Reviews for Chasing Shadows
jcampbellohten chapter 1 . 3/31
This was good. I like the imagery. Isn't Jiraiya one of the people in the know about Itachi and the clan massacre? I thought Itachi reported to Jiraiya every so often, or is that just fanon?

Because most of this is mechanically great, I noted all of the few typos:
"Cannot" means something's not possible; "can not" merely means it's possible for something to not be the case. You used the latter a few times where you mean the former.
The plural of vertebra is vertebrae, not vertebra.
"The grassy gives way to sand...": Either grassy something, or just grass.
"The fast, constant winds Kaze no Kuni is so famous for is blowing sand into Jiraiya's face...": the winds "are" blowing sand.
"Karura smiles half-heartedly, eyes searing the sand." You might have meant searing, but it seems more likely to me you meant searching.
"'Why you get back, can we talk?'": "When" you get back.
"Jiraiya looks over at where she's point, ...": Where she's "pointing."
"'As I'm sure you know, in life there are those who suffer emotional or mental trauma during life or at the point of death. If the damage done to their souls are too great...'": You don't need "in life" at the beginning when you've got "during life" there later. Also, if the damage "is" too great, not are.
This is so moving and beautiful. I love this strange, fantastic world you built and its philosophies on the living and the dead.
S.R.457 chapter 1 . 5/10/2015
damn if that's the after life i'm NEVER DIEing...fuck that shit!
Silimaira chapter 1 . 1/5/2015
This is beautiful.

And it wouldn't take much to get it canon, either. Wow.

Thank you!
Duesal Bladesinger chapter 1 . 1/5/2015
I was entranced by this story.
Midan no Hatake chapter 1 . 8/29/2014
No happy ending for Itachi. :'(
greenmonochrome chapter 1 . 3/4/2014
This is beautifully written.
underratedchocolate chapter 1 . 8/12/2013
It was amazing,don't think ive ever wanted anything to be continued this badly
A Midsummer chapter 1 . 5/11/2013
I thought this was another one since its sort of similar. Itachi serving as a guide for Jiraiya but this is different. Because the Suna people wasn't there and Kushina isn't here. Itachi had always been a stubborn fool that won't let himself be happy, thankfully, he has his family to be there for him this time. Sakumo and Jiraiya being brothers comes as a surprise but...*shrug*
Sailor Pandabear chapter 1 . 3/23/2013
Audemed chapter 1 . 3/19/2013
Amazing. I wish I could create a story as well as you can. Heartbreaking, really. But still amazing.
swallowinthetwilight chapter 1 . 3/15/2013
This is seriously beautiful, heart-breaking, fascinating, mildly horrifying, and just spectacular. The idea is SO AWESOME-just enough mystery and unknown to make it mildly unsettling, which very much suits a depiction of the afterlife, and the characters and interactions are just...I can't even. I am so, so glad Akatsuki210 wrote a sequel because this was too good to just be a oneshot. I loved how you dealt with Itachi, somehow so much more expressive in the afterlife, and the ignorant Jiraiya was a great touch. Really I could pick apart each scene and say why I love-Shisui! and Karura! and tha Nakano!-but really I'd be here all day. Suffice to say I love everything about its fic except that it's not longer! Anyway-thank you SO MUCH for coming up with this gem, and for sharing it with us. Whether you're doing fanfic or not, I hope you keep writing!
Emmaya chapter 1 . 9/16/2012
I love this story so much... I literally cried at some of the parts... I miss Jiraiya and itachi and all the others so much! keep writing!
redchinese chapter 1 . 9/13/2012
this makes me so sad and content and happy at the same time
good work- there really is no place like home
venrick chapter 1 . 7/10/2012
i really liked it it was not what i expected at all
47 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »