Reviews for Moondance
Nyx Raisa chapter 1 . 7/29/2010
Apparently I've never reviewed this, but I've read it maybe half a dozen times. I love it. My favorite thing about it is probably the shift. The first half is all silly, friends stranded in the middle of the night on some road and how they entertain themselves. And then suddenly... it's something else entirely. It changes into this perfect moment of AJ and Daniels, of Joe watching and realizing there is something there, even if he can't put a name on it. I just love it. That moment and the shift. It makes it all the more poignant. And I love the visual of Chris and AJ dancing like that, in the moonlight. I can almost feel what Joe feels, you know? Excellent piece of storytelling.

On a slightly unrelated note, I get the Van Morrison song stuck in my head every time I read this. "It's a marvelous night for a moondance..."
NeroAnne chapter 1 . 4/18/2010
XD! I never really liked that couple, but it was really good! XD!

Funny and cute, loved it.
redsandman99 chapter 1 . 4/17/2010
This was very nice and cute. Awesome job.
Esha Napoleon chapter 1 . 4/17/2010
This was absolutely CUTE!
slashburd chapter 1 . 4/17/2010
Its official. If I didn't love you enough before then its firmly cemented after this.

This is gonna sound like a weird comment but I hope you'll run with it. I have a real love for fics where nothing really happens but everything happens at the same time. There's no grand plot, no massive twist, its not part of a bigger picture and the back story to it all is left totally to the imagination of the reader. This to me is one of those. Three bored guys just messing around to pass the time waiting for a recovery truck shouldn't be as bloody awesome as this, Your gentle nudging and circling of the 'true' story behind it all is just fantastic.

Its heartwarming in ways it shouldn't be as to me its more about Joe's insecurities and doubts but the two comments he gets at the end, the blunt one from CD and then the more empathetic one from AJ just kill me altogether. To me, its not palpable sexual tension here though which, despite the dirty dancing, surprises even me. I just get this sense of longing from afar and probably never feeling able to let go of more than just his ability to dance.

That for one second Joe felt close enough, good enough to touch the bond between the other two made me want to smile and cry at the same time as they're usually the most transient yet cherished of feelings.

Loved this, hence the slightly mental and scattergun review which I hope you'll forgive.