Reviews for House of Cards
WildChildALR chapter 1 . 2/10
Ugh I love this so much. I think Charles and Anne of Cleves would have been great together. Unfortunately there isn't much fanfiction or anything else for this pairing. If you could write something else including them it would be awesome. If not could you recommend other works? Like I said I haven't found much
MaxRide05 chapter 1 . 2/2/2014
This was heartbreaking. So much guilt, and longing at the end from Anne...

I loved reading this, it's very wellwritten. I especially love that Charles comforted Anne the only way he knew how - by kissing her!

It's also sad thinking of how Charles' feelings were as a result of guilt, and Anne grew to love him and mourned him after his death. And she was aware of the root of his feelings which makes it more tragic. I hope you keep writing, you're a wonderful writer. :)
Lana Langston chapter 1 . 9/21/2013
Charles and Anne of Cleves had such a natural relationship in the show that I really firmly believe they would make a wonderful couple. Duke of Suffolk was the one who helped her feel less anxious as Anne of Cleves was soon getting ready to meet King Henry. I really do pity Anne of Cleave and how Henry was so heartless towards her. She deserved better.
pbk chapter 1 . 10/29/2012
okay, i always kind of paired these two together in my head, especially when anne comes back to court during the henry/howard marriage. brandon sort of gives her these looks that make it seems as though there could be something betwixt them. i wish there was more out there on these two. thanks for offering us this!
G chapter 1 . 6/28/2011
Perfect!

I wouldn't have imagined this pairing, but you wrote it very well and in a believable fashion. I feel so sorry for Anne.
WhenThePawn84 chapter 1 . 5/1/2010
This is such a subtle, poignant story. I loved how naturally they got together. I had never thought of them as a pair, but you make it work.
Ellen Fitzwilliam Brandybuck chapter 1 . 4/21/2010
This was quite impressive. I've always wondered what would happen if those two got together, I too also noticed the attraction, or at least appreciation, Henry seemed to develop for AoC at the Christmas celebration. You did a fine job of capturing their personalities and good descriptions. Thank you for sharing.
TrivialQueen chapter 1 . 4/20/2010
This has brought back some off the good will I felt toward Brandon, the affection I lost somewhere mid-season two. I can't wait for Anne to come back on the show, especially if she comes back like she did here. The theme of cards is also excellent. Great work.
azab chapter 1 . 4/18/2010
great job :
KittyBennet chapter 1 . 4/18/2010
Great story, very beautiful, I really loved it ;)

I really like AoC/Charles Branon, they had so much chemistry in the card playing scene and you captured them very well.

Even the guilt was easier to face than those memories – a ship, a foreign court, and a hot love that had burned out far too quickly.

That was my favourite line ever, maybe because I love Charles/Margaret so much ;)
Lady Eleanor Boleyn chapter 1 . 4/17/2010
Oh! BEAUTIFUL! I can't describe it any other way. Charles comforting Anne the only way he knew how...that's just so typical of him, and besides, Anne's right, even if it wasn't full-blown love, which it probably wasn't, it was certainly an effective method of easing one another's pain.

I loved this so much that I don't know what else to say - if you enjoy mine half as much, then I'll be satisfied.
Boleyn Girl13 chapter 1 . 4/16/2010
This was fanatastic! What a wonderful job you've done with capturing Charles Brandon- and it was concise and well, simply put, just perfect!
Ladyjaxs999 chapter 1 . 4/16/2010
Amazing! This one-shot just made me love Charles/Aoc even more...great job.
BeheadedbyLust chapter 1 . 4/16/2010
That was so lovely and sweet!

Poor Anne & poor Charles! They would have made a lovely couple, another brilliant story! :D
dulceInvierno chapter 1 . 4/16/2010