 . 12/30/2013
Not quite sure what brought this on, but a good chapter nonetheless.
anchoviesx7 chapter 24 . 12/30/2013
Man I hope Pierce is the 6th level 5, then it'd be more awesome!
Crimson-Sorcerer chapter 24 . 12/30/2013
Por fin un poco de Touma, ya se extrañaba sus desgracias. Estuvo muy bien el capitulo, las historias de los personajes de ese "what if" estuvieron bien, en especial la de Himegami y la referencia a Yugioh fue un LOL. Sin mas que decir gracias por el capitulo y espero con ansias la siguiente actualización.
neogoki chapter 24 . 12/30/2013
Aogami has great potential, to get that Intel and make this arragement, the OTAKU is strong im him XD
loved this chapter, the alternate Academy City will be forever in my heart
justbehappydammit chapter 24 . 12/30/2013
I like this chapter, but one sentence doesn't make sense to me. "Not even stealing her powers she could move you..." Was that deliberate? It doesn't seem to make much grammatical sense. Other than that, I liked the chapter. What a strange illusion.
Bookeater-otaku chapter 23 . 10/14/2013
So many elements in this chapter. The chrismast party is going to be interesting to say the least.