Reviews for Going off the Record
Fireminer chapter 18 . 7/7/2014
How lucky am I to find a gemstone in the haysack! It's a really good story. Might be a bit prolix and messy to some, but it work just fine for me.

Hope you update soon!
matchynishi chapter 17 . 6/25/2013
liked this a lot, enjoyed reading. thanks for sharing!
Elsmul chapter 1 . 6/11/2013
I just wanted to tell you that you get yourself a new follower.
Your writting is simply splendid and you describe your character mind set so well.
I expect something nice of this story as I'll kept reading.
Guest chapter 16 . 7/26/2012
Man, how I wish this were a game.
Guest chapter 16 . 7/19/2012
I admit that I cheated and saw this on your blog thingy before you updated here. Yeah, and I didn't comment there either. I'm taking your amazing, enthralling updates for granted! So sorry about that.

Anyway, it's nice to see things from Sol's perspective. I'm still very eager to know where things will go with Ky in a distant, foreign land. I might need to refresh my memory a bit, but I'm sure it's been flashbacks for a while? Nothing wrong with that, just saying.

Thanks so much for the time and energy you put into this piece! It's always a pleasure to read.

Looking forward to the next update! :)
Guest chapter 15 . 11/17/2011
Oh! You're alive! It's an update! I'm so happy to see both. Even if this was somewhat fillerish. ...Or was it? ;)

It looks like Ky won over another reluctant pseudo-admirer. Also, so unfortunate for the captain and his fellow survivors. I'm assuming they live but in self-induced exile? I hope life didn't get too much harder for them.

Thanks again for this wonderful update! I look forward to the next.
terracannon876 chapter 15 . 11/11/2011
Thanks for the update!

I like Sieg's characterization. Unfortunately, there are so many Sieg's running around in the anime world I can't remember if he was an original character in GG or one of your own. Either way, I like the guy. From your AN, I hope we'll see him later in this fic?

I like the idea of using a waffleiron to fix his weapons. On that note, for the captain to actually know it's a waffleiron, that would mean they'd have more information about the past than other people? Like, they actually remember things from before everything went to hell.

Can't wait for the next chapter!
Guest chapter 13 . 3/31/2011
I'm glad that you continue to update this fic despite receiving so little reviews (sacrilege I tell yah). It really shows your love(?) for the fandom and thus makes this fic that much more worthwhile with the thought you put into it. I have to say, I adore this story and all your other guilty gear fics. It's sad the fandom is so tiny, but at least this tiny fandom is producing quality stories like this. (Also, sorry for the lame irrelevant-to-the-content-type review. I'll try to get better at that.) :)
SK chapter 12 . 3/7/2011
It's rare enough to find anyone writing Guilty Gear fic, but to come across one so well-written (starring Ky!) is a treat. This isn't a proper review but I just really wanted to let you know how much I love this, and your other fic 'Convalent Bonds'!
khoriginal chapter 11 . 2/20/2011
Love your characters. Especially Andreyev and his interactions with Ky the almost mothering concern yet at the same time he's always thinking about appealing to the Commander. Great dynamic between the characters overall.

Damn, can't wait to see how you handle Sol and Ky's relationship. Is it going to blow over (somewhat) smoothly like Three Degrees to the Right? Or is something going to blow up? And more importantly at the moment, how's Ky going to deal with this latest incident?

Argghh, the anticipation is driving me insane t.t!
Susano'o no Kenshin chapter 9 . 11/10/2010
wow, Aphelion, it's been a while since I've seen an update from you, but WONDERFUL chapters as always, my friend, just... PERFECT... it the only way I can describe them. :) keep up the great work.
terracannon876 chapter 9 . 11/9/2010
Ky is one of those people who would just push himself past his limit ... and keep on pushing ... and keep on pushing... until he dies. Except he won't, because he is awesome and he has main character syndrome (not REALLY, but close enough) and because if he does, Sol will somehow go into hell and drag him back out again. Somehow. Never mind that hell doesn't really exist in the GG universe.

At least the both of them are OK (relatively) D

Sooo, did Ky channel Sol? _ They are forever connected~~~ *snicker*

Thanks for the chapter 3
terracannon876 chapter 7 . 10/3/2010
...After having read this chapter again. ...This cliffhanger is pure evil. PURE EVIL.

(That being said, the chapter is very well done.)

The only part I had trouble reading was a part in the middle, where the transition between past and present wasn't readily visible.

How good IS Andreyev in fighting? I know he survived the war, and he must've seen a hell of a time at the frontlines, but I always thought of him as someone who was...a very average person. (But then again, we're comparing to Ky and Sol here. What IS average? _ )

Here is where I put: Hope you update soon XD 'cuz this cliffie is a killer.
terracannon876 chapter 8 . 10/3/2010
))) The last part made me smile. Andreyev was so convinced he'd be doomed for life, and it's Ky who saves him; not in any arrogant, "I am a hero" manner, but simply by being ... young and kind and rebellious against the uppers.

I really like your structure, even if it is a biatch to live in (So desperate that they'd send soldiers to their death? Gaah...) And I'm really starting to like Andreyev (I'm starting to call him Andy in my mind...) Poor guy seems so confused and gobsmacked whenever he talks to Ky

Thanks for the chapter )
Ehecatl chapter 4 . 7/27/2010
Oh my God. Wow, where to begin? You have more than an excellent fic and I curse, for your sake that there are so few reviews. I've seen many a great story end because people simply won't read them. I do hope you do not intend to abandon this fic as I am now rather enthralled.

Your writing style is rare for this site. I've gone through pages of pure writing waste and mediocrity. Very rarely do I see someone with such talent. I have no idea how people could add in a criticism how length and wordiness can possibly be a flaw. If a writer is good at what they do, then it doesn't matter HOW long the damn chapters are, the reader will read on. And if they don't, then it only shows they are immature and unrefined. The more sophisticated readers will enjoy the work for what its worth. You, dear author, write long- but with your many words you paint an intricate tapestry that allow us as observers to peer into the very soul of the characters. To see what they see, feel what they feel, and understand as they do. As I have said... you are a gem and a rarity. Do not stop writing.

Now, with that aside, I ensure you that I will continue reading. A few things I wish to ask you though, and this is not a criticism to your work but a question posed to you personally. I'm a huge canon whore. Your note concerning canon rather confused me. Are you going to stick to canon or deviate widely? Also, as for pairings, I'm going to be honest and say I'm not into yaoi. I personally feel it is quite played out as every other fic is another yaoi, particularly between Sol and Ky. While I understand some reader's love that, people such as myself who do not care for it tend to have a hell of a time finding a good fic. I'll be honest in saying I'm a biased KyXDizzy fan. Regardless, I mean to simply ask you where you intend to go with pairings in this story- or if you intend to use pairings at all?

Either way, my personal preferences aside, no one can deny you are an exquisite writer. I'll state it again and as many times as I must- please do not stop writing. Thank you.