Reviews for High Speed
TheReverendSt.Jimmy chapter 1 . 11/23
I just got really excited when I saw that there are 4 more chapters ! Tonight calls for some tea, The Killing Joke in the background, and reading your stories ahhhh so happy
LadyoftheSea516 chapter 5 . 5/13
Well... this brought a lot of my worst fears to life, lol! Assaulted and left to burn alive? LAWD. Probably one of the worst ways to go, honestly, and JESUS I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy. (But, this is still J, even if it's an earlier version.) I have to say it again - JESUS.

Anyway, anyway - damn. You really set up that nightmare well - the dinner (explains the suit! Such a dapper guy, isn't he?), his annoyance at her not "playing" along, that phone call with Riley (my heart!), and then the assault upstairs and setting the place on fire?! It was intense to read, and it really left me wondering if it would've ended differently for her if she'd gone along with it, indulged him even if it was awful if that meant staying alive a little longer. (And it also made me wonder how many other people he's done this to in this AU, if he was a serial killer of sorts before moving on to armed robbery and then organizing bank heists.) But, he had the gasoline there even before she started fighting him, so in all likelihood, he was gonna burn her anyway, wasn't he? He is such a bastard, lol. /wonders again why she loves this infernal clown.

But this was a neat experiment to read and a harrowing journey to go on with the MC. And that ending! It seems almost supernatural - the incredible vividity of the dream, feeling herself die only to wake up and be *bleeding* and then see him again. You'll have to let me know you're thought process behind that, I'm intrigued! I also liked that you kept his sick sense of humour throughout this, and I felt myself wanting to punch his lights out as much as she did throughout.

All in all, this was very entertaining and well done, and certainly a very different take (from what I've seen, anyhow) than most second person stories that I've encountered in fanfic. I'm excited and eager to read your other stories. :) (Except for GOA - I'll take your word on that one!)
LadyoftheSea516 chapter 3 . 5/12
Well, if I was anxious for our poor MC before, I'm doubly so now! This is definitely a nightmare-fuel situation - being stuck in a deranged man's house, in the dark, unable to move and knowing that a quick death would be the most merciful outcome in all likelihood. The thoughts going through her head are totally understandable and realistic, and I can't fault her either for not trying harder to get away. We all like to think we'd fight tooth and nail in these situations, don't we? (I know I used to think that.) But stressful situations and fear have a funny way of working on our minds, don't they? That pervasive thought that if you go along, try to do the right things, stay *nice* that things won't be so bad, that you can slip away, they won't hurt you until you're faced with the reality that you have no control at all and have the unfortunate experience of finding out what "panic" really means. I think this is capturing it quite well, so far!

Also - I'll have to pick your brain about this later, but do you still think (all these years later) that Jack might've been like this before Joker came along? He seems to have the same self-assuredness and certainty that he can do just about anything. Personally, I always thought that came after Jack "died" and the Joker was "born," and that his insanity was rooted in complete rejection of reason rather than psychosis. I still like this take on it, though, and the idea of Jack being completely unhinged is appealing in a mystifying way. I am both excited (and dreading) to see what happens next!

PS: You've really got his dialogue down, it's like I can hear his terrifying voice in my head.
PPS: I neglected to clarify this before, but I'm starting with your older stuff first to see the progression over time with your style, I'm looking forward to seeing how it changes! :)
LadyoftheSea516 chapter 1 . 5/12
Oh my - this sure ratcheted up the tension right away! I like how the MC starts off feeling very sure of herself and her routine, working with what she has and making the best of it, and how quickly that all falls away when fear enters the equation. I'd be having a not-so-small panic attack myself if it truly were me in that situation. (Major yikes and a big 'thank you, Christ' that I'm not, though!)

Jack makes for a menacing figure even before his 'transformation,' doesn't he? I like that you kept his many of his mannerisms here intact that we see in TDK, and I wonder why he's wearing a suit? O.o I'm sure I'll find out soon, but this is definitely very intriguing!
Talonpaw chapter 5 . 7/22/2019
I really enjoyed reading this! The suspense was perfect.
Ellekacy chapter 5 . 3/28/2017
Woah.. That was unbelievably (and surprisingly) enjoyable to read! It was very creepy and suspenseful but I loved every single word :) It's so easy to get absorbed in your writing! While I don't usually read stories that feature me as the character being written about, I think that it made this story even more impactful, because I found myself frozen on the spot in those moments when she thought she was going to die, and I found myself with tears in my eyes when she was talking on the phone with Riley! I was so relieved when it dawned on me that this was all just a dream, but I swear my heart skipped a beat when she touched her throat and saw blood on it, and then looked up and saw Jack. That part confused me a little to be honest, but I'm guessing that it's suppose to be somewhat of a mystery at the end, and that we're supposed to be left to our imagination with the question of "What happens next?" On our minds. Anyhow, I loved it! I just hope that she managed to make it back alive to Riley, but something tells me that she's probably going to find herself reliving that nightmare. I'm so curious about the blood though! Where did it come from? Did he cut her while she was sleeping? Oh one last thing, I feel like you're very talented when it comes to writing the Dark Knight Heath Ledger Joker! If I didn't know any better I'd think he was writing these stories ;)
yimello chapter 5 . 9/2/2016
How deliciously disturbing. Me likey. I would feel bad for the poor lady, but I'm just way too enamored with the Joker being a creepy dickbag if I'm being honest.
Guest chapter 1 . 4/27/2016
I love this story so much :) I hope that you will update your other stories too ... I miss them so much!
Love, Amber
JokersEvilSpawn123 chapter 5 . 3/26/2016
That was just...INSANLEY amazing
JokersLittleGirl13 chapter 5 . 2/19/2016
I loved this soooo much! I'm so sad that it's over now but i have to say that your writing is absolutely amazing! In fact, I think I just found my most favorite author of all time! Thank you so much for making such wonderful stories and keep up the good work!
Lucykins chapter 5 . 9/16/2015
You just know I adore your work. I have no clue why I've been avoiding this one up until now. Perhaps it's the 2nd person writing, but hell, if it didn't make it even more intense. and creepy. (like those old Goosebumps books where the story is told in 2nd person and you had to pick which plot you want to follow - and then you die.).
I actually panicked there for a moment reading your wild description of the flames catching her... my? body.

Plot-wise, when we watch the Dark Knight or read about all the Joker's horrors we don't stop and think about the poor misfortunate people that were caught in the fire, or blown to bits or shot at or tortured to death, this is actually the point of view of one of the nameless victims (even though it eventually ended as a dream - or not?) and it was thrilling.
I thought he used Crane's toxin or something. I loved how you left it vague.
Anyway, I feel like I'm just reviewing each story to let you know how much I admire you so... yeah. Keep writing!
scipio96 chapter 5 . 7/26/2015
Whoa.. what.. what just happened? That was amazing. But now I'm confused. Is she alive? Is she dead? Just.. what?
scipio96 chapter 1 . 7/26/2015