Reviews for Light Follows After
thedarkesthorcrux chapter 3 . 1/25
Wow, this chapter was soo funny, it doesn't help I'm listening to It's ok to be gay...
Haru Hime-sama chapter 9 . 10/15/2014
I'm so glad that light didn't choose to be kira again. I was nervous for a moment.
sabakuXnoXsalem chapter 12 . 8/5/2013
Oh no!

I am sure that you no longer pay attention to many reviews for older fics, but I must make a correction!

I'm not sure if Jen Ainswright will know of Ryuuzaki's identity in a future chapter, so ignore this review if that is so, but Light addresses Ryuuzaki as "L" in front of Jen Ainswright.

If this is deliberate on your part, then do disregard this.

If it is a slip, then oops.

I do enjoy the story, though, despite the fact that it differs from my usual writing preferences and habits.

Lovely story.

SaLEm
darkdranzer chapter 14 . 10/3/2012
this is so awesome and awesome and shinyyyyyyy i love thissss
Reader-anonymous-writer chapter 14 . 10/22/2011
Light did not hate her guts

Fine, but I still prefer to think that Light tolerated her only because of Rem, and that she isn't a good match for Light. You described it quite well: Misa isn't as stupid as she may look, in fact, she is intelligent, but she is too exuberant.

Like?

Too slow?

Fine. I don't like when events happen too quickly or feelings change too suddenly.

Not enough plot?

Already enough. Butterfly effect: one small change (in flames) in the beginning creates many lingering after-effects.

"He can stay,"

Thank you, Mello. [Somewhat sarcastically: L is the one determining who can stay here, but Mello could make Light's life here unpleasant if Mello didn't like Light]

Innocence means guilt

What?

Nobody offers three types of cake unless they know that their guest is me.

Interesting point. But what kind of connections would she have to have to know that L likes sweets?

a quiet hyperventilation session

Hmf.

He takes care of her. He's very protective.

I'm afraid her father is abusive towards his wife and daughter. And is connected to the murders.

And the bigger part of him wanted this, wanted to be selfish. And wanted Kira gone at all costs.

Good.

confront L with the truth and take the consequences. Yagami Light was Kira. But Kira was not Yagami Light. Yagami Light was more than Kira, was stronger than Kira.

Guilt was such an unpleasant feeling. As was fear. Kira ought not to feel such trivial things. But Light was glad he did. Glad he could.

Glad...

"But my ridiculous pride... for you, Light-kun, I discard it."

Is it reference to Light giving up the Death Note?

It was a new approach, speaking his concerns aloud, but in the interest of honesty, he wanted to be sure.

It's a good approach, to speak thoughts aloud, honestly.

you working it out at the right moment

I'm 99% percent sure that somebody threatens her and uses her during the commited murders. Why would he use her... Why would she not tell police about the threatening person... Who threatens her... Probably her father uses her mother as hostage so that she wouldn't tell the police. But what's the purpose?

I know some people find the psychological stuff boring

Well, I seem to thrive on 'psychological stuff'. Be it family (mentor-guardian versus student-son), romance (cuddling and fighting, speaking truth and bantering), challenge (who guesses the truth sooner) or humour (jokes and backhanded compliments mixed with subtle hilarious insults), I find psychology more interesting than super-natural gods and angels, or Sci-Fi robots (the most interesting )

They were good friends.

Why past time?

Why would L write a note?

Somebody eavesdrops on them. The same person who has left bruises on her hands.

"You're welcome, Ryuuzaki," he replied. "Now would somebody please explain to me what on earth is going on?"

Poor Light. Can you please explain me how he missed that her bruises meant that somebody very close to her abused her? And that her comment about parents implied that her father is the abuser?

"Whilst I'm glad you two seem to be on the same page, could you please talk in full sentences for the benefit of the non-psychic people in the room?"

And Light compared her with L? Ah, but she couldn't know that the detective is L, that he would pick up all the clues.

Light decided that L had come to the same conclusion as him. Mind games made things so much more fun, especially when it was the two of them playing the same one together against someone else; he was 100% certain that Mr Ainswright could hear every word, and was working up a good sense of horror. Maybe the personal touch had something to be said for it.

