Reviews for A Charmed Regeneration
UltimateGundamFighter chapter 9 . 12/3/2015
I loved this, it was an amazing read and a great way to fix the TV Movie, I love the 8th Doctor alot and its always awesome to see a story about him. Also YES Please do a sequel to this story, I would love to see The Doctor reunite with the Charmed Ones, Maybe you can have the Doctor in another regeneration like maybe 10 or 11 who knows maybe they can witness a regeneration.

Anyways hope you do more and in the meantime i'll be reading your other stories
James Birdsong chapter 9 . 5/17/2015
Nice story
Katescats chapter 9 . 3/25/2015
Hi that was a good story.
MegaKiraraLover chapter 9 . 2/28/2015
i don't know if you're still interested in writing another story in this universe, but i'd like to see the doctor's take on chris' whole plotline. obviously he wouldn't be there for the whole thing...but maybe a handful of episodes, while the TARDIS is recharging on the nexus (because surely that would charge it as well as the rift...well maybe a bit slower, but who knows)? i'd love to see any of the later doctors (particularly nine and rose, or twelve and clara-either regen would probably get hit/snarked at by one of the girls haha) react to not only chris being a temporal anomaly, but also prue's death and paige's existence as a whitelighter/witch combo. i don't know, just a thought, should you still be interested in exploring this universe you've created. :)
Barbarossa Rotbart chapter 9 . 2/25/2014
Good story, but I'm missing the Cloister Bell.

You said that request could be made...
Here is one:
At the moment of her death Prue appears on the TARDIS. And so she becomes the Doctor's next companion.
Warlord-Xana chapter 3 . 8/2/2013
Interesting. btw that smoke snake bit. based off a mutation of Skaro.
darck ben chapter 9 . 6/20/2013
speaking of request could you do squeal to this that focuses on the tenth doctor and the charmed ones
EatYourRikkios chapter 9 . 3/29/2013
Type your review for this chapter here...
Valeria chapter 9 . 1/18/2013
Better than the movie :) Thanks for the story.
newboy chapter 9 . 10/13/2012
I would not mind a second one, perhaps if it takes place after the time war it could include the daleks, and maybe he could talk to them about what he had to do to stop the war, about what his own people were going to do.
Mourning Star under the Moon chapter 9 . 4/19/2012
This was an amazing story, but... well, the last sentence of the story feels incomplete to me. Look:

"It might not last beyond this current meeting, but as Prue found herself spinning on the floor as the Doctor suddenly the time they had spent with the Doctor this year was definitely something that they would remember for a very long time."

It starts and ends fine, really, but it goes wonky in the middle. It didn't hit me at first, because my mind mostly just went:

"It might not last beyond this current meeting, but" ... "the time they had spent with the Doctor this year was definitely something that they would remember for a very long time."

But something seemed off and a careful rereading of the sentence made me realize that there is a problem with it. I'm not 100% sure what you were trying to convey, but I'm pretty sure I got the gist of it. (Also, I got the impression that Prue was dancing with the Doctor.)

Again, I love this story - this has to be one of the best Charmed/Whoniverse stories out there. The one little ending sentence doesn't mar your story at all - it just distracted me for a moment there.

And I would absolutely LOVE a continuation of this universe! Personally, I'd love it if 10 or 11 showed up, actually... maybe 11 with Rory & Amy, just for fun.

Oddly, I was thinking about how the whole time-travel with Chris MIGHT be explained. I've seen a few interesting 'wibbly-wobbly' time stories in other categories (there's a really good one with "The Mentalist"), and it could be explained as a sort of "time bubble" where, outside the bubble, the universe goes on as though the events that happen in that season already HAD happened, but within the bubble, it's still in flux. If an outside force (such as the Doctor and his TARDIS) interfere TOO much or in a way that made the events NOT happen that prevent that alternative future, the rest of the universe would change in reaction to it. I've mostly put it this way since the Reapers would end up preventing Chris from altering his past because it creates a paradox, but I would think that his 'magic' would create the 'time bubble' that keeps the Reapers out of it. Does any of this make sense?

Anyway, sorry to go off on my musings on how to explain Chris's time travel within the context of the bigger picture. If I were to pick when in the Charmed universe the reunion should happen, though, I'd love it when he's around, causing mischief.

I hope to see a new story in this area!

