Reviews for The Damndest Thing
Random Ruth chapter 1 . 7/19/2014
I love this episode. When Sam and Adam are choking on blood and Dean just looks over at Sam and there are a whole range of expressions that flit over his face - and then he winks. What a moment. I love your extension of it! Wonderful! :)
Mendai Decovrii chapter 1 . 3/17/2014
This makes me very happy.
I loved 5.18, too. Cas beating Dean gives me chills and Sam's ridiculous insight into Dean's psyche, and it almost failed and then BAM Dean comes through because what else could he possibly have done? It's SAM after all and he's DEAN after all. And you captured the wonder and the brilliance of that episode perfectly. And I loved how you brought out the parallels between Dean's faith and forgiveness of Sam in previous seasons with Sam's faith in Dean now.
shookenuppepsi chapter 1 . 3/4/2013
Love your insights into their heads. I can easily see all of these thoughts running through Sam's head and I love that you come full circle with the damndest thing. I also love that Sam has the amulet. It's just perfect.
jankjay1 chapter 1 . 2/12/2013
I really, really did like it. I think you did a bang-up job with it. I'm new to SPN fic, so forgive me for being really, really, really late to the party. But I am really grateful to you for sharing it.

(I would guess that the word is damnedest, as in most-damned, but that's just a guess.)
Muffy the Dough Slayer chapter 1 . 10/20/2010
Excellent job! This is so great! ;) Very hearfelt and angsty but also kind of humorous...I love it!
ariex04 chapter 1 . 10/1/2010
I really like this story. Your portrayal of Dean and Sam is really good. Nice job with this!
Hunnique chapter 1 . 7/7/2010
Merriam-Webster says that damndest is the inflected form of the adjective damned, so you and Dean are OK :)

I agree with you, this was a fantastic episode and I enjoyed everything you added to it. Lovely work!
Caffe not signed in chapter 1 . 4/21/2010
I've always loved both boys, but this episode allowed me to like Dean again. Hope it lasts. :)

Well done. Great fic.
PADavis chapter 1 . 4/19/2010
I really liked this. I'm very glad you like Sam again if this is the fic we get out of it. And yes damndest is a word. And speaking of words, I can't tell you how glad I was to hear Sam call the angels 'mooks' in Ep 100 just like Dean did in Lucifer Rising.

Back to fic - this is how he broke his brother. Man that was brutal and sharp and amazing.

Also really really liked: "And he has to wonder just when it was that Dean – not Michael's vessel or Sam's brother or John's son, but Dean – had become so hopelessly important to people other than his little brother, just when it was that Bobby and Castiel began to not fight the good fight for its own sake but because they believed, believed in Dean."

A beautiful revelatory exploration for Sam. I like lots more lines, so much so I'm going to favorite this rather than quote them to you. Rough or not, the raw emotion was beautifully depicted.

Phoebe
supernaturalsammy67 chapter 1 . 4/18/2010
OMG THIS WAS AMAZING!

OH just incredabl;y written! I LOVED IT!

the moments when Sam believed in his big brother- and with Adam...seeing Dean and after...oh! Just perfect lovey

amazing!

xx
ellequoi chapter 1 . 4/17/2010
Wow! Fantastic look behind-the-scenes and into Sam's head. The things he realises about Dean struck me as very true - as well as something he hadn't been noticing - and I liked getting Cas's reaction as well. You paint a very descriptive picture of Sam's injuries, as well. Overall great read.
angeleyenc chapter 1 . 4/17/2010
i loved it!
You'reWrongI'mRIght chapter 1 . 4/17/2010
aww i loved it! and ive always loved Sam even after everything lol
AllieMcD chapter 1 . 4/17/2010
I loved this too and I felt for Dean and Bobby so much, Cas too, I do kind of think the beating the heck out of Dean was a bit much but wow, this was a wonderful fic to go along with the episode
carocali chapter 1 . 4/17/2010
I'm glad that you and the myriad of "Dean girls" don't hate Sam (as much) anymore. It was getting pretty overwhelming listening to the death threats towards the character.

I've always liked Dean, but I haven't since about mid-way in season 4. I blame Kripke - as I'm sure the other camp does Sam - for just writing a completely unsympathetic character. Sam was never given a chance to really tell his side; the show has always been Dean's POV.

We all know that Sam F'ed up - NO question - but he was trying to do the right things and was led astray. Is that his fault, absolutely! But there was never a chance for him to hash it out. There are still so many unanswered questions (Cas letting Sam out of the vault, the phone call, etc) and it's clear we'll never get those taken care of.

I'm not going to rant here, I guess I'm just happy that some of this is getting back to "normal" and that you enjoyed the show. It took WAY too long, I mean how much do you really have to break Dean? I think it was WAY overkill. They never did any of that with Sam - how many people has he gotten killed? Talk about guilt!

In any case, I think you bring up some interesting points and I like the way you filled in some of the blanks. You had some nice descriptions and some nice dialogue. Thanks for sharing!

:D