Reviews for High Speed
ghoulbler chapter 5 . 11/3/2013
I JUST LET OUT A YELL
WHAT AR Eyou
I don't even know how words work right now
This is awesome man 10/10 five star A I love this
ghoulbler chapter 1 . 11/3/2013
Despite the fact that, like you said, it's not the most original idea, I don't think it's so very cliché either. Things like this tend to happen in quite a few other stories where it's just very unbelievable, but this is different. Your stories are just so believable. I'll probably tell you that about all of your stories, but I can't think of a better word. You could tell me anything about The Joker in your stories and I'd believe it. You could tell me that he's a cross dressing male prostitute and you'd probably write that in a convincing way, somehow, to make me really believe it could happen. (That's a really entertaining and mildly disturbing mental image). Anyway, you portray The Joker very well and I appreciate your existence a lot.
NotProcrastinating chapter 5 . 10/6/2013
My god, that was fucking amazing. Oh lord my heart was racing the whole time reading this. Thanks for the fantastic read!
TheGreenQuill chapter 5 . 9/30/2013
Honest to God, this is the first time I've ever seen any epic story in 2nd person, as pointed out...how DO you DO it? :D
And holy f*cking sh*t...I half expected him to pull out Rileys decapitated head out of the fridge and carve it like a Thanksgiving turkey- but a feast? LOL :D
And that gives me memories of Hannibal Lecter :P :P

Torwards the end, visualizing her "burning" for Jack was awesome in its own f*cked-up cringe-worthy right...and that ending! WOW.

I've said it once, I've said it twice, I've said it thrice, and I'll say it again. YOU ARE AWESOME :D
Daerwyn chapter 5 . 4/12/2013
Oh. My. God. Though it's 2nd person and against the rules, this was spectacular! Omg, this was honestly amazing! So I'm guessing that this means that it's going to happen... like she dreamed what was going to happen in about ten minutes! You are a spectacular writer!
Mikeala-and-Whitney chapter 1 . 4/7/2013
I really like this story. That last part just made me smile a lot, and characterization is well good with pre-Joker. I plan to read more, thanks for writing this.
soupkitchen chapter 5 . 1/5/2013
I'll confess that normally the "it was a dream" ending can feel a bit like cheating, but your build up to this conclusion was gripping, as was the parting shot where we realize perhaps it wasn't entirely a dream at all. Or isn't going to be left as one, any way.

I commend you for having the confidence and tact to write such a piece - sometimes this subject matter can be awkward to handle or uncomfortable, especially in second person, but you've pulled it off beautifully. It's still an uncomfortable read in parts, but for all the right reasons, because we're invested in the main character and because her assailant just gets under our skin.
Rainhealsme chapter 1 . 12/28/2012
Hi.

I'm not if sure you've heard this, but 'you-based' stories aren't allowed on this site. Stories such as this are not allowed on this site. Simply replace [you] with [I] and it becomes first-person or replace [you] with [she] and it becomes third-person, and therefore a normal story which can not be reported. If you have any questions about editing your story or you need an explanation on the difference between first and second person observation, feel free to contact me.

Too many people have favorited and treasured this story, and I think it's best if you keep it safe for them and of course, yourself. Please edit your work.

Cheers! xXKiraUzumakiXx
{Member of Critics United}
MissCuriousBird chapter 5 . 12/13/2012
Holy. Shit. I would say excuse my language except that's what I'm really thinking right now.

Normally, I hate stories like this where it all turns out to be a dream, but by god did you make it exciting and just pure stunning writing. I am in absolute awe in the way you made this story. My heart raced when he violated her (because damn if that ain't scary), I panicked like all hell broke loose when the whole gasoline and fire started and then I was relieved at the part where she woke up but then I could feel my stomach drop when you typed 'however, a man steps inside,' because I immediately thought it was the Joker and the son of a gun probably drugged her.

And god, the last two lines, 'His lacerated mouth and fleshy, puckered scars knowingly pull tight. And then he /grins/.'. Just perfect.

You, HoistTheColours, are undeniably one of, if not the only, best Batman/Dark Knight fic writer I have ever had the pleasure to come across. You write in just a way that pulls people in, you don't use way too many words to describe what is going and none too many intellectual words either to confuse readers, but word everything in just the way to get the reader hooked and feeling everything the 'woman' (Me? I? 'You'?) is going through, the pure horror of it all, facing off against the Joker, and the ending where we are lulled into a sense of security before horror strikes again. Stunning, really.

I just know it will be an absolute delight reading your other fics.
MissCuriousBird chapter 4 . 12/13/2012
Nothing too horrible yet, and I'm hoping nothing horrible happens in the last chapter. But damn if /Jack/ ain't creepy. Stalking the poor gal and even knowing her schedule. And the knives, holy shit indeed. I'm as freaking scared as she is right now!

I am most indeed curious as to what the Joker did while she had her eyes closed, and on whether or not she gets to go home to her daughter alive. Next and final chapter time!
MissCuriousBird chapter 3 . 12/13/2012
Urgh, the imagery I just had of her fear of what might happen, I almost cried, goddamn. And look at good old Joker, totally using his great acting skills to soother hair. Damn him.

Aha, I'm actually quite scared of reading the next chapter. Doesn't quite help that the tags are Horror/Suspense and the rating is M. Time to toughen up for the next part. Hope I don't end up crying (Jesus, my heart is beating in my chest. I think I'm scared to read the next part, hahaha)
MissCuriousBird chapter 2 . 12/13/2012
Mhm, the Joker is absolutely terrifying. And that abrupt mood change at the end there makes me squirm and somewhat dread where they're heading. This is getting more exciting with every passing minute.

Still can't quite believe she'd attempt to escape him, especially with his arms around her. Heres to hoping she won't be killed because her darling daughter Riley needs her!

Now, next chapter, GO!
MissCuriousBird chapter 1 . 12/13/2012
I just know the rest of the chapters are going to be great. Instant fav from me (I would follow this story except it's already finished, aha)

The moment I started reading, I could not stop. Your writing style is amazing and I could imagine everything so vividly and damn if I did not freak out when the Joker (Jack) asks for help. It's Gotham. Why would you help a random guy (with big scars on his face, uh-huh) in an empty car? I most certainly wouldn't. But I love it anyway. I don't think I've ever come across a story in any fandom that made me react so much to it or feel that scared and waiting in anticipation for what's going to happen next.

Admittedly, I laughed at the 'my God he's caught me staring' part. Wouldn't blame anyone if they were staring at me if I had scars like the Joker. I'd be annoyed, but wouldn't blame them.

Now, onwards to the next chapter I say!
Rehaniah chapter 5 . 10/3/2012
Incredably powerful amd emotive writing - i love how you manage to put the reader in the character's place. Seriously amazing writing - really, really great job!
emiral chapter 5 . 8/3/2012