Amusing. But as far as I can remember, L's torture methods are about endurance: loneliness, immobility, surveillance, sleep deprivation, probably hunger and thirst. So horror isn't appropriate: it's not like L uses needles, blades or electricity; at least, it's not usual for him. He doesn't enjoy others' pain.

"If this is how it's going to be.." Light began thoughtfully. "Yes, Light?" L prompted after a few moments. "...I think I could get used to it."

Great.

Good luck, L and Light, Near, Mello and Matt. And I apologize for whatever offence my words might have caused to them (like, using percentage when I'm in fact unable to calculate it precisely; in fact, I can neither create a timetable nor follow one).
Azhmyr Athena Le-Fay chapter 14 . 9/5/2011
I love it very amazing.
BakaFireKitsuneSama chapter 2 . 9/4/2011
THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! Finally someone who gives Misa at least a little credit!

I am a fan of Misa and it really irks me when authors make her out to be really stupid and I don't think she is.

I also really liked this chapter and the plotline is interesting. :] Sorry for focusing on Misa during this review though. Hehehe
Emerald Moonrose chapter 14 . 7/19/2011
I just finished this and wanted to review, but almost didn't since it was a bit older and I can never tell if you're okay to review the older things. Then I saw your note about that on your profile, and was like "Hell yes! Review time!"

Basically, I thought this was amazing- it felt in character, it kept the mind games that I adore without losing the fluff (which I adore just as much as the mind games), and the quality of the writing was just fantastic. I literally squee'd several times throughout this, and I almost never do that.

One thing I really enjoyed was the fact that Light remembered his time as Kira, and while he didn't revert back to that, he chose not to for a 'selfish' reason. Or, that's not quite phrased right. He chose not to because of L, but it was done in a way that suited him. It was, well, worthy of Kira and Light, and L reacted in a way that I felt suited him as well.

I also loved having to figure out the murder- though I think I figured it out later than I should have. It took me until chapter 8, though rereading the previous chapters it made a lot of sense. Then again, I kinda figured it out without thinking about the parts in between, so I don't think it counts for much. xD It was still delightfully fun to logic it all out.

In all, I absolutely loved this, and I'll be off stalking your profile to find this sequel you were talking about! ... Well. Not stalking. That'd be creepy. Either way, this was fantastic, and thoroughly enjoyable to read. Loved it!
TripOverFlatSurfaces chapter 13 . 5/24/2011
Fangirl squeal! Wow, this was amazingly written. I loved the bantering Light and L had going on there. Very cute. Although, L seemed a little OOC, because even if he was "madly in love" with Light, I'm not sure L would actually go so far as to completely open himself up to him. Either way, I immensely enjoyed reading Light Follows After. :3
Gohanna chapter 14 . 5/10/2011
Wow, that was awesome! Finally! I always felt for Light. He was trying to do a good thing, but it kind of got out of control for him - too much power. I was cheering when he lost he memories and I just wanted him and L to work together. That was MY ending for Death Note.

Thanks for that. I really enjoyed it!
sami1010220 chapter 14 . 3/22/2011
seriously, this is one of the best death note fics i've read on this site (and i've read a majority of the finished ones). i thought the characters were very realistic, and i loved the plot. while i DO love LxLight fluff (who doesn't? lol), i have to say i really appreciated the actual case itself. i thought it was well planned out, allowing the readers to gather our own clues as the fic went on (true, i hadn't known for sure it was the father, but there were definitely enough hints to know that he was involved, and that Jen wasn't willingly a participant). you managed to bring everything together in a completely original way while at the same time staying true to the characters and (for lack of better term) spirit of the series. i'd go so far as to say that this is one of my favorite fics. i look forward to reading more from you :)
SafirePhoenix chapter 14 . 1/9/2011
SEQUEL? Hallelujah!
SafirePhoenix chapter 2 . 1/9/2011
(shuddering sigh and squee)
SafirePhoenix chapter 1 . 1/9/2011
Off to a magificent start. I love that Light isn't in denial about his past as Kira. Honesty is such a nice direction for this relationship.
darkwish3 chapter 11 . 12/7/2010
this chapter made perfect sense to me...of course so did the rambling of an insane vampire seer so... :D