Reviews for On the Diamond Waves
ImaginationFlow chapter 4 . 8/24/2012
I'll admit that I'm not really the sort of person who leaves reviews, simply because I just can't wait to move onto the next story!

However, after reading this fanfiction (Doctor&Clairemy new obsession), I was very pleased with just about everything! I love the way in which you develop their companionship without those terrible cliches, but as simply friends. And then, how you've taken into consideration Doctor's nature. How he would be confused and constantly thinking over where their relationship is going.

Also, I loved the Hot Spring scene. Your choice of wording was spectular, and I just loved how the two interacted with each other. It was nice how you kept their actual relationship within the last chapter, instead of starting it too early.

Another thing I enjoyed was that Claire wasn't a stereotype (though I can't really talk). She had her own problems, but they weren't soul-destroying, heart-wrenching, etc. What I'm trying to say is that she wasn't a Mary-Sue, in that she wasn't horribly unlucky or lucky. She wasn't happy all the time, but she wasn't depressed either. Though, including that short argument with Karen was an excellent touch, revealing Claire's inner turmoils (kind of!)

I liked that she didn't focus entirely on Claire and Doctor as well. You also included Karen's story, as well as Cliff's (I'm happy that you used a genuine scene for him and Doctor, by the way!) However, there was enough focus on them that I considered them the main characters. I liked the inclusion of Kai as well, and your portrayal of him. Energetic, but another side to him. And not horrifically flirty as well (I never really understood where that came from).

Anyway, I probably should stop gushing over your story! I just wanted you to know that you're a fantastic writer, in term of plot-writing and creative writing in general. I hope that you continue with writing, as it's obviously something you're passionate about. Good luck for the future!
glynchan chapter 4 . 10/11/2011
Oh WOW! The number of reviews had me fooled. This is an amazing story! Thanks for writing a DocxClaire fic. I've been dying to find stories like this. Thumbs up! :)
Mandarama chapter 4 . 8/27/2011
I signed up here after lurking for months because I wanted to thank you for this story! I found it thoughtful, touching, and well-written...it's a favorite I'll return to repeatedly. You've really crystallized the pull of the game itself into a realistic narrative. I love how your characterizations keep the whimsy of the game, but add so much emotional depth. Arigatou!
Fading Butterfly Wings chapter 4 . 1/18/2011
This story was an absolutely wonderful read. The detail and emotion were incredible and I love how realistic Claire's background story was. You really should write more in this fandom. Gold star. :)
animea-aholic chapter 1 . 11/8/2010
omg, Rumor mill? the most Awesome word I ever heard.

you write soo well, i love reading this!

i hope you will write many more stories in the future!
hannah askance chapter 4 . 8/4/2010
I absolutely love how amazingly realistic you've made your story - I agree that it's definitely a good thing that there's no too-mushy-to-believe romance stuff here. I really like the way you've characterized everyone. Even though they're not exactly 2D in the game either, you've really fleshed them out. The way you've worked in other things in Claire's life here - Karen and Mary, Cliff's insecurity, Kai, etc. - is done so well that it doesn't feel forced or intrusive in the story. I'm just... completely stunned. In a good way, of course.

Five out of five, I'd say. ;P

-h.a.
SweetieLove chapter 4 . 5/20/2010
I praise you for being a very good writer. It's very good and you way of words makes me somehow envious. I do hope you write an extra..I feel like..in the Filipino term..bitin..meaning the story left me asking for more..it's really good..the word harmony, the combination of character dialogue, the gathering of the plots..just a divine symphony!
MarianFontz chapter 4 . 4/29/2010
It may not be the ending that I was expecting for but thank you. Thank you for the story, thank you for the lengthy chapters and thanks for making a story out of the two of them.
You’re such promising author.:)
MarianFontz chapter 3 . 4/25/2010
Another new chapter to read, happily. Thanks for the wonderful picnic between them .:)
Yami's Girl 117 chapter 3 . 4/24/2010
I really liked this story

Ieamt to review that last chapter, but I read it during a run through of my school play

please update soon!
MarianFontz chapter 2 . 4/21/2010
I don’t know how to start my review but I really like the way you made this chapter.

You could see the three of them getting along yet still “no romance, or heart beating wildly” sort of thing. I’m sorry if I can’t explain it that well but I really like the camaraderie between them.

Oh and the heated conversation between Karen and Claire, I really like that part. But all as well, I’m a fan of romance and so the tête-à-tête( I see it as so) between Claire and Trent was definitely my favorite part of the chapter.

I give you two thumps up for this chapter and the way you handle your words so flawlessly and fittingly.

Favorite Line:

“I think I half believed it, that we were kindred souls, two restless wanderers who neither controlled nor could be controlled, living in a world that could not contain us.”

I look forward for the next chapter. :)
MarianFontz chapter 1 . 4/19/2010
I’ll read anything with this two involved nonetheless it’s a great read and it’s very well written. I’ll be looking forward for the next chapter. :)

(I apologize for the short crappy review.)
Yami's Girl 117 chapter 1 . 4/17/2010
I really liked this.

There arent many storys with Claire and Trent on here, and when I saw This, I just had to read it.

It's very well written, and I can't wait to see what happens with Kai.

but I think I already gave away that I'm a TrentXClaire fan