Reviews for Against All Odds
Are you chapter 1 . 2/8/2012
Still going to write for this story? Its very good :D and it kind of sucks that all of the fanfictions with LaCroix are all unfinished...
myobsidianbutterfly chapter 12 . 1/8/2012
Finally, I found THE countinuation with the Camarilla ending I've been looking for :) I really enjoyed reading your fanfic and I hope you'll post a new chapter as soon as possible. :)

ps: I thought I'm the only one who saw that mansion in front of the Tower as a potential haven. o.O :DDDDD
Mariagoner chapter 12 . 10/6/2011
I do hope you update this story soon- it's absolutely fascinating and Irene manages to be an amazingly mesmerizing protagonist. Not to mention, I can't wait to see what happens with LaCroix and his little "revenge"...
Mariagoner chapter 11 . 10/6/2011
I really enjoyed both Irene's confrontation with Alexandra and with Nines- regardless of what she thinks, she has even more heart *and* moxie than she suspects. The more I read about her, the more well-rounded she gets- she certain't isn't a Mary Sue at all!
Mariagoner chapter 10 . 10/6/2011
I loved Irene's last email! And the power-play within court and against Nines was wonderfully written- proof that politics can be as big a rush as anything else!
Mariagoner chapter 9 . 10/6/2011
Ah, I see Irene has a new side-kick now! It will be interesting to see how they get along with one another... and perhaps the former Prince might be able to use said side-kick to get to Irene eventually...?
Mariagoner chapter 8 . 10/6/2011
I love how well you write the Tremere primogen and that email in the end was *perfect* foreshadowing... I can't wait to see what else might "accidentally" convey a certain exile's regards to Irene next!
Mariagoner chapter 7 . 10/6/2011
I actually really enjoyed reading this LaCroix- he has so much more depth than the smug snake version of him that appeared in the game, while still being something of his obsessive, oily self. And yet, the UST between him and Irene is just too *delicious* to let go. Breaking her indeed! I look forward to a future reunion between them, to tell the truth...
Mariagoner chapter 6 . 10/6/2011
The "Malkavian freak-out" interlude was very nicely played and now, I'm all the more intrigued by what will happen between Irene and LaCroix. Off to read the next chapter!
Mariagoner chapter 5 . 10/6/2011
You are so adroit at writing political machinations that it's amazing. Fantastic job showcasing the blood-thirsty politics of Kindred once more!
Mariagoner chapter 4 . 10/6/2011
I love the way you wrote her confrontation with Sebastian, as well as her emotions in watching him crumble. Powerful and done so well.
Mariagoner chapter 3 . 10/6/2011
I love the description of the fight scene- you manage to really put us into Irene's head. Well done!
Mariagoner chapter 2 . 10/6/2011
Love the golden cufflinks detail- how like the Prince!
Mariagoner chapter 1 . 10/6/2011
Oh, this is a lovely start to the story and I adore how mature and intelligent your OC Ventrue is! You get the politics *right,* which is quite amazing. Your writing style is also very clean and uncluttered, compared to many who write VtM fic. I'm definitely going to follow this with interest.
angelofire chapter 12 . 8/25/2011
Can't wait for the next chapter, please update soon.