Reviews for A Very Underestimated Emotion
Kimnd chapter 7 . 3/1
Well if you want my opinion about this chapter, I would argue it ecapsulates what makes your characters so much more engaging than Mayer's. See, there's actual stakes here, real character dynamics, rather than reactions. Bella seems to have the same reactions to everything (Sorry Eddy as a person who's read her thoughts they're pretty boring), but your version of Jacob and Edward are more multi-faceted than the Midnight Sun Edward she's posted on her website. Not sure if that's "cannon"... but I also don't care.
As for the worldbuilding stuff... that's not as big an issue, I don't think. The world the story exists in only exists to serve the plot; the plot doesn't really flow, more like getting jerked around by its nose. While things happen at random to make for maximum drama, that's not a bad thing-in fact, that's generally good storytelling. The problems arrise when none of those things are used to flesh out the world, but instead only serve to keep the characters trapped in a specific course of action. What's Jacob even like other than angry and funny sometimes? Fuck, I dunno-everything I know about him as a real person comes from this fic. I dont know
Im tired
What about people with insomnia, Eddy? What about THOSE people?
Kimnd chapter 5 . 3/1
To be fair, the "the bouquets of brilliant anemones undulated ceaselessly in the invisible current" is actually talking about liter anemones underwater, which isn't so bad. But the only reason I know that is 'cause I literally am listening to the first book and that phrase just popped up. I'm honestly having a hard time picking up on what's wrong with the book, even though I've read it already and have told basically anybody that will listen that this particular fic is the only good thing to come out of Twilight's existance. Because the way Bella reacts to things is pretty bratty and unlikeable, but ultimately not unrealistic; maybe it's more the context that the books exist in that I dislike it? Plus, I'm only on, like, chapter 4. Perhaps I'll get fed up before the part where Jacob comes in and says "hello I am as good as the main characters get byeeee!"
Kimnd chapter 6 . 3/1
"Please Don't Leave Me": the soundtrack to Jacob's life.
MarxEngels chapter 9 . 2/6
I read the whole thing a bit over a year ago, before I had an account. Recently I started re-reading it, and I had forgotten how tormenting Jacob's emotions were, and how powerful Edward's rejections were, both of Jacob and of himself, the combination makes the story, particularly the ending heart wrenching. I read this poem quite recently and thought of this story so here it is:
You, O flower,

And having emptied myself
I joyfully embrace you
singing myself hoarse.

Through the window
I hear the wind gently blowing
while onto my white dress
a solitary. shiny and brightly polished
button is sewn.

Even now before your arrival
I'm preparing for
your impending departure.
Come quickly today
and become fixed within me
as a bouquet of sorrow.
bluesnowflakes21 chapter 15 . 10/31/2016
update it please this is really nice...i liked it since it was very emotional...felt like i was there in the story itself...
Alexandra Vupre chapter 15 . 2/1/2016
That was amazing. This fic is one of the scarce angst genre fics I've read and actually enjoyed and tolerated, albeit emotionaly exhausting. Then again, angst! So... where's chapter 16?
Alexandra Vupre chapter 1 . 1/31/2016
...this is actually a pretty good start. Alright, ONWARDS!
Kimnd chapter 3 . 7/26/2014
Haha, very clever, jake. There isn't a woman (who is attracted to men) who can resist a sad woobie.
Kimnd chapter 1 . 7/26/2014
I guess you could say Jacob's alliteration is atrociously amateurish, EH!?
Hey, Edward, about the dudes running in the woods naked... it's not gay if it's in a three-way. And the pack all together is like a fucking orgy, so it's extra not gay!
MY LOGIC IS FLAWLESS.
Kimnd chapter 1 . 7/26/2014
Oh jesus thank God! I thought this had been taken down! I swear, I will tout this story as proof that anything can be used to make something good until the end of my days.
Oh shit I guess this means I actually need to review it. Damn, but... But I can't really think of any constructive criticizm...
Well... Then again, I guess could always re-read it and see what I missed! Again! Hah
mm2938 chapter 15 . 6/10/2014
Just re-read this again! It would be amazing if you could update :)
Karamelli chapter 15 . 4/30/2014
This is definitely one of the best stories I've read. Love it! You srsly need to update, cuz that can't be the ending!
you know me chapter 1 . 4/3/2014
_ Awesome! _
Kimnd chapter 3 . 3/23/2014
Here's hoping Jacob reaches the conclusion of "Hey, why don't Bella, me, and Edward all just fuck /each other/? Genius!" because I'd love to see Eddie's reaction to that.
The World in Black and White chapter 15 . 2/8/2014
WHERE THE FUDGE IS THE LAST CHAPTER?! YOU CAN'T JUST LEAVE IT THERE! I love this story TOO EFFING MUCH to watch it go to waste with ONE CHAPTER LEFT! PLEEEEEEEEEEASE update this story! I'm begging you!