Reviews for 14 Days on Earth
blackmarketbeagle chapter 1 . 7/8/2013
I'm glad I found this. McKeller doesn't get nearly the amount of attention as other ships but I love them so :o)
blackmarketbeagle chapter 14 . 7/7/2013
Wonderful story :)
HeRonFan chapter 14 . 12/26/2011
Clap! Clap! Clap!

Very enjoyable story.

Would like to see Sheppard defend Rodney to his mother.

Home is in the Pegasus Galaxy for sure.

Have to check out more of your work now, and sending this to faves.

Thanks for a great read.

Lynn
HeRonFan chapter 12 . 12/26/2011
Great chapter. Very nerve wracking at times.

Fatal flaw for me though...you broke up Sam and Jack! Just shoot me now. Seriously, I paused reading right there. Not sure I wanted to go on. They are the reason I became a Stargate fan. Yes, your reasons made sense, but still. Ow!
HeRonFan chapter 11 . 12/26/2011
Oi! Both ends of the spectrum again. Blissfully happy to Oh, S***! Good cliffhanger. Glad Rodney set up the trail for Scott to follow. Something tells me Rodney will not be nervous to make wedding plans when all is settled and peaceful again.
HeRonFan chapter 10 . 12/26/2011
And now for a little fun!

Your A/N...funny. I just started writing M. I could have helped you out here but your story is finished as I read. Bummer! LOL.
HeRonFan chapter 8 . 12/26/2011
Wow. Good chapter. All the grit that explains how Rodney became the way he did. The end was poignant. I think he could have let a tear slip. No one can come away from a mother like that and not be affected. The tear could be for the final nail in the coffin that any hope he might have held for a decent relationship had been confirmed gone-certainly not for the woman herself. And Jennifer would be twenty years older too, close to 50 at that comment from Lenore.

All in all, an emotionally appealing, wrecking, and sad chapter. I silently cheered on Rodney as he stood up to her and cut her from his life. She was toxic, and Jennifer became part of the antidote.
HeRonFan chapter 7 . 12/26/2011
Day 7 turned out to be lucky indeed!

So glad you decided to bring Lenore into the story. Conversation was a little hanging in spots and I wish there was more between Jennifer defending her man to his mother, but maybe that will be for later.

Can't imagine a man taking his future father-in-law ring shopping, but it was cute. Rodney is definitely not conventional.

The proposal...well it wasn't romantic, but isn't that the way they usually go, in the middle of a conversation and suddenly you're engaged. Yes, sometimes it's the big tadoo, but realistically, it just comes naturally with a couple and not planned. And natural suits Rodney and Jennifer.

Looking forward to more Lenore.
HeRonFan chapter 6 . 12/26/2011
Great fight with Jeannie. Could really set up so much for explanation of Rodney's distrust/dislike of people. He was one to be used for is brains and dropped by so many along the way that he just shut down on trusting anoyone actually liking him for himself-not to mention the obvious attachment issues he's harbouring against his mother. ...hmmm. You could really go deep here, although I don't think that is you are aiming for in this fic.

Liked his conversation with Scott. Always the initial panic until he gets a moment to process, even when it comes to Jennifer. Well done.
HeRonFan chapter 5 . 12/26/2011
Rodney McKay in a pink apron. Now there's a picture! Very cute scene with Madison. I like how he does not talk down to her actually. He speaks to her pretty much how he speaks to adults when he is fairly decent and it was nice that he made the effort with her.

Comics with Sheppard...nice touch. Can't take the boys out of the men...and after all, we wouldn't want to.

Like the sting of jealousy of Jennifer and her ability to get playful with him and tease him too. Nice chapter of relationship building on all fronts.
HeRonFan chapter 4 . 12/26/2011
Cute and awkward smiles are generated throughout this chapter for all the characters.

Little Madison being jealous ia a sweet addition.

Rodney's talk with Scott...amusing and Rodney to a T. I don't think he realized what he said, and I found myself blushing for him.

Jennifer made him close his eyes...that was cute too.
HeRonFan chapter 3 . 12/26/2011
Just goes to show your leads do not have to be in the same scene to make a good story. Totally enjoyed the reveal with Jeannie. Makes me think of your Quarantine story a bit. A little more flushing out of why Jeannie did not like Jennifer at first could up this a tad, but it is very good as it is.

Cute conversation between Jennifer and her dad. You could really rev up some problems here if you want to.

Anyway, intrigued where you story will go. On to Chapter 4.
HeRonFan chapter 2 . 12/26/2011
Uh-oh! Eavesdropping never ends well, except in fanfic where miscommunication does wonders for a story. hahaha
HeRonFan chapter 1 . 12/26/2011
Very nice set up for the story. Not a fan of people not being mature enough to behave while at work, but that's just me. Curious what weather would delay him in Vancouver or Salt Lake. Don't both have easy climates? Vancouver is the warmest city in Canada during the winter. All it does it rain there-very depressing until April. On to chapter 2.
hifield chapter 14 . 3/23/2011
Very very enjoyable! I got nothing done today but had a good time!