Reviews for Silence Is A Terrible Thing
reader50 chapter 1 . 10/3
I enjoyed this, it made me cry.
Kat1132 chapter 1 . 7/27
I really, really did enjoy this. Thank you for sharing.
MrsDWinchester-Zen007 chapter 1 . 7/14
Too bad Dean doesn't go back to that school now and say, "Look at me now, Assholes!"
brightsmileblackheart chapter 1 . 3/29
I absolutely loved your story, i think it would be great if you continued it and showed deans progression as he learns to talk again and who to trust
Guest chapter 1 . 8/10/2014
You had me in tears!
elyssalyn chapter 1 . 6/25/2014
This was great. Too many stories and authors out there make John out as a real bastard, but I think he's highly misunderstood. I think that what happened to his wife Mary scarred in him such a way that all the training he makes Dean and Sam go through as they grow up make him look like he's anabusive and unfeeling parent. I think he's the way he is because all he has left of his world are his two sons so he's gonna make sure the the big bads that lurk in the shadows can't get the best of his sons. Kudos for the great writing though I would have loved to see the teacher and the principal get their comeupance.
tlcroft chapter 1 . 4/19/2014
This story really hit home with me because my own son is autistic and he had challenges in school as well. Fortunately for us, his school insisted on mainstreaming David even when his social worker wanted him in a special class. Today David is an honor student, interacting well with his peers, and looking to go to college. And all because the school insisted that he stay right where he is. I personally think that Dean needed the individual attention of homeschooling; regular school just wasn't cutting it in helping him. And John was bound and determined to get him the help he needed. An excellent look at what the Winchesters lives must have been like just after Mary died.
sapphireswimming chapter 1 . 1/8/2014
Awesome. I really liked how supportive John was of Dean here. How he tried to do what was best for him and help him work through everything so patiently. It was really well written and I loved how it all came together. :D
Wildfire2 chapter 1 . 11/20/2013
This was such a sweet story. I loved how you protrayed Dean and John, very well done.
Guest chapter 1 . 4/27/2013
wonderfull, it really gives a glimpse of what a it might have been like after Mary died and John trying to cope.
this story also took on a little of what the early 80's era when disabillities in school was starting to change. Ignorance is still abounding in schools after all special schools for those with disabillities was and is still expensive, becuase it is not funded like the public schools are.
Aliko Kinav chapter 1 . 3/19/2013
Oh! I loved this. Seriously. Awesome!
Morgan chapter 1 . 9/17/2012
Right at the end I cried and in my head I wonder if that might've happened to Dean. He acts the same way with Sammy as he does when he is older, patient and kind. I love this story very much :)
Colleen chapter 1 . 5/4/2012
Char-chan chapter 1 . 12/18/2011
AAAW TT poor lil Dean! and I love John's speech! good job ;)
daleaikman chapter 1 . 11/3/2011
great story. Love how John let those people have it. Love how John takes care of he's boys. He should have taken Dean back there to show them how wrong they were.