(And this is just because I went onto your profile and have wanted to talk about this - I mostly don't view the Doctor/River Song as a real couple. Yes, he cares about her and she loves him, and *technically* they got married (in an abortive timeline), but I never got the feeling that he actually loved her. It's more he does things because he remembers that he must do them to preserve his past, and marrying River was kind of a way to say 'it's okay, it's not your fault that all this happened' as well as a 'you're not really killing me' deal. Basically, it's exactly what you said it was - purely symbolic. Especially since it's unlikely we'll ever see her again. Also, rewatching Silence in the Library and Forest of the Dead... you'd think that she'd already know that they hadn't done any of the events she talks about. Crash of the Byzantium? That was with 11th - and she's talking to 10! Ug...)
Mourning Star under the Moon chapter 5 . 4/19/2012
I was just thinking... even in Charmed, they hint at magic, demons, and witches as possibly being explained by science. I can't remember 100% for sure, but I think in one episode Agent Brody talks about the sisters' DNA having 3 strands instead of the normal 2. I find it hilarious that "magic" can possibly be explained in a scientific point of view - and rather brilliant, actually.

It was just something interesting I thought I'd mention, since I really enjoyed the whole discussion between the Doctor and the Halliwells. It actually makes a great deal of sense, at least in terms of how magic might be scientifically explained.

And now... onward!
All in the Details chapter 9 . 1/15/2012
First of all - this is an amazingly well done and well written story. I take my hat off to you!

I'd love to see another story in this universe. I'd almost love one with either the 10th or 11th Doctor arriving after Prue died and they now had Paige... I'd just love to see either Doctor show up, Paige answering the door, and having hilarious (and sad) interactions ensuing... I don't think that Phoebe or Piper tell Paige all of their previous adventures, so I can see them forgetting to tell Paige about the Doctor. I'd just love to see the Doctor's reactions, and Paige wondering who this crazy guy is. XD

As for when it takes place... and this is just a suggestion, since you have a preference - it might be fun to have it take place sometime during season 6 when we have Chris in the past to change it... hopefully after "The Legend of Sleepy Halliwell" but before "The Courtship of Wyatt's Father" - I just think it would be fun for either just Phoebe or just two of the Halliwell sisters to know the truth about Chris when the Doctor shows up...

Anyways, please consider doing a story like this! I'd read & review it!
Riddle Wraith chapter 9 . 12/31/2011
Awesome! Love it!
Elgin chapter 9 . 6/25/2011
Now this is a bit more like it! :) Easily a well-deserved 10 out of 10 rating.

Normally, when somebody writes material that’s ‘tweaked canon’ I’m usually not very impressed. And let’s not kid ourselves, here: for the most part, A Charmed Regeneration is essentially the Paul McGann Doctor Who film with the original Charmed Ones helping out the Doc instead of Grace Holloway, so it qualifies for the ‘tweaked canon’ label – the Master has the same plan, Doctor Eight has the same dress sense and regeneration origins, it climaxes on New Year’s Eve/New Year’s Day of 1999/2000, etc.

(I.e. for the most part consisting of the exact same events as canon, often with only one or two minor details are changed.)

It’s not until right near the end, during the final battle, that we start seeing major-league differences in the plot-driven aspect of the story. Now that was very nicely done, and (in my opinion) your chosen method of using the Charmed Ones to help defeat the Master beat the original film all hollow.

But here’s what really, really makes ‘A Charmed Regeneration’ work, what makes it into an example of what every ‘tweaked canon’ fanfic should aspire to emulate:

The character interaction.

The plot-driven elements are mostly the same: the Master has the same evil plot, the Doctor has the same basic intended method of countering it, just with a surprise twist during the climactic battle. The character-driven side, however, is absolutely fantastic stuff, and I honestly feel it’s an enormous improvement over the original film.

The Halliwells – being much more accepting of the idea that ‘weird stuff really does happen’ than Grace – let Eight exposit at much greater (and more entertaining length) than happened in canon, and he offers a scientific explanation for magic that both makes sense and is actually presented in an interesting manner. They think he’s a bit odd, but when he tells them he’s an alien, they don’t waste a lot of time protesting that that can’t be possible or think he’s insane, and are (sensibly) much more concerned with cracking on and saving the world.

The dynamic between Eight and the Charmed Ones is a true joy to behold: they might need a bit of a pause every so often to try and catch up with everything he’s just gabbled out about space, aliens and the Earth getting turned inside out, but they seem to honestly like him, and do a decent job of keeping up with his high-speed explanations.

Would I read a sequel? Too bloody right I would! If you write it, I’ll read it. :)

Fantastic work – my hat’s well and truly off to you.

Best wishes,